Caelum

What's on your mind?

5 hours ago, eveln said:

what's the dog situation like ?

Plenty of people have them. None are free to roam.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:19 PM, Nich... said:

Have you played with the various pourover/filter types of coffee? 

They're about the only ones I can stand, and only if it's a non-espresso bean.

you just probably prefer lighter roasts rather than "non-espresso beans"

this lady says what i want to say

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cybes said:

/notices 'Hero' tag.

Hey now..!  When did *that* happen?  Um... Thank you to whoever did that!?

congrats.  whatever it is they are worth, its a value that has waned since the peak of this place as a writhing thriving mass of competing voices of varying quality, at which time, yours was already long overdue.

having said that, if i had my way you would be divested of your title pending your review of Season 3.

• Haha 1

Michael Douglas just got a star on the Hollywood walk of fame.

I'm thinking WTF there - he's accomplished way more than plenty of others who've done bugger-all and got a star years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @~thehung said:

if i had my way you would be divested of your title pending your review of Season 3

LOL

2 hours ago, @~thehung said:

congrats.  whatever it is they are worth, its a value that has waned since the peak of this place as a writhing thriving mass of competing voices of varying quality, at which time, yours was already long overdue.

having said that, if i had my way you would be divested of your title pending your review of Season 3.

haha ... regardless of what he ^^ says, Cybes' blue might be there to stay . And that'd be a fair call

About a month or so back I had the blue mark from early on a Friday evening  till sometime over that weekend. I thought it a bit strange with no mention being made so PM'd Nich ... seems "misclicks" are or were a thing here.

6 hours ago, Cybes said:

Plenty of people have them. None are free to roam.

well isn't that just shit lazy behaviour from you postal non-service

Funny how that happened... I posted that video just on Saturday about Falling Down, the Hollywood star happened on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

Funny how that happened... I posted that video just on Saturday about Falling Down, the Hollywood star happened on Tuesday.

well, there's the many incarnations of a PA press release dated 25th Oct with this verbatim string "74-year-old Oscar-winning actor known for appearing in films such as Wall Street, Basic Instinct and Falling Down" to consider.

imagine what effects the dissemination of that little reminder had as they reverberated throughout internet searches and google's (youtube) content sorting algorithms.

what i find interesting in situations like this,  is sometimes you can trace an occurrence with 'surface weirdness' to mundane causes (eg. absent-minded ingestion of 1st, 2nd, 3rd-hand YT recommendations), and sometimes you can cite a degree of randomness that amounts to an ironclad case for the impossibility of common causes.  in the end though, coincidences large and small are usually explicable, which doesnt ruin the fun for me.  on the contrary.  how information propagates is fascinating to me.  the more circuitous the route, the more fascinating. 

Lion Air plane that crashed was flying with faulty air speed indicator for the last four flights before the crash. Yes FOUR. There's a typo on the article ... a 96 should be 960

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/boeing-issues-advice-on-737-max-plane-sensor-after-lion-air-crash-20181107-p50en9.html

Boeing is advising airlines on procedures to deal with false readings from an aircraft sensor that authorities say malfunctioned on a 737 Max plane that crashed off the Indonesian coast over a week ago, killing all 189 people onboard.

The operations-manual bulletin was issued Tuesday, the US planemaker said in a statement posted to Twitter, and tells crew to use existing guidelines when dealing with erroneous inputs from the so-called angle of attack sensor. That sensor is intended to maintain airflow over a plane's wings but if it malfunctions can lead to an aerodynamic stall – which can cause aircraft to abruptly dive.

Edited by Jeruselem

On 07/11/2018 at 2:33 AM, Cybes said:

/notices 'Hero' tag.

It's been there for a month or so, by the looks of things ?

On 07/11/2018 at 2:33 AM, Cybes said:

/notices 'Hero' tag.

Ummmm. Yeah. So I might have been playing with the tags in the back end and maybe kinda heroed accidentally a few people who TOTALLY deserve it and I wasn't drunk no matter what Nich says. 

And... Hmmmm. Nich and I need to talk...

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

It's been there for a month or so, by the looks of things

I don't make a habit of looking at my own tags - I mostly use them to know who I'm 'talking' to, and I know who I am. ?  I really wouldn't have been too surprised if you'd said "since January", tbh.

50 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

heroed accidentally a few people who TOTALLY deserve it

Well, thank you, Chaos - drunk or not. ?

On 07/11/2018 at 4:33 PM, @~thehung said:

you just probably prefer lighter roasts rather than "non-espresso beans"

Yeah.  Like I said, non-espresso beans ?  If they're a floral bean and aren't roasted to hell and back, they're suitably tea-like.

The caffeine does nothing for me, so I only have them very occasionally for the taste.  And most coffee does not, er, taste very nice.

17 minutes ago, Nich... said:

most coffee does not, er, taste very nice

I also drink it mostly for the taste - also because it makes a warm spot in my tummy! ?  But I prefer the stronger, darker blends - unadulterated with dairy products or sugar.

I also think tonic water and bitter lemon are way too sweet, so...there's that.

6 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Yeah.  Like I said, non-espresso beans ? 

hmm, so you didnt watch the video, disagree with it, or just trollin'...?

point is, "espresso beans" is largely a meaningless misnomer.  more to do with hokey marketing and notions rooted in now outdated processes and quality control. 

52 minutes ago, Cybes said:

I don't make a habit of looking at my own tags - I mostly use them to know who I'm 'talking' to, and I know who I am. ?  I really wouldn't have been too surprised if you'd said "since January", tbh.

Well, thank you, Chaos - drunk or not. ?

*Sigh*. For the record. I was playing with the colours of the tags. I needed some test bunnies. A few people were on and in the right state (active but not done anything in a while).   Apparently I messed up when putting my toys away. 

However, and I stress this, I was playing with people who I thought deserved it anyway,

And I stand by that. 

We are in discussion. Opinions will be sought. Stay tuned. 

48 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

hmm, so you didnt watch the video, disagree with it, or just trollin'...?

point is, "espresso beans" is largely a meaningless misnomer.  more to do with hokey marketing and notions rooted in now outdated processes and quality control. 

I have the video queued up for when I get a free 5 minutes.  That aside, it's facetious shorthand.  Just like calling pies, cakes.

4 minutes ago, Nich... said:

I have the video queued up for when I get a free 5 minutes.  That aside, it's facetious shorthand.  Just like calling pies, cakes.

Like the cake in your avatar?

37 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Just like calling pies, cakes.

... People do that?

And most coffee does not, er, taste very nice.

And that is why we have simplified the process of making our coffee . After a while coffees were all tasting dank and over done. I felt that to enjoy them better I might need to add milk or cream ... but that would mean remembering to buy it and have fresh stuff on hand.

Much simpler to just get the cooking process that suits us sorted ... I think we have ... for now anyway ... till we get bored or die or something

That aside, it's facetious shorthand.  Just like calling pies, cakes.

fair enough.  just putting it out there as a take it or leave it factoid.  realistically, its a misconception thats not going away any time soon, since, taken as a whole, "espresso beans" are especially suitable for espresso :)

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

... People do that?

i guess he means cheesecake.  thats definitely a pie.

57 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

cheesecake.  thats definitely a pie.

Hm.  Fair point - I hadn't thought about that one.

pies have lids /semi lids ( like loosely woven pastry or potato) tarts don't ... they're cakes or gateaus

I'm not sure what makes me worried more, people calling cheesecake a pie, or pizza a pie.