Caelum

What's on your mind?

35 minutes ago, chrisg said:

precaution is better than consequence, always.

Tru dat.  I've pulled the cord a few times for my own and still felt it was the right course of action after finding it was 'just' a panic attack. (complete checklist of heart attack symptoms - I'd be an idiot to ignore that)  No way in hell I'm going to ignore a 3-Sigma signal on someone actually half likely to have one.

• Like 1

Yeah, they always say they'd rather come for a false alarm than everyone just assume it's nothing. Glad it worked out. 

Indeed.

For my sins I'm a bloody expert on panic attacks but I once had an ambulance called for me because one had been going on too long and valium was not denting it - that's exactly what the ambos said, they'd be happy if it was "just" a panic attack.

My mother has a cornucopia of ailments but all the signs said anxiety, the only thing giving me pause was she is on 24/7 oxygen and that usually helps in a panic attack but she needs it because her oxygen levels are borderline even with that assistance.

Cheers

Annoying that the search option of Firefox selects the same thing for search and address bar  - would be nice to have Google search in address bar and Wiki for the search bar.

Next best thing though is you can generate your own custom keyword to override the default https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-search-from-address-bar

It seems to generate a bookmark for each one though but I assume you could probably tuck them away where they won't get in the way.

15 hours ago, Cybes said:

OMM: relief. 😉

only just saw this. rest well both of you :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

Annoying that the search option of Firefox selects the same thing for search and address bar  - would be nice to have Google search in address bar and Wiki for the search bar.

Next best thing though is you can generate your own custom keyword to override the default https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-search-from-address-bar

It seems to generate a bookmark for each one though but I assume you could probably tuck them away where they won't get in the way.

Weird. Can't say I've ever noticed that. I regularly use the wonder bar or whatever they're calling the search bar now to search via Google, and the search bar for specials sites

I'm sure I wasn't doing anything wrong but I couldn't get it to work like that (which is what I wanted).

Generally I'm not a fan of the browser going off on it's own and searching rather than treating it as a URL but it seems to have implemented it well.
One of the first things I did with Quantum though was go back to the seperate address/search boxes.

There's about:config settings that can change things but don't do what I wanted by the looks of it.

Anyway, ATM I've set up imdb, g for Google, gi for Google Images.  Might set a few more up for stuff like eBay and torrent searches.  And you can stuff the bookmark away off in a subfolder so it's not so conspicuous.

Years later I still sometimes find myself typing Google term and ending up on a Google search page looking for Google and term. Bad habits etc

38 minutes ago, SceptreCore said:

What's on my mind is that Rybaga and Nich... are a couple of nerds.

... In this forum?  Surely not!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rybags said:

I'm sure I wasn't doing anything wrong but I couldn't get it to work like that (which is what I wanted).

Generally I'm not a fan of the browser going off on it's own and searching rather than treating it as a URL but it seems to have implemented it well.
One of the first things I did with Quantum though was go back to the seperate address/search boxes.

There's about:config settings that can change things but don't do what I wanted by the looks of it.

Anyway, ATM I've set up imdb, g for Google, gi for Google Images.  Might set a few more up for stuff like eBay and torrent searches.  And you can stuff the bookmark away off in a subfolder so it's not so conspicuous.

i use the bookmark method like that , but the secret is not to use common sbbreviations - my intel cpu search is i - which creates issues if my search starts with the word i

Edited by scruffy1

Posted (edited)

Ouch, when your company is similar to another - and the other one built the Opal towers. Icon Co built the tower and not Icon Construction Group. Confusingly, Icon Co doesn't exist now, it merged with Cockram Construction to form another company.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/nothing-to-do-with-each-other-company-clarifies-it-did-not-build-opal-tower-20190106-p50pvv.html

Edited by Jeruselem

Phone plan change, cost from 40 down to 35. Everything the same except 12GB of data goes to 35GB of data. I could have gone a new phone + SIM plan  but Voda lock you in for like 36 months on those plans ...

Doing another data recovery run on a clone of the one from the other day... MiniTool utterly kicks the arse of the others.  The strange thing is that it looks almost the same as EaseUS data recovery but is about a third faster and provides the option to specify what file systems to look out for.

" Be good to your children. They will choose the aged care home you end up in "

... according to my 2019 calender that was said by Phyllis Diller

All my dental bills for last 3 months, 2487 ... only about half paid by private health care. I haven't included my optical bills ...

It's official, the president presiding over the longest shutdown is ... DONALD TRUMP

You can't do banking via Aust(LostYour)Post now for ANZ. Well, not that I ever would use AustPost to do banking but in some places ... they have no choice!

Edited by Jeruselem

😉

Dunno that anyone much goes to a bank, or PO for that matter any more for money stuff, it's all on-line, when it works 🙂

Last time I was in a branch was to meet a mate of mine who is a manager, that would have been 5 years ago. I was the only "customer" in the place.

Cheers

53 minutes ago, chrisg said:

😉

Dunno that anyone much goes to a bank, or PO for that matter any more for money stuff, it's all on-line, when it works 🙂

Last time I was in a branch was to meet a mate of mine who is a manager, that would have been 5 years ago. I was the only "customer" in the place.

Cheers

Just corrected that, forget to mention it was for ANZ. Other 3 banks paid the 22 million blackmail money!

4 hours ago, chrisg said:

Dunno that anyone much goes to a bank

/raises hand

I admit, I'm a paranoid.  I have next to no faith in internet security in general, and the ability of my bank (credit union) in particular.  I have a separate debit card which I charge at the bank, not by 'net - it has zero credit.  That one gets used for whatever needs paying online.  If it get compromised (probably by the website being hacked), the most I can lose is whatever change was left over from the last transaction.  My actual account never gets exposed.

8 minutes ago, Cybes said:

/raises hand

I admit, I'm a paranoid.  I have next to no faith in internet security in general, and the ability of my bank (credit union) in particular.  I have a separate debit card which I charge at the bank, not by 'net - it has zero credit.  That one gets used for whatever needs paying online.  If it get compromised (probably by the website being hacked), the most I can lose is whatever change was left over from the last transaction.  My actual account never gets exposed.

Haven't been to a branch for ages, only if I have go verify my ID for something (like opening a new account or something or ... a bank cheque)

19 minutes ago, Cybes said:

/raises hand

i'm about as paranoid as anyone, but even i trust security tokens.  ie.  two-factor with the aid of an air gapped physical device as opposed to the SMS code variety, which is orders of magnitude less secure.