Caelum

What's on your mind?

Damn Facebook is screwing up my newsfeed ,seems to be set at 13hours ago.

Have to manually go looking for news on Facebook pages.

For the past week they have been pestering me for a Mobile phone number and i been declining them. Just hope they not screwing up my FB page until i put a number up for them.

For the past week they have been pestering me for a Mobile phone number and i been declining them. Just hope they not screwing up my FB page until i put a number up for them.

yeah like you'd trust FB with your phone number......

The whole doc is worth a look.

yeah like you'd trust FB with your phone number......

The whole doc is worth a look.

Yeah but i did not agree to go out and buy a mobile phone just to use with Facebook. As i suffer from deafness.

I been trying to get my news feed working for ages now and i am going in damn circles. Cannot even contact anyone HUMAN just a damn Automated response that they cannot reply to email. WTF.

Been this path many times this year with Facebook bullshit and i am getting ready to call in the Human Rights Commissioner.

Then i download all the updates Firefox ,and the latest Flash and Java. Still nothing works. Seems the v39 of FF has a Memory leak problem it keeps crashing on me.

Not having a good day.

Just opened the bottom drawer in my filing cabinet which is just full of random stuff. The random stuff includes a spindle of blank CDs, a spindle of blank DVDs and a spindle of blank Blu Rays.

I can't remember the last time I had to burn a disc...

I think I've done 3 this year, one was to allow an OS install.

I periodically check the price of BluRay media + burners but haven't really been compelled to get one. And 25 Gig is a shitload of data to lose due to dodgy media failing.

WTF ?!? - it's more than 22 years since James Hunt died. I thought it was less than 10.

Don't you hate it when it's so fucking cold that the heater ices over and you have to turn it off.........

Don't you hate it when it's so fucking cold that the heater ices over and you have to turn it off.........

In the house or the car?

In the house or the car?

In the house.

In the house or the car?

In the house.

Your house must be like a Freezer for that to happen. WoW that is amazing.

Doubt it - probably like it says, a van with command and control duties carrying around a superintendant and bunch of computer and radio gear.

Haven't they outsourced the camera vans in most places? Makes little sense having cops operate them, here they just usually park them for a few hours and everything's automated anyway.

You really do have to wonder why they advertise the function of the vehicle.

Cue conspiracy - a small number of determined fanatics with some RPGs or LIATs, a bit of intel prep and you could seriously disrupt an entire police force's ability to have a coordinated response to some act of immediate terror.

I'd not think that van is monitoring speed cameras.

I guess the police still tend to recruit or create muppets....

Cheers

Passed a police van yesterday.

Had "Police Command" on the side, is that the new mobile radar now ?

Yes it is. Seen a few up here but I think they call themselves 'Road Policing Command (RPC) ' or some such authoritarian sounding bullshit that's meant to intimidate. Actually reminds me of Vivian's Hamster SPG. And yes, they have das cameras on board (but no warning sign out the front.)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/queensland-mobile-speed-camera-warning-signs-to-be-removed/story-fntwpug1-1227438137970?nk=e08eeea4c75d48f747f2a8c4b7089668-1437118906

QUEENSLAND police have been told to remove signs warning drivers of upcoming mobile speed camera traps.

“Speed camera in use” signs that were placed ahead of police camera vans were deemed “too problematic” and too small by the state’s Road Policing Command. The new directive, which began on July 1, coincides with the minimum fine for speeding increasing to $157 for vehicles less than 13km/h over the limit.

Translation, they weren't able to pinch as much tax from the peasants.

Edited by Director

:)

On a few occasions in two states I've heard of cameras on tripods getting road-raged into tech oblivion, apparently by someones with a serious vehicle and blind siding the pest.

I've never heard of any of those who committed that act being caught....

Just a thought ... :)

Cheers

I'm in Hangzhou, China for work this week, and stumbled across this scene at the base of a new 25-30 story skyscraper. The workers are likely all migrants, earning $500-1000 per month, with a high attrition rate due to injury and harsh conditions. Parts of the scaffolding are still using bamboo. China is a very weird mix of new and old.

x7e182j.jpg

• Like 1

Supposedly bamboo is still in widespread use in Asia for scaffolding even in skyscraper applications. If done right, also supposedly every bit as safe as western scaffolding, no doubt of course other aspects of safety aren't necessarily a match for ours.

• Like 1

@ Director. Had a SUV type on the main drag into town a few times over the holidays. Pretty sure they had a

pic of a camera on one of the windows ;)

edit: Also, ( a bit predictable, but the pics looked great ) Stanthorpe and nearby had a fair coverage of snow ;)

Edited by eveln

What is the purpose of a light in the fridge? When i open the door i can see the fridge empty and what is in it.

When most of the time the fridge door is kept shut. Is something happening in the fridge when the door is closed that needs a light.

;)

Ever tried getting up for a midnight snack and not wanting to turn the kitchen light on ?

Cheers

• Like 1

It's fine, just let you fucking toddler run around me and play under my table while they're screaming. That's why I come out on Sunday morning. To pay $30 for breakfast and have children's screams and uncontrolled behaviour harsh my mellow. What the fuck is wrong with people? If you must bring you rug rats out to brunch on the busiest day of the week, fucking control them. Either that, or stay the fuck home.

• Like 1

Don't tell me you went to Mac's for Brunch ,that is worst place to go for Brunch or anything. They let kids do what they want ,the parents don't give a F**K either as they use the laws to protect them.

Edited by codecreeper