Caelum

What's on your mind?

8 hours ago, Nich... said:
On 21/11/2018 at 7:23 AM, eveln said:

So. I just discovered how to speak to various points in replying to a member here ... i thought I fucked it up, but for once I got it just right .lol. << now I did think to go to feedback with this comment but the thread is closed

Which thread? 

just before I posted on the 21st at 7.23, I thought I'd go brag about my serendipitous findings . only to find both the threads directed at New Features etc closed and no longer accepting posts. somebody went " Open Sesame ! " or " Abracadabra ! " and they be open now

mine got ! but it's still, intense with the promise of something meaningful, hopefully ... like sitting in a sauna that never quite crescendos ... but all the while you still think it's gunna ... soon 

20 hours ago, eveln said:

just before I posted on the 21st at 7.23, I thought I'd go brag about my serendipitous findings . only to find both the threads directed at New Features etc closed and no longer accepting posts. somebody went " Open Sesame ! " or " Abracadabra ! " and they be open now

The main one wasn't locked.  The one from TGR was.  The other one you posted in was from a few years ago.

I got tired of people putting issues to be fixed in the spam thread for people to play with new candy.

GM weren't doing very well, then Trump throws around these trade wars. Then GM have even more losses, so they have to close factories because they have a backlog of cars to sell. Then Trump complains! Ford is doing the same, they haven't closed factories just stopping production.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-28/donald-trump-very-disappointed-gm-closing-five-factories/10561108

Edited by Jeruselem

Nothing new.  Nissan did the same thing here, then the others did as well.  Nissan got something like a $30M grant then shut down completely a couple of years later.

GM and Ford have backlogs of unwanted cars not selling, they have to stop making cars. The quality of the cars not sold is a known quantity, rubbish. So at one point they have to stop making the cars which don't sell. I think GM and Ford have to get out of making cars and just work on trucks and other vehicles.

Harley Davidson are moving production to Europe as the steel and alumina tariffs are killing sales to Europe. It's not just cars.

Edited by Jeruselem

Hmm,

America is in danger of going the way of Australia and losing all its car manufacturing. Its all Asian and some European now and even some of the European manufactures, like Renault which my sister is about to buy are  manufacturing in Korea now.

I don't imagine the bike riders are going to be happy about Harley moving to Europe but Trump and his idiotic tariffs have caused that, perhaps they will think twice before voting Republican again...

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Hmm,

America is in danger of going the way of Australia and losing all its car manufacturing. Its all Asian and some European now and even some of the European manufactures, like Renault which my sister is about to buy are  manufacturing in Korea now.

I don't imagine the bike riders are going to be happy about Harley moving to Europe but Trump and his idiotic tariffs have caused that, perhaps they will think twice before voting Republican again...

Cheers

The big corporates sold out America chasing profits when they moved manufacturing overseas to places like China where you can work your workers like slaves. Trump can complain all he likes but all this was done in the name of cutting cost of production. I mean all Trumps merchandise is made in China anyway.

Of course they're suffering, people in the US feel safe in  big vehicles like trucks and SUVs, but they're also relatively expensive, so most people aren't even considering smaller cheap to run cars.

Queensland is on fire and Sydney is getting biblical rain. Those insurers are going to be real busy !!!

Edited by Jeruselem

Not on fire up here, but temps more applicable to dry areas than the so called " tropics"... this is fry an egg on the road suck your energy and water clean outa you type heat. I don't remember having temps over 36-38. this week they've been closer to and over 40 ffs.

Climate change = more extreme, not everywhere getting a little bit warmer.  We're still running the heater occasionally down here in Mt Gambier - it's *supposed* to be getting warmer by now.

• Like 1

How the **** is Lion Air even allowed to operate ... the maintenance people leave multiple faults in the planes and fake record keeping. But then that seems normal in Indonesian airlines ???

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/lion-air-crash-investigation-reveals-how-pilots-fought-hard-to-save-plane?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0

12 hours ago, Cybes said:

Climate change = more extreme, not everywhere getting a little bit warmer.  We're still running the heater occasionally down here in Mt Gambier - it's *supposed* to be getting warmer by now.

Same here.... I think we've cracked one day over 30 degrees during spring but the average has been high teens low twenties... 

Oh and my grandkids make the cutest Elves on a Shelf haha

46956658_755766561434116_4217627424763936768_n.jpg

Edited by DEVERE

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

How the **** is Lion Air even allowed to operate ... the maintenance people leave multiple faults in the planes and fake record keeping. But then that seems normal in Indonesian airlines ???

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/lion-air-crash-investigation-reveals-how-pilots-fought-hard-to-save-plane?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0

Depends who does the maintenance on their aircraft, it is often outsourced to other airlines or private contractors.

Quite possibly the crash could have been avoided if the auto system was disconnected via a breaker but I doubt the poor crew had time to diagnose the problem and find the breaker. Boeing need to look at their cockpit ergonomics not try to blame the crew.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/lion-air-crash-investigation-reveals-how-pilots-fought-hard-to-save-plane?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0?fbclid=IwAR00Gr8E9r1x0H6OJbnkyqi-h4ew-7HgiwZYtsN4K0AxZ9D_9ElWQQ4eJA0

There, FTFY

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Depends who does the maintenance on their aircraft, it is often outsourced to other airlines or private contractors.

Quite possibly the crash could have been avoided if the auto system was disconnected via a breaker but I doubt the poor crew had time to diagnose the problem and find the breaker. Boeing need to look at their cockpit ergonomics not try to blame the crew.

Cheers

Which means Lion Air simply don't train their pilots properly for when things got to hell.

Weird - got a logged call on the landline from a 06 number.  NFI what that could be, fairly sure overseas VOIP comes under a different prefix.

41 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Which means Lion Air simply don't train their pilots properly for when things got to hell.

Not really.

Training on a new aircraft is provided in the first instance by the manufacturer, many airlines, in fact most, do not train their own pilots anymore. Training is provided in a bundle from the manufacturer as part of the purchase.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Weird - got a logged call on the landline from a 06 number.  NFI what that could be, fairly sure overseas VOIP comes under a different prefix.

Have seen a couple of them lately Ry.

Almost certainly the old missed call scam.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Nich... said:

There, FTFY 

And that shows you bein' the great and caring Mod  that we know you to be

• Like 1

Dunno - the # is 06 1242 xxxx which makes no sense as I'm fairly sure no normal subscriber numbers start with 1.  06 was Canberra's area code for a little while before the 8 digit numbers became standard.

They mustn't have been too desperate - the answering machine registered nothing, it normally picks up after about 3 rings.