Caelum

What's on your mind?

30 minutes ago, eveln said:

go to another room immediately. hope your head feels more the thing sooon

Thanks. Pretty much immediately after that post, I gave up trying to cope and came home. 30 mins sleep and some peace and quiet, and all is right again.

Thankfully. Noise of my own cutlery on my own plate was like an icepick to the temple.

Almost 50 years ago exactly... the Apollo 8 mission left it's Moon orbit to return to Earth.

7 hours ago, Cybes said:

Thanks. Pretty much immediately after that post, I gave up trying to cope and came home. 30 mins sleep and some peace and quiet, and all is right again. 

goodo  ... and now we just need to get passed the loopy-ness of the new year hype ...

How my joints are aching after sitting on the floor for   ¾ hour playing Abbey Road Music Trivia Game.

I WON YAY !

Next up... GoT Monopoly !

be kind to your ageing limbs

abbey road suggests your joints need to be smoked rather than aching

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, eveln said:

goodo  ... and now we just need to get passed the loopy-ness of the new year hype ...

2018 was a crap year i n general!

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:
16 hours ago, eveln said:

2018 was a crap year i n general!

so after a rather prolonged year of diarrhoea lets hope we don't go quite to constipation but to something approaching a healthy and prosperous year ... pretty please

Edited by eveln

2 hours ago, eveln said:

so after a rather prolonged year of diarrhoea lets hope we don't go quite to constipation but to something approaching a healthy and prosperous year ... pretty please

I think 2018 is a forerunner to 2019 which will probably be worse.

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Someone wants his wall and is willing to shutdown the government until he gets it ...

Only 6 days late to the party, there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Only 6 days late to the party, there.

darwin is a long way away

• Like 2

OMM: Sometimes I wonder exactly how badly damaged my brain actually is.  I mean, I feel fine and still like me, but... I woke up, had a shower, dried off and only then noticed my right leg is gashed.  Happened before - a sharp bit of toenail on the left foot and a habit of pulling that foot into the calf.  Ok, nail clippers in hand, the hunt for the sharp bit commences.  Oh!  Well, that was easy - half my big toe nail is hanging off and dripping blood.

No, I still didn't feel anything, even looking at the gore.

Now my clippers look like a medieval torture instrument because they've been used to clip of the hanging bit and smooth out the ragged edges.

Needed to wash those sheets anyway. ?

?

A temporary situation for me Cybes but I've been put on blood thinners temporarily since pneumonia earlier in the year left some clots in my lungs, now almost dissipated apparently.

As my doc said, better than getting a pulmonary embolism but it takes next to nothing to have me leaking red stuff - makes watering mother's roses... interesting ?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, chrisg said:

?

A temporary situation for me Cybes but I've been put on blood thinners temporarily since pneumonia earlier in the year left some clots in my lungs, now almost dissipated apparently.

As my doc said, better than getting a pulmonary embolism but it takes next to nothing to have me leaking red stuff - makes watering mother's roses... interesting ?

Cheers

You adding organic iron to the plant's diet?

39 minutes ago, chrisg said:

...takes next to nothing to have me leaking red stuff

During chemo, it actually did take nothing to have me leaking.  All the edges of my nails would spontaneously start oozing blood.  Completely painless, but rather distressing for anyone witnessing it for the first time.

This, otoh, is noticeable damage that should hurt.  I've not felt a damned thing, though - not even stinging when slathering on the antiseptic cream.

Haven't got Type 2 Diabetes have you?

Numbness can get to the point where you lose feeling in the extremities.

chemo actually causes peripheral neuropathy (weird sensation abilities) in many

my thermostat has gone wonky, and my skin "burns" on exposure to light, even when i'm not in direct exposure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

You adding organic iron to the plant's diet?

?

Keeping Bandaids and Savlon in business ?

Cheers

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

Type 2 Diabetes

Not that I know of, and it was in my last blood test.  See next answer.

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

peripheral neuropathy

*Ding!*

Started almost immediately, and has never gone away.   Worst in the feet, but also a little in the hands - and my face, weirdly: when the skin gets cold, it feels like I'm sweating.

1 hour ago, TheManFromPOST said:

any cut or scratch goes unnoticed

Blerg.  I had a period of almost complete numbness in both feet - thankfully it went away in a year or two.  I obviously still have a little, but it's way better than previously.  The amount of damage you can inflict upon yourself by accident simply because you are unaware...  Frightening.  I hope yours also fades, dude.

4 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

@Cybes

one of the joys I now live with, I have no feeling in the part of my leg that got the plastic surgery. any cut or scratch goes unnoticed

diabetics get it in their peripheries - a consequence of poor blood supply to the nerves (microvascular issue - the teeny tiny blood vessels get crappy)

so the double whammy is not feeling injuries, and being an excellent (sweet) culture medium for invasive infection via any minor injury

doesn't hurt, but it sure doesn't help either  ?

I don’t understand male transvestites

Walking around looking for a place to have lunch yesterday, passed a few guys wearing dresses. OK

It is just that if I decided to dress like a woman, I would be trying a little harder. I’d be putting on some makeup, not just long fake fingernails. Have a nice hairdo.But the main thing I would do is SHAVE OFF MY BEARD!!!

Seriously, if you are not trying to be the most beautiful woman you can be, then why bother???

40 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

Seriously, if you are not trying to be the most beautiful woman you can be, then why bother???

That there is a really deep hole.  I mean, if you apply that logic fully, that way lies reassignment surgery - or at the very least hormone shots.

Personally, I don't get it either, but <shrug/> whatever floats their boats.

Maybe they lost a bet?  Next step is walking into the biker bar and asking someone to dance.