Caelum

What's on your mind?

Why do you ask? Being pantsless is a prerequisite for green room posting.

fantastic.... i'm doing this right!

also, i think the 32+ degree weather outside has melted my pants....

quick run around the garden with the mower, wash the bbq, sunny weather.

AWESOME!

Is the garden fenced in or do you keep the mower on a leash?

quick run around the garden with the mower, wash the bbq, sunny weather.

AWESOME!

I cleaned my car. Got a bit carried away and Armouralled the interior, foamed the tyres, and detailed the rims too.

Unprecedented cleanliness.

--edit-- Nek minit bee shit everywhere. Fucking yellow spots.

Edited by Takoma

Fridays are nice when they actually mean what they used to mean again.

I hate it when people plan what's happening on the weekends without any consideration about my thoughts regarding it.

I'm over it.

My mother dearest...

It's getting frustrating not knowing how sick she really is. All we really know now is that chemo will start ASAP, and all we do know is this treatment won't be fucking around, it's going to be rough, followed by a rough dosage of radiation therapy.

I for some reason just feel she will live for many many years more. Fucked up as it sounds, I am preparing myself for a hard truth, because I'm getting older and this is just a part of life. But, everyone, I know, some day, will die. I can only be so pragmatic about that fact. I guess, so far, despite the people I've loved whom I've already lost, something about them dieing hasn't bothered me, I just miss them. One day though, I'll start to lose certain people, and that loss will be harder to bear than previously ever felt or though possible.

I still believe we have unhealthy attitudes towards death in the west, however. If anything, let it inspire us to make the most of our finite time in this universe. Whether we affect the lives of many, or just a few, may well one day realise happiness isn't the end goal or destination, merely the method of transport on our journey through life, however long that may be, where ever it takes us in the end.

Any how, that my late night drunk WYOM rant for the night.

It's getting frustrating not knowing how sick she really is. All we really know now is that chemo will start ASAP, and all we do know is this treatment won't be fucking around, it's going to be rough, followed by a rough dosage of radiation therapy.

In case I haven't said it before, all my best for you both. It will probably be harder for you than her - the patient just does a lot waiting and then feels really ill. The family worries themselves stupid; losing sleep and eating badly.

Things which may make her life more bearable in the next little while:

- Develop a taste for ginger. 'Naked', crystalised, or beer - in rapidly decreasing order of effectiveness. Don't bother with dry ginger ale. Dunno about the alcoholic versions, but I imagine they'd not be kind to the stomach.

- Bananas and strawberries are brilliant.

- Liquorice. Bit iffy on this one, but I craved it - possibly it was the potassium, or possibly because it helps the bowels move and the chemo may well kill of all her gut flora.

Thanks everyone.

Hahaha there may be more of these drunken rants to come over the next few months... Which leads me to my next though, and I'm not complaining, but what kind employer gives their employees an open bar tab at Galactic Circus? I think I ended up drinking them out of Cognac in the end.

An awesome employer, that's who.

three grand speakers ruined because of a fucking cat. im actually going to put the thing in a bag and set it on fire

Fuck dude....

Did the stupid cat have a scratching post or did it just prefer your speakers? But yeah, if it can't be controlled then I'm pretty sure the RSPCA has one of those big blue bins that you can drop unwanted cats in.

three grand speakers ruined because of a fucking cat. im actually going to put the thing in a bag and set it on fire

Fuck you, if you don't discipline the cat or cat proof the room the speakers are in and you have an indoor cat, it's your fault.

I hate it when people plan what's happening on the weekends without any consideration about my thoughts regarding it.

I'm over it.

Then find different friends.

My mother dearest...

All the best for dealing with the treatment, you're right that it will be rough. In fact it will be fucking horrible to watch the side effects of the treatment. Fingers crossed for her.

i smell of animal excrement.... damn you science! the crap i have to put up with to advance mankind's understanding of the world around us!

A rough time MrF, hope all goes well, my mother was diagnosed with lymphatic leukaemia this year, at 81 her doc figures she should last to about 120.. she's just on plasma.

How so ruined BFM?

Most speaker damage can be repaired for a fraction of the cost of replacement, in some case can even turn out better, I have to re-cone my old speakers, actually re-foam, soon, only a few dollars. It's the way with good speakers, the price asked is not reflected in the cost of the components.

Cheers

Hope it goes as well as it can Mr Friendly!

What's on my mind?

Sleep.

And food.

Worked 12 hours yesterday, got home at 11pm, started today at 6am for a breakfast function for 50, worked until 10:30 tonight, 16 hours today or something :s

ugh!

I better sleep, work tomorrow weee