Caelum

What's on your mind?

No, Rustic Mezedes.I go there almost every day, for at least a coffee, for the last couple of years. Never encountered this before. I've rarely encountered it at all, anywhere ever, truth be told. These people were pricks, though. I ended up saying something to them, as politely as I could think of how to, and they gave me attitude. Even the staff were baffled. Oh well. You find arse holes everywhere, I guess.

On a more positive note, I'm loving being back on Android. I got a Oneplus One and its an incredible phone. The fact that it was $415 is fucking astounding. I think its the best phone I've ever used, let alone owned.

Edited by disolusiond

@Rybags ... Don't know how I didn't see your giff till this morn ! Brilliant !

It's fine, just let you fucking toddler run around me and play under my table while they're screaming. That's why I come out on Sunday morning. To pay $30 for breakfast and have children's screams and uncontrolled behaviour harsh my mellow. What the fuck is wrong with people? If you must bring you rug rats out to brunch on the busiest day of the week, fucking control them. Either that, or stay the fuck home.

There are two establishments up here that don't do children, ever. Now and again someone has a smallish attempt at trying

to 'shame' the establishment into changing it's rule. Hasn't succeeded yet and I seriously hope it never does. They're restaurants

attached to hotels that also don't cater to children, which does help them to survive.

It would be harder for stand alone eating houses to make ends meet if their house rule was no children. And that's a real shame.

I think if children are to be allowed to enter the adults world of 'fine dining' ( at any time of the day ) then there begins the child's

instruction of social etiquette. - I use the term "fine dining" here as a means of describing paying someone else to sit at their table

and ingest their food. - I think it's just as disheartening that the establishment not only expects all it's custom to pay for it's uses,

but that it is also allowing unruly behaviour of some of it's guests to infringe on the enjoyment of it's other patrons. If the unruly

child was an over exuberant ( read drunk, or just characteristically obnoxious ) teen or adult, then, in the interests of positive

social etiquette, a quiet word from the staff would come their way.

I see no reason why in a public forum children are allowed to be intrusively obnoxious little brats just because they're children.

Of course if you're silly enough to eat and pay for ' food' at Macca's, then suck it up fuzzball ! :D

I'm pretty sure disolusiond was not speaking of Macca's and would not be spending five dollars, let alone thirty dollars

to go anywhere near the place.

edit: just saw your post above disolusiond ;)

Edited by eveln

IMO there should be curfews at certain times of days, where kids and pensioners aren't allowed in certain public places.

Heh,

It's not the kids it's hopeless parents.

My kids came to restaurants with us from a very young age and were taught to always behave well.

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm playing around with some x264 encoding and thought I'd give SUPER a try since I'd heard good things about it. BE SUPER CAREFUL if you install it, even if you get the downloader from the author's website it tries to sandwich ten or so other programs in.

I mean look at the wording on the left side, you click the checkbox to deselect it and a warning popup appears, hitting OK means it installs itself regardless and hitting Cancel means you don't have to have that crap installed.

But then the next page has a gigantic green Next button and a tiny hidden Decline button for another program. I mean seriously, I expect this from CNET and SourceForge but straight from the author is a bit disgusting.

11218235_10153504798040917_3232757762585

SUPER has always been suspicious, I think it has back to base on startup as well. I ditched it a few years ago for that reason plus the fact it'd often just start and hang.

The modern day piggybacking of useless ad/spyware is highly dubious. Not only the small text but often out of focus, plus inconsistent in the manner which you disable each one, very easy to inadvertantly let one through when there's several along for the ride.

I switched to Freemake Video Converter, but it has issues as well. I found it hangs at times, and for the last couple of releases it appends a logo to the end of your video and gives no option to disable it.

As such I ditched both and switched to Handbrake. Easier to use, seems to have better utilization on multi-core machines. Though I've had occasional hangs on startup with it as well.

SUPER has always been suspicious

outright dodgy. i wasnt aware of it for quite a while but then discovered a page that went into some detail about it a few years ago.

Heh,

My kids came to restaurants with us from a very young age and were taught to always behave well.

Cheers

We (sis and I) were taught to behave as well. And apparently we loved going out to dinner, so it's not like it's a terribly onerous thing to impose.

The thing with almost all (including paid) video converter utilities is that they're nothing more than a prettied up GUI interface that just issues calls to embedded command-line utilities that themselves are public domain or freeware.

Cheers

thats the problem. its difficult to censure parents without ruining some poor kid's day.

there was a little boy kicking the back of my chair continuously on a flight once. from his incessant chatter it was clear he was very young and it was his first time on a plane and he was having the time of his life. it seemed that any kind of word to his stupid bitch mother, even a very polite one, would likely result in him sitting quiet and sullen on this most exciting of days out. so i let it go.

As such I ditched both and switched to Handbrake. Easier to use, seems to have better utilization on multi-core machines. Though I've had occasional hangs on startup with it as well.

I usually use Handbrake but had a file that it would only convert about 7 minutes of footage, though VLC/MPCHC would play it the full 20 minutes.

Definitely will never use/try Super again though.

Yep, about the only reason I keep some of the others around is you get that odd file with corruption or format weirdness that breaks on your preferred but works with other utilities.

SUPER has always been suspicious, I think it has back to base on startup as well. I ditched it a few years ago for that reason plus the fact it'd often just start and hang.

The modern day piggybacking of useless ad/spyware is highly dubious. Not only the small text but often out of focus, plus inconsistent in the manner which you disable each one, very easy to inadvertantly let one through when there's several along for the ride.

I switched to Freemake Video Converter, but it has issues as well. I found it hangs at times, and for the last couple of releases it appends a logo to the end of your video and gives no option to disable it.

I was reading Internode has removed all support for Sourceforge on their mirrors over the dubious packaging methods now of including spyware in its packages. Shame as i used to love Open Source Software but putting Spyware/Malware in it packages is plain deceptive. If they want raise funds then do it honestly ,don't slip in packages that will cause harm or is unwanted.

IMO there should be curfews at certain times of days, where kids and pensioners aren't allowed in certain public places.

Really? why restrict pensioners because some parents have no idea how to bring up kids. Taking kids to Mcdonalds is a health hazard.

Is 'counter-protesters' just a euphemism for 'Muslim Mob'?

Strange why this is happening. I would of said "SHY fan club".

Is 'counter-protesters' just a euphemism for 'Muslim Mob'?

Nope, seems largely caucasian from photos.

As I've commented on previously, I think the Reclaim Australia movement has a few legitimate points that need to be addressed to facilitate integration moving forwards, but they're buried under a deep pile of xenophobia and ignorance (e.g. ideas about Sharia Law, and Halal certification). The original organisers have mostly moved on to the United Patriots Front, which claims to be "[a] nation wide movement, opposing the spread of Left Wing treason and spread of Islamism." From the Facebook group, it looks to be a bunch of skin heads draped in Australian flags, who act like neo-nazis but staunchly reject the association, asserting cultural identity in a manner that's ironically parallel to young Australians joining ISIS.

Cheers

thats the problem. its difficult to censure parents without ruining some poor kid's day.

there was a little boy kicking the back of my chair continuously on a flight once. from his incessant chatter it was clear he was very young and it was his first time on a plane and he was having the time of his life. it seemed that any kind of word to his stupid bitch mother, even a very polite one, would likely result in him sitting quiet and sullen on this most exciting of days out. so i let it go.

It is the child's fault in as much as it is the one behaving inappropriately.

It is the parent's fault in as much as they couldn't give a fuck how the child might be upsetting others paying for the same service.

It is the staff / managers of the service in as much as they're too scared of the potential outrage of the dumbfuck parent/s who're

also paying for the same service. << I find this a totally abhorrent manner of dealing with the situation. Also, from first hand

experience, a child will often take more notice of a stranger who is obviously in charge of the dwelling telling them the rules of

attendance. Generally speaking, it works far better than the dumbfuck parent who has mollycoddled the child since birth.

And it is also the fault of the person being bothered by the exuberant child in enabling it's unsocial behaviour to continue.

A child can have all the same wonders of a first experience without having to neurotically kick out an unknowns backrest.

What happens if the child continues their aggressive behaviour toward someone with zero patience ? ;)

Not your problem then is it ? :) The flight attendants should have come up and told the child it's behaviour was hurting both

the chair and the person sitting in it. Simple. No fuss. No bother.

So Rednecks Vs Greeny twats then? :)

Yup, certainly seems that way based on coverage I've seen. Difficult or either 'side' to maintain their credibility given the violence over the weekend, though I guess that'll be explained away as 'unassociated extremists'.

• Like 1

Damn temps are dropping fast in Adelaide almost down to 5degC ,looking at Melbourne, Canberra temps its going to be colder than predicted.

So keep warm guys ,remember what Mr. Snuggle was made for. LOLZ

I've noticed that "60 Minutes" has an advertised timeslot of 8:30 to 9:40pm.

As such, I think somebody should notify the Nine Network and have them correct this by either renaming the program to "70 Minutes", reducing the amount of advertising by 10 minutes, or adopting a more agressive editing policy to reduce the program content by said amount.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 2

Aus with a lead of 464 with a full day plus 2 and a bit sessions remaining.

IMO they should declare with the lead at 475-480, best to get at England for at least several overs before the lunch break.

They're something like 110 runs clear of the biggest ever successful run chase, so now it's a case of an unlosable game but not a guaranteed win.

Supposedly only 3 draws have ever eventuated out of a team being given 5 full sessions to catch up or force a draw.

ed - OK, well a 508 lead and looks like only 2 or 3 overs will fit before lunch. Nice couple of sixes at the end by Marsh to get them over the line.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1

How do you make a hormone ?

Don't pay her.

I've noticed that "60 Minutes" has an advertised timeslot of 8:30 to 9:40pm.

Did you watch it ?

Early this morn I saw an article on my news.com.au feed but I was running a bit late ...

also, poor Hormone. Everybody gives her crap ;)

Edited by eveln