Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

Morons @ Google once again.  Thanks for assuming the location of my home desktop is 20 km south of where I live.

On 16/08/2018 at 11:19 AM, Rybags said:

Morons @ Google once again.  Thanks for assuming the location of my home desktop is 20 km south of where I live.

Better that they get it sorta wrong than wildly wrong.  I've had Windows locate my laptop in Dubai when I was in Mt Gambier.

Except for nav systems, what does it matter, anyway?  The weather won't be that different in only 20km, surely - most of the time, at any rate (once in a blue moon you might be on the edge of a rain cell or something).  You could regard it as a sort of security feature if you get paranoid about others locating you via your google profile. 😉

It's Friday I'm home. Showered and shampooed the week clean . Finished a tasty meal and consumed three quarts of a bloody mammoth sized scotch. Life is better

Farmers all over the country desperate for rain, and it's hailing on my house.  Very fucking funny, God. 😜

(I'm an atheist, so read that as my giant tongue rammed firmly into my cheek.)

Fifty years ago today the battle of Long Tan.

If you're curious there's a good film directed by Damien Lay ... worth watching imo.

Lest We Forget.

6 hours ago, Cybes said:

Farmers all over the country desperate for rain, ...

That's for sure, and with the lack of water is the certain threat of fire. I have some family in sth NSW keeping rwo eyes on things