Caelum

What's on your mind?

Hey mate,

My advise on the new product, approach with extreme caution, turn EVERYTHING off, and turn on only what you need. The agents are a cunt to remove, and if you bugger up the policies this thing will kill SQL servers. It's patch management.... it needs a lot of work.

We sticking with the devil we know for now, but we're looking at a few other products, one shows a bit more promise. But we're having trouble trying to get management to figure out what the fuck they actually want out of it. But so it goes.

I know what you mean about the agents and their Ignite product. But I've already managed to get that sussed. I've already programmed around that on the test system we had.

I suppose it comes down to the product we're going to is awesome *IF* and only IF the person installing, configuring and pushing out the agents is a programmer that is super nerdy. IF so, it is SUPER customized.

BUT.. If you rely on defaults, you're in for a world of hurt..

In the 1 month I've had with just the trial, I've created two experimental plugins from scratch (programmed them up myself). Worked. Not brilliant. But worked...

However, Previous manged offering? "We want to do this!" DENIED! We don't support that product. Here's a third rate product we've recently purchased which you have to use if you want it as an MSP offering!

Don't get me started on Ninite with our previous offering. My god that was painful. Oh.. And AV integration? Sucks. Trust me on this. Rely on the AV's on management console. Not the managed offering's console. It is truly that bad at the moment. And by reports and postings on the forums. They don't give a toss about it. They're about expanding their product, rather than fixing their existing offering. (which is why we're leaving)

AD

Edited by AccessDenied

I know what you mean about the agents and their Ignite product. But I've already managed to get that sussed. I've already programmed around that on the test system we had.

The part about that that hurts is we have 20 exceptionally good devs in our company, but because of the way the company is structured and because of the way the project was handled, no one ever thought to engage their help.

Meanwhile, the pultry 10 or so servers that I do manage require my manual time and effort to do any proactive maintenance and keep a close eye any trending metrics that might be a concern.

My biggest issue with your platform was it really isn't user friendly or straight forward, at all, you have to take a lot of time to sit down and learn it. The devil we know, doesn't, it's pretty easy to pick up, it's just limited, and support is shit. But the core of what we do use it for it does exceptionally well.

I guess we just need to see what else is out there and not cock it up this time. As with many things, there was a lot of politics involved and the right people weren't involved.

How's business going for you in the Berra any how?

Business is expanding. Which is good..

I suppose that is true. The product we're going to and you came from could easily be screwed up. It could be horrendous and require a lot of effort if you just 'threw it at things and hoped for the best'. Where we came from was kind of worse though. Brace yourself. You're going to be spending many an hour fixing up the LUA's for this product. The just decide to stop working for no good reason. "Professional" support (Durkastan guys) will get it working again, but that may last anything from 1 day to 6 months.

If you have ANY say in ANYTHING at all. Do *NOT* for all that is holy or unholy, use this product for AV integration. Please trust me on this. Use the AV's Management console. Use the product to deploy. Certainly. But that's it. Once deployed, used the management console of the AV to do everything else... I am still, cleaning up the crap related to the MSP management of the AV about 4 months later. It reports uninstalled. Its not. IT's left so much legacy crap there. Oh god.. The pain.

AD

Drive the thing to get that 2.8 second time and your range drops to next to nothing.

The video proves nothing really. You need something at least resembling a real world situation to make a presentable argument.

Look at the fine print in any car ad that promotes it's fuel economy. It will state that the test has conformed to ADR 81/02 which is a design rule governing the calculation of city/country fuel economy figures (usually conducted on a rolling road in lab conditions but at least is a repeatable method with scientific validity and performed in a way to produce results which can be replicated in real conditions).

All I'm saying is that range and cost to run is one of many considerations when justifying the price. And really, for what this is, the price isn't too bad.

That's where these assist, with a suppressor.

Edited by A.S.Wolfe

Just thought i would let everyone know that my Facebook that was suspended has been resolved and my account was restored.

I want to thank everyone whom was trying to help me ,although i felt upset at times that is as far as i will take it.

What i had to do was above what i call Australian. I had to engage the services of a Federal MP ,to whom then put me in touch with the Director of Facebook Operations in Australia. Very nice person she is, she still cannot see why my account was suspended. And investigation in under way.

I also mentioned that when you sign up for Facebook you have to agree to the US Bill of Rights which is illegal. Same as with Twitter and any service coming out of the US. Same as you cannot force the Australian constitution on someone in US.

Anyhow for now the matter is over and closed hopefully.

Again thanks for everyone trying to help me.

I also mentioned that when you sign up for Facebook you have to agree to the US Bill of Rights which is illegal

TBH, Code, of all the many things to bitch about with fb, agreeing with the Bill of Rights has to be the most minor. Frankly, if there was just one thing from the US we could copy, I'd be pulling for that one.

Now, if you want to get fired up about legal agreements that you can only get to see by opening/installing the product, and open with the line "Opening/installing this product constitute consent to this agreement", then I might agree that you have a case.

• Like 1

nice day at the footy.

I do enjoy the relaxing ride to the city on the train. 45 minutes of people watching is always fun :)

Business is expanding. Which is good..

I suppose that is true. The product we're going to and you came from could easily be screwed up. It could be horrendous and require a lot of effort if you just 'threw it at things and hoped for the best'. Where we came from was kind of worse though. Brace yourself. You're going to be spending many an hour fixing up the LUA's for this product. The just decide to stop working for no good reason. "Professional" support (Durkastan guys) will get it working again, but that may last anything from 1 day to 6 months.

If you have ANY say in ANYTHING at all. Do *NOT* for all that is holy or unholy, use this product for AV integration. Please trust me on this. Use the AV's Management console. Use the product to deploy. Certainly. But that's it. Once deployed, used the management console of the AV to do everything else... I am still, cleaning up the crap related to the MSP management of the AV about 4 months later. It reports uninstalled. Its not. IT's left so much legacy crap there. Oh god.. The pain.

AD

Be interested to know what products you guys are discussing, seem to recall you mentioning Labtech a while back ?

We are going to be in the market for an MSP in a month or two, have been looking and not over-impressed with anything yet.

WOMM ?

Adelaide. Just been there for four days, a surprise visit for my mother's birthday, it's taken 20 odd years but I'm realising how much I like the place and how much I miss it.

Perhaps it is getting time to think about moving back.

Cheers

Just heard that Wes Craven died of Brain cancer ,his horror movie's where amongst the best.

• Like 1

You know what annoys me the way that Miley Cyrus is carrying on, like a S**T. And meanwhile all the other actors are stopping nude images of themselves on the internet from being shown.

Miley Cyrus is a cat that needs to be put down. Really some her outfits go beyond what you call respectable and such.

Note to eBay buyers - when checking out that seller's rating, actually dig a bit deeper.

Just had a Paypal claim found in my favour, the 'bargain $31 10" tablet' that I'd bought about a month ago never showed, seller never responded to messaging or marked the item as sent so I launched the claim process.

The digging deeper part - despite having 414 favourable transaction ratings on eBay, only 1 of them was as a seller.

Note to eBay buyers - when checking out that seller's rating, actually dig a bit deeper.

Just had a Paypal claim found in my favour, the 'bargain $31 10" tablet' that I'd bought about a month ago never showed, seller never responded to messaging or marked the item as sent so I launched the claim process.

The digging deeper part - despite having 414 favourable transaction ratings on eBay, only 1 of them was as a seller.

You should read WHingepool ,lots of those scams going around. But remember the buyer always has the right to claim his money back ,so your claim will be successful.

You know what annoys me the way that Miley Cyrus is carrying on, like a S**T. And meanwhile all the other actors are stopping nude images of themselves on the internet from being shown.

Miley Cyrus is a cat that needs to be put down. Really some her outfits go beyond what you call respectable and such.

You know what annoys me?

Old codgers who have nothing better to do than slut shame a woman because oh oh I can see her bare skin and we're not in the 50s any more and it frightens me.

I'm not a fan of her wardrobe, but to say she should be put down? The hell is wrong with you?

• Like 4

Big Fire in Adelaide CBD ,a new Hotel is on Fire the Roof has collapsed and a building next door is on fire too. Its between Hindley Street and Currie Street on Bank Street. Apparently the building that caught fire was a Kung Fu Academy ,maybe that why i can smell incense outside.

I used to work in Currie Street, twice in fact, 70s - know exactly where you mean, in fact I was sort of across the road from there a few days ago, had a meal at Jamie's Italian on the corner of King William to celebrate my mother's birthday, surprise visit, she survived it :)

Cheers

• Like 1

OOooOOoo! Looks like we're in for fun times: A huge coalition of IT Names has formed up to make The Next Big Thing in movie formats.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/09/01/amazon-netflix-google-microsoft-mozilla-and-others-partner-to-create-next-gen-video-format/#.5q9ur7:pXIO

Amazon, Cisco, Google, Intel, Microsoft, Mozilla and Netflix today announced that they have formed a new open source alliance — the Alliance for Open Media — with the goal of developing the next generation of royalty-free video formats, codecs and other related technologies.

That will put a few noses out of joint.

• Like 4

Never ceases to amaze me how baldly greedy and dishonest some people are - and they seem to be disproportionally the rich ones. Meanwhile, there are people ding it tough diddling themselves out of some assistance they're actually eligible for because they feel bad about taking handouts from the government.

Never ceases to amaze me how baldly greedy and dishonest some people are - and they seem to be disproportionally the rich ones. Meanwhile, there are people ding it tough diddling themselves out of some assistance they're actually eligible for because they feel bad about taking handouts from the government.

Geez Cybes ... you know the mining boys are doing it tough just now !

Bu seriously, it's a lot of years to be getting away with that much mula . Somebody wasn't doing their job too well.