Caelum

What's on your mind?

Hope it goes as well as it can Mr Friendly!

What's on my mind?

Sleep.

And food.

Worked 12 hours yesterday, got home at 11pm, started today at 6am for a breakfast function for 50, worked until 10:30 tonight, 16 hours today or something :s

ugh!

I better sleep, work tomorrow weee

You work too much dude. Need more time out for beer.

three grand speakers ruined because of a fucking cat. im actually going to put the thing in a bag and set it on fire

Fuck you, if you don't discipline the cat or cat proof the room the speakers are in and you have an indoor cat, it's your fault.

Fuck me?

Fuck you. The cat is a cunt. It gets discipline, it has toys, it has scratching posts, it has a toddler that plays with it majority of the day, it gets stimulation. Its just a cunt. Its a fucking cat, they are all cunts. But hey, lets just draw conclusions because stereotyping shit is fun. So yeah, fuck you.

As for how ruined chris, punctures/tears through the cones (kevlar fwiw), torn rubbers, and a punctured tweeter. Ill give the manufacturer a call on monday and see what drivers they use and see if i can source some replacements.

Yay, I get to spend my summer analysing electrical circuits which have zero relevance to my degree...

Professional practicum, or just doing it for the money?

Things which may make her life more bearable in the next little while:

- Develop a taste for ginger. 'Naked', crystalised, or beer - in rapidly decreasing order of effectiveness. Don't bother with dry ginger ale. Dunno about the alcoholic versions, but I imagine they'd not be kind to the stomach.

- Bananas and strawberries are brilliant.

- Liquorice. Bit iffy on this one, but I craved it - possibly it was the potassium, or possibly because it helps the bowels move and the chemo may well kill of all her gut flora.

Ginger, Licorice (liquorice? I don't know which is correct - possible Americanism?), peppermint, lemon, milk are all traditional things that help reflux and heartburn. So yeah, these are definitely recommended.

I practically always have peppermints and gum on me.

Yay, I get to spend my summer analysing electrical circuits which have zero relevance to my degree...

Nah, summer course, which means I get to pay 1k for the privilege.

Nah, summer course, which means I get to pay 1k for the privilege.

Sounds like fun to me :P What type of circuits?

Rob.

Sounds like fun to me :P What type of circuits?

Rob.

Of the analogue variety. Course outline.

It annoys me that ELEC2134 is a prereq for ELEC2133. The numbers go the wrong way.

Rob.

three grand speakers ruined because of a fucking cat. im actually going to put the thing in a bag and set it on fire

Fuck you, if you don't discipline the cat or cat proof the room the speakers are in and you have an indoor cat, it's your fault.

Fuck me?

Fuck you. The cat is a cunt. It gets discipline, it has toys, it has scratching posts, it has a toddler that plays with it majority of the day, it gets stimulation. Its just a cunt. Its a fucking cat, they are all cunts. But hey, lets just draw conclusions because stereotyping shit is fun. So yeah, fuck you.

As for how ruined chris, punctures/tears through the cones (kevlar fwiw), torn rubbers, and a punctured tweeter. Ill give the manufacturer a call on monday and see what drivers they use and see if i can source some replacements.

Damn, that's significant damage, especially as with speakers worth that much you will want to replace in pairs.

Ripping into kevlar cones makes them pretty much irreparable, tweeter maybe not, if its just the cover, otherwise tweeters are not too expensive.

The rubbers, well its down in the noise (pardon the pun) compared to the cones.

The good news is still that replacements will be a fraction of the cost of the speakers themselves and that very, very few manufacturers make their own drivers so you should be able to source off-the-shelf replacements. In that regard I'm glad they are conventional speakers, electrostatics and ribbons, whilst repairable are much more fiddly. I once had a cat claw a pair of Quad electrostatics, that was a project to repair.

What brand/model are they anyway? When I sold audio I seemed to sell a lot of Gale 301s to cat owners, sometimes wonder why I didn't get some myself, for those who don't know they had a pierced metal grill, and sounded good :)

If there is an upside when you have the drivers out see if you can improve things inside the cabinets, it's amazing how even very expensive speakers are often not caulked well at the joins, are skimpy on acoustic wool filling, if ported do not seal the port properly at its edges, and the solder joints on crossovers are often crap. Worst sin is terminations using slide lugs, they are not gas tight and corrode, soldering is much better, preferably with good silver solder which RS carry.

Good luck, worth checking to see if an insurance claim is worth it as well :)

Cheers

Could also be worth a warranty claim.

"Oh, I just tried to play some Andre Rieu through them and look what happened. I want my money back."

This girl is an enigma. She *seems* interested but is that just me being intoxicated with wishful thinking and seeing what I want to see? And do I really want to torture myself trying to find out?

Could also be worth a warranty claim.

"Oh, I just tried to play some Andre Rieu through them and look what happened. I want my money back."

Sorry, the warranty specifically states it does not cover Andre Rieu

:)

Could be worse, could be Bieber that's definitely excluded :)

Cheers

:)

Could be worse, could be Bieber that's definitely excluded :)

Cheers

I don't see how that's worse. Either is a crime against music. ;P

Sort of a pity it's Monday really. Be quite happy to continue the weekend vibe a bit longer...

Sort of a pity it's Monday really. Be quite happy to continue the weekend vibe a bit longer...

Very much a pity it's Monday, I've got too much to do at home. :)

I'm not! My weekend went very downhill :P

I'll be saying that at the end of next weekend, but for the moment I'm just waiting eagerly for 6pm Friday evening to roll around.

Kinda wish my life was better than what it is now. I am always overstressed and sick as a dog.

Then do something different. :)

Kinda wish my life was better than what it is now. I am always overstressed and sick as a dog.

Then do something different. :)

QFT.