Caelum

What's on your mind?

UPS goes and takes out an attached switch with it ...

Heh,

I do sometimes wonder about UPS' seen that happen before now even with the so-called good ones :)

WOMM ?

I give up with the ATO... Bunch of automated morons.

I get three letters today, two telling me that per my correspondence they have cancelled my business ABN, well, one of them, and nothing further needs to be done, the third letter threatens me with legal action over that non-trading business that I asked them to close.... I dunno why they sent the same letter twice - our tax dollars at work...

I am trying to decide how much dripping sarcasm I can put into a reply although from a conversation with some fuckwit from there, who barely spoke English, they don't read their mail anyway...

Somebody have a clue why we pay these fucking morons?

The broadside that they have supplied the ammunition for will most likely result in one of those "under the circumstances" letters......

Fucking pathetic morons...

Cheers

The first article I saw on Italy had about thirty five as the number dead. That is a horror for the families' and others connected. What's happening

now is just ... too too much :|

Hmm...

I have not really slept since Friday - not good, one of my oldest friends was found dead that morning.

He had told us all he had a cancer diagnosis then he told us all he was in remission - seems he lied so we would not get worried...

Another friend found him, rather bizarre, he was lying on his porch couch, lived on a pier in Venice Beach, he often slept out there so the friend thought nothing of it and went and made two cups of coffee, only to come back and find only one was needed...

I'd known him well over forty years, had rather a lot of adventures together, I'm still trying to comprehend a world that doesn't have him in it any more...

This getting old and losing people thing is just not fun...

Cheers

• Like 1

Hate it when you injure yourself doing something mundane. Especially when you're going to a place where you're more likely to injure yourself.

On way to kungfu class. Nearly there. Walking up stairs to the room we train in. Pulled a muscle in my back walking up the damn stairs.

*sigh*

AD

Hmm...

I have not really slept since Friday - not good, one of my oldest friends was found dead that morning.

He had told us all he had a cancer diagnosis then he told us all he was in remission - seems he lied so we would not get worried...

Another friend found him, rather bizarre, he was lying on his porch couch, lived on a pier in Venice Beach, he often slept out there so the friend thought nothing of it and went and made two cups of coffee, only to come back and find only one was needed...

I'd known him well over forty years, had rather a lot of adventures together, I'm still trying to comprehend a world that doesn't have him in it any more...

This getting old and losing people thing is just not fun...

Cheers

Yeah lost a few now as well. A lot of my older clients seem to spend most of their time at funerals and I have a gay mate who's been to over 2000 of them.

Edited by Director

Geez - I guess I've been to a dozen - usually they seem to die too far away for me to get there...

Cheers

Younger sister had a kidney removed due to cancer in it, she only told us when it was removed and not when the cancer was found.

She got her money's worth from the private health system.

This mortality business is pretty scary

What's with soap these days? I thought I was going through it at an unreasonable rate so I noted when I last started a bar.

Threw the flimsy last bit out earlier - grand total of 9 showers from a bar of soap. WTF. I'm sure they used to last a good deal longer than that, like double or more.

What's with soap these days? I thought I was going through it at an unreasonable rate so I noted when I last started a bar.

Threw the flimsy last bit out earlier - grand total of 9 showers from a bar of soap. WTF. I'm sure they used to last a good deal longer than that, like double or more.

Um....

I don't recall the last time I bought soap... Try body wash, there is most always one on special and it washes away a lot cleaner and a bottle lasts ages.

I'm really not allergic to much but quite a lot of years ago I was staying in a nice hotel in Darling Harbour and they only had soap, usually you get a choice, and the soap was Imperial Leather.

I was not thinking, tired, just in from LA, forgot that stuff and I do not get on - had a shower, woke up with a very irritating rash, hotel doc gave me a steroid jab, don't like that stuff in my system much either but it stopped the itching - I am not much of a fan of bar soap...

Cheers

Looks like Big Soap™ got you too.

Um....

I don't recall the last time I bought soap... Try body wash, there is most always one on special and it washes away a lot cleaner and a bottle lasts ages.

Cheers

+1 to the above.

We choose a litre bottle from the chemist, " sebamed" to be more precise. It's a bit under thirty dollars but will last us both

for more than two months, might even be three. No idea of the current cost of bars of soap, we've been using this stuff for well

over a year to date, I think.

The trick is a cotton face washer with just a squirt and stand out from the shower / bath to soap up. It works well. No strong perfume.

And good for overly sensitive or dry skin. ...not bad as a shampoo either.

We came to it after having issues with our previously favoured bars of soap still being far too irritable for our delicate and drying skin ;)

Edited by eveln

I've been using liquid soap @ the basin for a few years but not much of a fan of liquid for showers. Have a few of them around but only really use when I go away.

Use a face washer as it is for the obvious reason of it being faster and easier. I imagine too that it would give a saving on soap.

I've got some Palmolive stuff (Gold?) which I'll start off tomorrow and see how that goes. I get the feeling it lasts a little bit longer.

I also seem to remember the Imperial Leather sometimes seeming to last forever, haven't bought it in a while though.

Edited by Rybags

So that girl ended up cutting me off. Usual "focus on my career, let's be friends" spiel. Oh well, I guess I'll have more time to polish this banhammer. It's getting a bit rusty :P

Pretty common food source in the Arctic regions. Problem is they're probably spoiled already, if you intend to eat an animal you should gut it pretty quickly. With lightning strike, all sorts of internal damage could have occurred.

"Focus on my career" - that's a new one. I suppose at least it bolsters the credibility of the lame excuse a tad.

Banhammer? I was considering petitioning to get Codecreeper back to help clear out the tumbleweeds.

"Focus on my career" - that's a new one. I suppose at least it bolsters the credibility of the lame excuse a tad.

Banhammer? I was considering petitioning to get Codecreeper back to help clear out the tumbleweeds.

I mean, there's probably some truth in that. But I suspect there's a bigger, more truer truth. Oh well.

I was told a while back to leave them out of the packet for a few weeks before you use them. Apparently dries them out a little more and they don't disappear as quick.

Never done any testing to see if that was a legit theory.

This particular one was the last in a cardboard box of 5, which was opened for some weeks in the cupboard, though cold/humid this time of year.

9 showers?! Fuck, that is a bit rich.

What soap do you use?

I use these ones. Seem to last a hell of a lot longer than 9 showers, though I have never counted.

236128.jpg

Country Life - White Fresh Linen Soap in this case. I've found similar with the lavender one from them too.

Might just be some brands... I keep away from the $$$ ones, like Dove is supposedly good soap but lasts probably even less uses.

My missus likes the Dove stuff. She's got really sensitive skin and she reckons it helps.

What has become of us? Next we will be discussing what perfume we wear and manscaping.

"Well, I maintain a Brazillian runway, and regularly wax the scrote, base of the shaft and 'taint!"

So much for "spring has sprung". Every chance it'll get over 20 today, then it looks like rain starting tonight and lasting a week.