Caelum

What's on your mind?

7 hours ago, eveln said:

blobs of talc

You don't put it on with a trowel, y'know. ?  If there's enough to make (visible) blobs, that's about 3 or 4 times more than you need.

I never did use it on my kids and I was essentially a single parent for several months when my wife was hospital bound through complications with our second daughter.

If they developed any rashes - rare because being the eldest of five I rather knew about nappy washing and putting on, zinc cream was the best answer.

In truth I never understood talcum anyway, but I know a lot of people who have used it on their kids, to me it was a 17th century English affectation to be used in place of washing and to powder faces.

Believe it or not @th towels in England are usually perfectly dry, but a LOT of indoor drying is done - the veritable clothes horse ?

Cheers

I think some parents go nuts with overusing the baby powder which means you're using too much if you're cover in it ...

5 hours ago, chrisg said:

If they developed any rashes - rare because being the eldest of five I rather knew about nappy washing and putting on, zinc cream was the best answer.

Yup. Bepanthon sp? or any other barrier cream was so much better than talc for any rashes/chafing for my kids.

An army of Chinese terracotta warriors will invade Melbourne! In a friendly way. Some time in 2019

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-17/chinas-terracotta-warriors-come-to-australia-for-ngv-exhibit/10626348

Funny, I was playing titan quest and smashed up a lot animated clay warriors LOL

Edited by Jeruselem

8 hours ago, Cybes said:

You don't put it on with a trowel, y'know. ?  If there's enough to make (visible) blobs, that's about 3 or 4 times more than you need.

'sif that logic is gonna work faced with butt cheeks positively rosy with rash ?

Edited by eveln

2 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

An army of Chinese terracotta warriors will invade Melbourne! In a friendly way. Some time in 2019

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-17/chinas-terracotta-warriors-come-to-australia-for-ngv-exhibit/10626348

Funny, I was playing titan quest and smashed up a lot animated clay warriors LOL

I remember seeing them when they first came

?

Back to nappies ?

A trick my sister taught me - do the nappy bucket thing THEN put them still wet into the washing machine on a short cycle just with vinegar as a natural  fabric softener, also disinfects very well.

Nappies came out super soft after drying on the line, never had any chafing and very, very rare rash, even when teething.

White vinegar of course, not balsamic ?

Cheers

52 minutes ago, SnowSquirrel said:

Do you mean mein Gott?

i think the spelling was sumwot fenetic

2 hours ago, SnowSquirrel said:

Do you mean mein Gott? 

It translates as something like " My God ! " and as I don't specifically have a God , I thought I'd just sorta mix it up a bit

https://thewest.com.au/news/aviation/qantas-hits-back-over-legal-stoush-with-perth-airport-ng-b881053137z

Interesting, QANTAS has been underpaying airport fees at Perth airport complaining they are too high. So they paid they they think its "fair". I wish we could do that and get away with it . Perth air are resorting to court to get their money now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Perth air are resorting to court to get their money now.

Ahem.  If PA are taking them to court about it, then QANTAS did not 'get away with it'.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Ahem.  If PA are taking them to court about it, then QANTAS did not 'get away with it'.

In a way the have been getting away with it. If we underpaid our bills, we'd lose those services straight away. In this case, Perth airport can't afford to stop QANTAS using their facilities either, as there's not a lot of alternative customers. Both sides are being asshats and always leads to legal proceedings.

Edited by Jeruselem

I sort of wonder just how long QANTAS have been getting away with that, some numpty in PAA must have noticed...

QANTAS, with Jetstar would be the biggest customer but Perth is serviced by a slew of airlines these days, Virgin of course, National Jet, several International carriers, Tiger sometimes (:) ) that includes multiple carriers who service Bali daily, it's a long list and I doubt any of the others are complaining about the fees.

I wonder what that Irish git Joyce will have to say to justify this ?

Cheers

Airports are in no position to not allow Jetstar and QANTAS to stop operating, so it's a nasty bind. They part pay their bills but can't do much to stop them doing other than legal action. Joyce is running the place like a budget airline, cutting costs everywhere.

Edited by Jeruselem

No,

But they can make it VERY difficult for airlines to operate smoothly, it has happened other places in the world before. Close off departure lounges and air bridges, reduce their queue priorities for both take-off and landing, costing fuel, park them out in the middle of nowhere even close out baggage handling belts making the aircraft passengers luggage be hand loaded air-side, all of that up to actual boarding is in the control of the airport.

It sort of happened here with Compass in the old days, their "lounge" was a warehouse on the approach road because the airlines and airport had no terminal areas they were willing to give to them. It was kind of fun whilst it lasted, like living in the past but Compass went broke owing the airports monies. National had/have a similar situation, their lounges are not part of the main terminal, I've not been on a mine flight for a while but it is still like that. Even security can be reduced leading to queues.

That won't happen to Qantas, they are far too big a customer, but customers pay bills.

Joyce is the worst thing ever to happen to QANTAS in PR terms - what do you expect of a man whose previous record was running a European budget airline ?

Makes me glad I'm flying Virgin on Sunday to Adelaide as I move states, not my favorite airline but Jetstar have cancelled flights on me twice in the past four months, great in the air, but simply not reliable.

My bet they will settle quickly and scapegoat an accountant.

Cheers

I flew Virgin airlines back from Melb but Jetstar to Melb. Fare wasn't much different but Jetstar seats are like soft concrete seriously. And the flight was late ...

Edited by Jeruselem

Never had much trouble with Jetstar, once in the air, not even their seat comfort, but, I used to sit on rather hard seats in my flying days ?

Cheers

APRA remove limits on interest only loans (for residential). Bad move, if you can't finance a proper loan in the first place, then you shouldn't be getting the loan. Interest only loans only help the bank not you (well unless you know you can sell the place for more than loan amount).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-19/apra-to-remove-interest-only-benchmark-for-residential-mortgage/10633748

Edited by Jeruselem

The USAF (mostly USN and ground forces) should never have been in Syria in the first place.

It's a civil war, ok, Russian backed on one side but still internal. Syria was once bitter enemies with Israel, I was there then, the stories are buried in the archives,  but they were very Russian backed, always knew when I had a Russian foe, Arab pilots just do not fly as well.

Israel could deal with them, at a cost, the Golan was ferocious  and costly fighting, but Syria has not attacked Israel in decades, too busy imploding - very Arab of an artificial nation that remains tribal y divided, and politically diametrically opposed.

I don't like Trump, but if the US can get out of there without another Vietnam retreat that was the fall of Saigon they should, and keep the 7th fleet nearby as a warning to back up their Israeli allies - not that they need it.

Cheers

my mind is on what a fucking useless bunch of twats the fastway couriers must be

bought a mobile for mr 16 last month, got to sydney (via tamworth? - from china) on dec 3 and is still not delivered

does anyone know their depot number here, because the philipino call centre are totally inept, and ebay claims it is pending delivery based on the couriers "tracking"

fuck them with a rake