Caelum

What's on your mind?

I wouldn't call it a loss to the owner. Looks like he gets standard severance plus the whitegoods which prettywell mean they could readvertise for about $20 a week more rent.

The owner owns 5 other apartments in the complex and he has steadily been furnishing them to get higher quality tenants in these apartments. These apartments have the best security in them i have seen. Yes the owner has come out this better than what he expected at my loss. I accepted the loss and just want to move on ,i may try renting another property next year may be in Cairns or Rockhampton knowing now about my limitations living in a regional city like Gladstone is not fit for me.

I learned a lot and can use that knowledge in my future. Next time i get furniture from a dry run on a pc simulation and before i move to see if it can be done.

Maybe it's a trade off? The further we get away from centralisation the rat race the more we have to give up in terms of convenience. Relative peace and quiet come with a price.

• Like 2

There's always Darwin code but when it's hot ... it's **** hot.

Rental places in Darwin are few and expensive

its called crème fraîche, as in "fresh" cream, and yet its sour and hence pretty much not fresh.

dirty bastards.

its called crème fraîche, as in "fresh" cream, and yet its sour and hence pretty much not fresh.

dirty bastards.

:)

Well, it is deliberately soured rather than left to go sour, delicious in some dishes though ;)

Cheers

Damn digital scales been haunting me all day. I weighed in at 89.5 yesterday just before i had a shower ,this morning weighed at 88.9. Then after i put my clothes on and 2 hours later i am 88.5 ,it really spooks me. Geez it spooks me really bad why lose weight so fast. I know i am not getting much sleep feel so dehydrated at night. Only thing wiki says is internal bleeding is the cause. Yet i am drinking plenty of fluids.

I don't know why people freak out over shit like that.

Whatever clothes and shoes you have on will make it vary by up to 2kg or even more.

Drink a bottle of soft drink and some water, have some food and there's an easy kilogram.

Drop some friends off at the pool, there's half a kilogram gone.

Get dehydrated, that can be an easy couple of kg lost.

Yes, you are like mostly water anyway. So if you're dehydrated, you lose weight and put it back on when you drink lots of water.

Weight obsession is just that.

In the days when I flew fast jets on an extended mission it was not at all unusual to sweat off 3kgs, couple of beers and you are on the way to putting it back ;)

Cheers

Weight obsession is just that.

In the days when I flew fast jets on an extended mission it was not at all unusual to sweat off 3kgs, couple of beers and you are on the way to putting it back ;)

Cheers

But i am freezing my nuts off in Adelaide.

Might try putting scales on hot concrete when it gets warm and see what happens.

What's temperature got to do with what they'll read?

I've got some electronic scales - the thing I've found is they're real sensitive to surface, I'll get completely different reading on carpet, sloped tile, hard kitchen. The one to trust is a hard non-curved surface.

Actually, they're also sensitive as to how you stand on them. Variation up to about 1.5kg just for that.

Probably explains why they were in HN at $9.95 discounted from $39.95.

• Like 1

:) I THINK we have some scales for weighing humans around here somewhere, don't remember when I last stood on some at home.

My doc weighs me once a year or so, put on a few kgs from quitting the smokes, but still within reasonable parameters.

Only digital scales I have are for the few times something I'm cooking needs some finesse, like bread :)

Temperature won't really have any impact, the point I was making was that you sweat a lot flying fast jets, so in that respect I see where you are coming from - too cold to sweat but over the course of a day your weight will vary quite apart from what Ry has to say about the scales sensitivity.

Cheers

• Like 1

So.. The UK is going back to Girl Powah

Maggie Thatcher?

WTF? Is it open season on black guys ATM?

Between

Theresa (Dis)May

or

Andrea Leadsom

Oh. AND.. The song "tell me what ya want, what ya really really want" is supposed to be getting re-released !!

Heh,

After the last few males in the PM role it might be an improvement.

I dunno about open season on black guys but it sure is on cops in Dallas at the moment.

That country is verging on anarchy, it seriously is...

Cheers

The number of people killed by trigger happy police in the USA is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Heh,

After the last few males in the PM role it might be an improvement.

I dunno about open season on black guys but it sure is on cops in Dallas at the moment.

That country is verging on anarchy, it seriously is...

Cheers

What did the idiots think was going to happen? You can't go around murdering people for no reason and not expect some blowback.

Hmm,

But it didn't happen in Dallas - that's actually a pretty black friendly town - crazy, just crazy...

Cheers

Hmm,

But it didn't happen in Dallas - that's actually a pretty black friendly town - crazy, just crazy...

Cheers

You think that matters? Random dead black people, random retaliatory strikes. A civil war might be advantageous to some people over there, and FEMA and HS has to do something with all that ammo they've been stockpiling for the last couple of years. Watch this space.

Hmm,

Cheers

You think that matters? Random dead black people, random retaliatory strikes. A civil war might be advantageous to some people over there, and FEMA and HS has to do something with all that ammo they've been stockpiling for the last couple of years. Watch this space.

From the point of view that it was an organised attack of snipers shooting cops, yeah, I think it does matter where it happened.

US cops do have a very difficult job but some of these shootings the past year or two have been verging on atrocities.

Cheers