Caelum

What's on your mind?

I flicked over for the story on the Iceberg harvesting.

There's actually a TV series about it from Discovery or similar. Irish bloke as well, on one trip out he uses all his ammo (about 200 shots) but doesn't manage to dislodge any ice chunks.

also, poor Hormone. Everybody gives her crap ;)

Well, it's kinda understandable, really... She was always such a snot to Harry and Ron.

• Like 2

I think the spelling was different Cybes :D

I was hoping you had caught 60Minutes Rybags, as I don't do commercial tv, at all, ever, never ;) but the wee look I

had of that article spiked my curiosity. Am wondering when and if England will ever get to convict any of it's

political 'high powered' pedos ...

Are you sure? Seems to get an awful lot of horn happening in fan circles. ;p

Are you sure? Seems to get an awful lot of horn happening in fan circles. ;p

Hermoine ... but don't quote me ;)

Online game been going to shit at the same time the past few days again... (had a few months [enough to think I might start playing said games] of it not being absolute garbage in the evenings, and thought that maybe someone might have improved some lines - not so, apparently) I wondered just how shit shit was:

4518036491.png

/fume

Well, that answers that question. 8Mb line, gigabit router, and ^that's the result. Malcom, you son of a bitch, see ^this? This is why I want to print out your scoffing comments about our national networks in 9000 point font, on rusty iron, and shove it sideways up your arse.

http://www.gleems.com/376211/1950s-tail-fin-era-cars-which-still-turn-heads-today/?utm_source=outbrainROW&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=GleemsRow&utm_term=519549

This is where the 'net is headed. OK article but you have to click the arrow 9 times to get through it, and the useful content only occupies about 15% of each. webpage.

• Like 1

http://www.gleems.com/376211/1950s-tail-fin-era-cars-which-still-turn-heads-today/?utm_source=outbrainROW&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=GleemsRow&utm_term=519549

This is where the 'net is headed. OK article but you have to click the arrow 9 times to get through it, and the useful content only occupies about 15% of each. webpage.

Huh?

I think he is talking about the excessive use of sponsorship and advertising that fills the page up. Not only that it leaves sites open to malware ,keyloggers and phishing. And its going to get worse.

Oh, I didn't connect cars and the net....

And didn't notice the ads because I had adblock on. Tries it without adblock and it reminded me of the TV page in 'Idiocracy'.

Edited by Director

Looking through a previous main drive last night (probably decommissioned about 5 years ago) - I find the games folder with stuff I've not played in years.

So, copy Far Cry (the original) over. I know that it's one of those games that'll run fine if you just run off a "PC-rip" situation, though IIRC it would have problems with water rendering on ATI cards (I think).

Start the game up expecting hundreds of FPS. OK, fair enough the demo loop gets about 700+ but start the game and it's attrocious. bogs down to about 20 once there's more than a couple of enemies around.

Maybe I'll need to dig the CDs out and freshly install. The big problem though I doubt I'll find the patches, the game's barely worth installing without the AMD64 extra content pack that they brought out for it.

Hey disolusiond ! This one's for you :) ...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/owner-of-marcys-diner-in-portland-praised-for-yelling-at-screaming-child/story-fn93ypt9-1227451436397

" But Ms Neugebauer says she isn’t sorry.

“I might have used poor judgment. I wouldn’t say I was sorry because it stopped. When things stop, it’s usually a good thing.

“Life’s full of choices and you’ve got to live with all of them,” she said. “I chose to yell at a kid. It made her shut up, which made me happy. It made my staff happy, it made the other 75 people dining here happy and they left. They may never come back, and other people may not come in — their loss, really.”

While some social media users say they will boycott Marcy’s Diner, others have praised Ms Neugebauer for taking a stand."

Edited by eveln

Who screams at a 2 year old? Tell the parents to leave and move on. Coward.

Plenty of people. If you did read it the owner approached the couple after 40 minutes of the child crying. She gave them boxes

and asked them to take their food and child and go. Then, I think she yelled at the child to stop.

May be foolish behaviour but I don't think it cowardly. I consider the parents to be cowardly and uncaring of their child actually.

The child was crying because she hadn't been fed, and the owner decided that shouting at her to stop would be the best course of action. Not the neglectful parents, but a two year old that didn't know any better. She's a coward, and a cow for being proud of what she did. If she was observant enough to notice an unfed child, then sit down and feed her. That'd embarrass the fuck out of the parents, and she'd actually be worth acknowledging as a decent human being. Instead she chose to vent her frustrations at the most vulnerable person in the room.

And now the dirty thieving cunts are putting their soon to be increased by 50% GST on our internet orders over $20. And it looks like they managed to screw the AUD to head towards 60c. Well done fuckers.

The child was crying because she hadn't been fed, and the owner decided that shouting at her to stop would be the best course of action. Not the neglectful parents, but a two year old that didn't know any better. She's a coward, and a cow for being proud of what she did. If she was observant enough to notice an unfed child, then sit down and feed her. That'd embarrass the fuck out of the parents, and she'd actually be worth acknowledging as a decent human being. Instead she chose to vent her frustrations at the most vulnerable person in the room.

Who happened to be the one making the disturbance. The women was working the hot plate. The fact she was observant

enough to see the child wasn't being fed says a lot in a restaurant full of people.

What ever action the owner made the people were leaving, that's a given. The owner had no need to embarrass the parents or hurt

the child wilfully.

Her need was simply to make her restaurant more enjoyable for everyone in the quickest and promptest of manners.

I bet, had she come up to feed the child the parents would have told her off for interfering in their method of teaching the child

to feed herself. Because obviously, the fact the child had pancakes sitting in front of her, but was not being fed by the parents,

means the parents decided the child could cry till she was hungry enough to pick up the cutlery and feed herself.

This is all well and good in the privacy of ones own home. It is not all well and good in a public forum.

18 GIG on a work phone.

Is it any wonder this coworker got a stiff warning.

Must have been downloading movies.

P.s- The phone he has is an IPhone 6.

And now the dirty thieving cunts are putting their soon to be increased by 50% GST on our internet orders over $20. And it looks like they managed to screw the AUD to head towards 60c. Well done fuckers.

A low Aussie dollar can be a good thing :) As for the GST, I'm in the '10% on everything and compensate low income earners' camp. I think we need to understand that as more retail moves to the internet, government decreases unless they are taxed the same.

We have massive challenges in front of us when it comes to taxation. Absolutely everything should be on the table so that a holistic approach to the revenue problem can be devised.

That wont happen, but it's nice to dream. :)

The dollar somewhere in the 70c range is about right, any higher and as nice as it is for importing it messes with the core income of the country - exports.

I really do not have a problem with GST on internet purchases either but logistically it's not easy.

Cheers

The dollar somewhere in the 70c range is about right, any higher and as nice as it is for importing it messes with the core income of the country - exports.

I really do not have a problem with GST on internet purchases either but logistically it's not easy.

Cheers

Why should the government be able to profit from me buying stuff that I can't get locally?

They weren't going to get any money in the first place, and now they are. For them to piss away on the usual bullshit.

The GST applies to domestic internet purchases, that's always been the case since it's been around.

International - it'll probably never happen. To implement it properly you'd have to intercept every incoming mail package at customs, and there would be paperwork processing to go with every item.

It'd end up costing more to enforce than it raises.

The only people crying for it to come in are the likes of Gerry Harvey whose precious 75% markups aren't making him roll in cash like they used to.

The GST applies to domestic internet purchases, that's always been the case since it's been around.

International - it'll probably never happen. To implement it properly you'd have to intercept every incoming mail package at customs, and there would be paperwork processing to go with every item.

It'd end up costing more to enforce than it raises.

The only people crying for it to come in are the likes of Gerry Harvey whose precious 75% markups aren't making him roll in cash like they used to.

Huh?

So is the plan to start applying GST to LOCAL internet purchases only? I understood it to be ALL internet purchases local or otherwise. Pretty sure GST gets applied to local purchases already?

The thing Harvey and co was whining about is the small - medium overseas purchases. No GST applies there.

For local 'net purchases from warehouses, GST applies but they don't like it either (since they offer nice price due to lower overheads) but all they can do is try and compete. Hence many of the chain retailers offering online order + delivery, for what that's worth. Convenient if you live 2 hours drive away but for someone with a store closeby, sort of pointless as the delivery charge is usually at least 10 bucks.

Cheers

Why should the government be able to profit from me buying stuff that I can't get locally?

They weren't going to get any money in the first place, and now they are. For them to piss away on the usual bullshit.

Why should the government profit(?) from any purchase?

Because they need to raise money to fund little things like roads, hospitals and helicopter flights.

• Like 1