Caelum

What's on your mind?

Gee my ancient nexus player gets android 8 but still waiting for my shield tablet to get 7.1. Bloody android

can't be that ancient if it's getting 8, can it ?

i just put oreo on the xperia sp i inherited from my daughter, and i like it (once i solder on the new sim card slot :) )

we don't need no steenkin' stock roms

Gee my ancient nexus player gets android 8 but still waiting for my shield tablet to get 7.1. Bloody android

can't be that ancient if it's getting 8, can it ?

i just put oreo on the xperia sp i inherited from my daughter, and i like it (once i solder on the new sim card slot :) )

we don't need no steenkin' stock roms

I dont want to brick my NVidia shield k1 as yet.

They don't really know, the weather there is awful at the moment and sonar can be difficult to interpret in such conditions.

Half the world including the American deep sea rescue folks are looking for that sub it seems but with the passing of time I regret to say it is probably on the bottom with everybody lost.

Submarines, never have liked the things...

Cheers

more likely imploded at depth

but either way, i'm with chris... the whole idea of being in one of those things is unappealing

but either way, i'm with chris... the whole idea of being in one of those things is unappealing

Yeah, you pretty will die in one of those things when something goes wrong. The U boats in WW2 were like death traps.

Hmm,

Not sure the ocean is deep enough there, could be wrong.

I actually built the training network for the Collins here on Garden Island, it's sort of why I'm in W.A., one time they took me inside a new build, on land, two minutes and this claustrophobic wanted out.

My friends sometimes get confused because I'll happily strap into a jet which I suppose could be thought of as claustrophobic but I can see out, I'm sitting on an escape seat and I'm typically alone.

I think the last is what matters the most - don't like sharing confined spaces with other people :)

Cheers

At least the air, you can kinda parachute out if you can. In the sea, well ... yes ... it's your grave.

Fark... they just more than doubled Pistorius' sentence from 6 to 13 years (appeal lodged by the state).

Yeah, they can jam their subs though I'd not mind something like a brief scenic underwater type though keep the fucken tourists away as well.

On the other hand they can also jam their airborne buzzboxes like the Fokker Fellowship and the like.

Fark... they just more than doubled Pistorius' sentence from 6 to 13 years (appeal lodged by the state).

Yeah, they can jam their subs though I'd not mind something like a brief scenic underwater type though keep the fucken tourists away as well.

On the other hand they can also jam their airborne buzzboxes like the Fokker Fellowship and the like.

Yeah I was a bit stunned by his original sentence, even this seems light for murder.

We do, or did, have a scenic submarine over here that ran to Rotnest -took my kids on it once one of them is like me, fear of confined spaces, they were basically running at surface depth anyway so just took here up on deck for fresh air, it was stifling in there as well.

I think you are probably thinking on the F-27 Friendship, turboprop and yes a bit noisy. The F-28 is the Fellowship, rear engine twin jet, flew one a few years ago, pretty quiet I thought, but I was up front :)

Cheers

I think tourist submarines don't go very deep but military ones kinda have to so them tourist ones are probably more survivable.

Most if not all modern military submarines can deep dive to around 1000 feet, scenic subs are more like glass bottomed boats when you get down to it, they cruise along just below or even on the surface.

Cheers

Really guys. No, not due to lack of maintenance & that's a ridiculous statement for the media to make with no information (not a direct dig at you Jerusalem). Also, splitting the hull for mid life refit as has been mentioned around the place is normal procedure, hell *we* do it. Also, I'd question some people's involvement in certain aspects as usual.

Me? Ex O-Boat Submariner (Ovens), maintenance design engineer (ADO, specifically aerospace) & current training contractor to COLSPO (WA).

• Like 1

Really guys. No, not due to lack of maintenance & that's a ridiculous statement for the media to make with no information (not a direct dig at you Jerusalem). Also, splitting the hull for mid life refit as has been mentioned around the place is normal procedure, hell *we* do it. Also, I'd question some people's involvement in certain aspects as usual.

Me? Ex O-Boat Submariner (Ovens), maintenance design engineer (ADO, specifically aerospace) & current training contractor to COLSPO (WA).

:)

I would not know with submarines See, the network I built for Collins training was agnostic but I think I've seen Ovens a couple of times in the past, I'd imagine she is long retired now.

The only submarine that have felt vaguely comfortable on was an LA class US attack boat, like everything American it was huge, but even a half hour in there was starting to push my boundaries. Claustrophobia is a bit of a curse, my dad had it, he grew out of it, I probably will, but anyone who doesn't suffer it probably would not understand how terrifying, and irrational, it can be...

Cheers

Claustrophobia is a bit of a curse, my dad had it, he grew out of it, I probably will

Leaving your run a bit late, no? ;)

If your vision is to the point where stuff 3 metres away gets out of focus, I'd reckon claustrophobia would become less of an issue.

:)

Claustro is much more a mental thing really Ry, the imagination running rampant.

Not really Cybes, we are a long-lived mob, my dad got over his when he was about 70, I'm near on five years off that yet :)

Cheers

I think most people won't handle life in a submarine. We are evolved to live where your movement is not restricted to a metal tube full of explosive stuff.

New gaming laptop just arrived today. Took six days to get from Texas to Darwin! Bloody fast (via Hong kong)

Up and running now. Turns out I don't get the free 2nd hard drive mounting kit because I don't live in North America!