Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

:)

It does go a BIT further than that. The ranchers facing some additional jail time don't want anything to do with this militia action, whilst they made an objection to the land seizure years back and were found guilty of arson when it is pretty apparent they were doing some sensible burn-offs on disputed land that they were probably looking after better than the Feds they are ready to turn themselves in. Given the likelihood of a Waco type escalation with some of the players who have rolled up to Oregon their stance is sensible and likely to assist them in getting pardons.

The crap about covering poaching is just that, crap, however a cynic might just question other cover-ups of mary jane growing - that area was the subject of an interesting book a few decades back on just how far the Feds were willing to go to stop grass plantations. In the convoluted mess that is the US and in a not very important State far from DC that just happens to have good pot growing conditions and big open areas to do so and with a plentiful market entirely surrounding the "alleged" plantations the Feebees played very fast and loose with National Guard asserts to find the plantations and quite a lot of people were hurt in the process, on both sides.

When the dust all settled the Land Management agency sort of appeared, it is hardly an area that needs that, if you have ever seen Oregon you'd understand, but the Hoover dust mites seem to want to keep on keeping on... I very much doubt it is the same FeeBee but the dirt sticks :)

It's never simple, Feebee versus ex-mil rednecks, that has caused more than one tragedy in the US.

Cheers

Kind of sound like the crown land issue in Aussie where they now charge Shack owners for Beach properties unless they move back 1km from the Ocean Water edge.

Great Money grab on land owned by the Commonwealth.

You can't just build something on land you don't own and expect to have exclusive use and not be charged to occupy land.

If it was up to me, nobody would be allowed to own or block access to any land within 200 metres of ocean/harbour frontage or 50 metres of estuary or inland waterway.

You can't just build something on land you don't own and expect to have exclusive use and not be charged to occupy land.

If it was up to me, nobody would be allowed to own or block access to any land within 200 metres of ocean/harbour frontage or 50 metres of estuary or inland waterway.

Depends who owns the land I guess?

Is is private or public?

If it's public land then you'd think it would be available for the public to use.

The government as a separate entity does not 'own' public assets. Doesn't stop them from acting like they do though.

Bastards finally got me sick. Hope they enjoy the place being a wreck since they don't do shit.

Ohhh ... the honeymoon over so quickly :P~~

I'm sorry the dirty bastards made you sick, but you were warned about the rest of your remark :)

hint : if you share a dwelling with three or more people, then sit ye all down at your round table, with a few drinks or what ever

chills you all out, and design a rotational household chores roster.

The more chilled you all are when designing this roster the better.

And in the cold light of the next sober day the words are there in black and white and must be abided. Under threat of

a person choosing to leave and making the others pay more rent to stay there ...

Waaay back in the dark ages I shared a house with three others. We had the funniest session organising the duties list.

Took hours to do but it was a hoot, and more to the point the roster stuck. And our dwelling kept us healthy and allowed us

to have people round with out them feeling as though it was time for their booster shots.

So if your friends are basically good honest people who just happen to be lazy shits, then I suggest you try a roster.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-05/oregon-occupiers-acting-in-protest-of-government-reach/7067610

So there are some folk in the USof A who want their government bodies to take a big step backwards ...

"Mr Bundy is the son of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, whose family staged a 2014 armed protest against federal

land management officials that ended with authorities backing down, citing safety concerns.

The Bundy ranch standoff in 2014 drew hundreds of armed protesters after the Bureau of Land Management sought

to seize Mr Bundy's cattle because he refused to pay grazing fees.

Federal agents backed down in the face of large numbers of armed protesters and returned hundreds of cattle.

Jon Ritzheimer, a Marine Corps veteran who travelled from his home in Phoenix to take part in the occupation,

said he and his companions were "trying to restore this land to the people."

... more in link.

Got to wander how sympathetic the Indians will be feeling here

Old news?

Um, maybe the bit I quoted is, but there's a new um, get together happening.

The bit I quoted was giving some history.

• Like 1

PMSL. In the 1980s the WIndies were an almost unbeatable force. The likes of Viv Richards, Joel Garner, Michael Holding, Malcolm Marshall, Clive Lloyd - forces of nature.

Once Greg Chappell, Rod Marsh and Dennis Lillie had retired in quick succession they became a large part of the reason the Australian team was demoralized for the few years before Allan Border came along and gave them the shakeup they needed.

But now all the kiddies want to play basketball, cricket is practically forgotten.

Edited by Rybags

Shit, fuck. I want some of that efficient living where you get things done effectively like productive people.

Down ranked in cs go how will I live with myself now my epeen is lower :(

Wouldn't the epeen be higher if it wasn't shorter?

If the epeen was lower it would mean it was larger.

Also I'm wondering the exact resources I've wasted in putting any thought into this.

Shit, fuck. I want some of that efficient living where you get things done effectively like productive people.

1) get notepad.

2) write list of things to do on notepad

3) look at notepad, do things written there

Seems like Dick Smith is furious over the way customers cannot get deposits refunded or vouchers honored by the Administrators Ferrier Hodgkins. Seems like they more interested in propping up the NZ side of DSE than the Aussie side. Which has left Dick Smith fuming that his name is being abused.

Seems like Dick Smith is furious over the way customers cannot get deposits refunded or vouchers honored by the Administrators Ferrier Hodgkins. Seems like they more interested in propping up the NZ side of DSE than the Aussie side. Which has left Dick Smith fuming that his name is being abused.

I'm still grappling with just HOW they can dishonour gift cards, it flies in the face of the law.

I'd expect the ACCC to become involved very soon.

Dick hasn't had a thing to do with the business in decades but it is still his name, I don't blame him for being furious.

AS for the receivers favoring the NZ part of the business it is solvent, that sadly is pure common business sense.

Cheers

Dick Smith sold his business to woolies who sold it to private venture IPO for 94 million. The IPO floated DSE for 520 million, so it seems the venture capitalists racked up all the debt.

Edited by Jeruselem

An IPO almost bought QANTAS, it was blocked. I'm glad it was blocked still.

Strange as Air New Zealand bought Ansett and sent it too the ground ,and again NZ doing it again to DSE. WTF is Australia doing allowing Foreign companies to run businesses into ground as Australians expense.

If Australia was smart they would force foreign owners to put %50 bond up to be held in a trust fund and then those funds could be used with high tax on them returning funds into Australia economy. So if Business goes bust Australia gets first dibs in any disputes or bad credit ,like Gift Vouchers and Deposits on products.

If DSE go broke, there's alternatives. If QANTAS go broke, Australia is in trouble because ... we still need them!

Edited by Jeruselem

An IPO almost bought QANTAS, it was blocked. I'm glad it was blocked still.

Strange as Air New Zealand bought Ansett and sent it too the ground ,and again NZ doing it again to DSE. WTF is Australia doing allowing Foreign companies to run businesses into ground as Australians expense.

If Australia was smart they would force foreign owners to put %50 bond up to be held in a trust fund and then those funds could be used with high tax on them returning funds into Australia economy. So if Business goes bust Australia gets first dibs in any disputes or bad credit ,like Gift Vouchers and Deposits on products.

Won't happen with this government! They'll bend over backwards to comply with their corporate masters.

Just installed a SATA 3 card into my Xeon machine (PCIe 2.0 x1 slot @ 500 Meg/sec). Nice improvement over Sata 2 in benches, getting an improvement of about 100 Meg/sec for reads, writes only up by about 10 Meg but every bit counts.

Also arrived today, Magsafe PS for Macbook. The Macbook 2.1 I have works OK but is reporting no battery present at all. Core2Duo 2.13 GHz machine.

Will give the Macbook Pro a try later on - it needs a bit of surgery first up though, reconnect some stuff to the motherboard etc.

Ansett was headed for bad times when Air NZ bought them. The problem was the airline, old aircraft was just a good candidate to be used for tax reduction purposes. Needed a fleet refresh but got bugger-all.