Caelum

What's on your mind?

I visit the bank and go to post office to pay utilities ... and I'm glad my real estate has an office that accepts my eftpos payments . I find it ludicrous that a business hesitates to take payment across it's counter ... mind you banks never deny you, as long as
your visit times around the lunchtime closing that is. ffs.

OMM .... soooooo hungry .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, eveln said:

I visit the bank and go to post office to pay utilities ... and I'm glad my real estate has an office that accepts my eftpos payments . I find it ludicrous that a business hesitates to take payment across it's counter ... mind you banks never deny you, as long as
your visit times around the lunchtime closing that is. ffs.

OMM .... soooooo hungry .

Pretty much use BPAY for all my bills now. I don't have the patience for glacial speed queues at the post office (and they close before I finish work)

Edited by Jeruselem

Hit 41 the other day.  
It was a lovely birthday.  The gifts were thoughtful.  I did have to tell my wife what to get.  But we'll get to that in a second.  
I got the Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Bunnings Gift Vouchers.  (They know me)
an eftpos voucher

A Raspberry Pi 3.  

The Bunnings vouchers have come to good effect already.  Bunnings vouchers are always happy.  

The Monster manual I love.  Even if I don't play D&D with it (Which I will).  The day spent sitting with my son and going through it was most amazing.  Best birthday present ever.  
Raspberry pi 3?  Well.  MY brother knows me.  This is going to become a  pihole.  I look forwards to it.  

But Fenn's gift to me.  She got me the Monster Manual.  But.  She wants to get me an armchair.  
And I was a bit 'huh?  Why?'  
But then I paid attention to what I was doing.  I kept dragging my computer chair to near my fishtank to read.  So why not a computer chair.  I never noticed I did this.  Fenn did.  

So this weekend, we go and get me an armchair.

AD

• Like 4

Geez, you reminded me I have AD&D book I bought in ... 1987! Monster Manual II

4 minutes ago, AccessDenied said:

Hit 41 the other day.  

Did it bruise much ?

armchair, recliner good light over your shoulder and a blanky ... need a side table for the scotch and all is set to go

10 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Pretty much use BPAY for all my bills now. I don't have the patience for glacial speed queues at the post office (and they close before I finish work)

well, as lots of people be like you, cues are not too bad now ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eveln said:

Did it bruise much ?

armchair, recliner good light over your shoulder and a blanky ... need a side table for the scotch and all is set to go

well, as lots of people be like you, cues are not too bad now ?

You one of those annoying people who have a weird item to post and takes forever?

52 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

You one of those annoying people who have a weird item to post and takes forever?

No. I very rarely send anything. I'm usually there paying a bill ... I might be crying about the amount that has to be paid ... I guess that could take up some time maybe.

Clive Palmer is not making new friends of recent like the people he's robocalled, Twisted Sister and now Boy George. The last two he's explicitly stolen their songs for his own campaign material without asking the owners.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-15/boy-george-clive-palmer-karma-chameleon-legal-action/10715710

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Haha 1

PMSL - just installed Thunderbird and imported my mail.  Doing a bit of customisation and sorting.

Just selected an email that I got during a series of interviews with MS I had about 15 months ago (and coming from their corporate email addresses) and it pops up the warning "This message may be a scam"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

PMSL - just installed Thunderbird and imported my mail.  Doing a bit of customisation and sorting.

Just selected an email that I got during a series of interviews with MS I had about 15 months ago (and coming from their corporate email addresses) and it pops up the warning "This message may be a scam"

?

Sounds like the scam/spam catcher had it right   ?

Cheers

Syria vs Australia game last night, the Syrian penalty was given for a a Syrian player tripping over ... one of this own ...

?

How very Syrian - both on different sides of their civil war perhaps ?

Cheers

On 06/01/2019 at 9:38 PM, Rybags said:

Next best thing though is you can generate your own custom keyword to override the default https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-search-from-address-bar

custom search presets are cool. but i bet it cant do what i most want —

a way to filter out americans from specific video results :)  goddamnit! every time i hear a yank say "solder" a part of me dies.  i'm never prepared for it.  i never adapt to it.  i just want to smash things. they need their lips soddered shut!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

1 hour ago, @~thehung said:

custom search presets are cool. but i bet it cant do what i most want —

a way to filter out americans from specific video results ?  goddamnit! every time i hear a yank say "solder" a part of me dies.  i'm never prepared for it.  i never adapt to it.  i just want to smash things. they need their lips soddered shut!

Tell me about it. First time I heard it I was going to correct it then found out they all say it like that. How does this happen? 

• Like 1

well, i looked it the etymology once and via something like middle english and/or french and a silent 'l' or somesuch there is a very strong case for their way being the most "authentic". 

still sucks though, even if i am the type to argue with cafe staff over my insistence there's a hard 'c' in bruschetta.

• Like 1

Clive Palmer makes the top 50 rich dudes on the Forbes  List. First time in 5 years . lol. Pity it looks like he's put all his weight back on too.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-17/clive-palmer-back-on-the-rich-list-after-royalties-case/10724380

His return to the list also comes three years after his Queensland Nickel refinery in Townsville collapsed with $300 million in debts, leaving more than 800 people out of work.

First time as friggin Billionaire toooo .

edit : ... and he's coming back to politics too ... I mean why not really Scummo and Dutton reaally need a funny-man ... it almost makes Hansen appear normal ?

Edited by eveln
  • Sad 1

Bugger me.  The $100 million Powerball draw.  I was expecting like 20+ winners as you always seem to get in the Lotto games when it's a big jackpot and everyman & his dog enters.

I thought why not, so bought a quickpick online.

Just checked and there was just the 1 winner, so someone is about $107.5 million richer.

I never buy a ticket.  A lottery is a tax on people who can't figure probabilities.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cybes said:

I never buy a ticket.  A lottery is a tax on people who can't figure probabilities.

yes,  but there is always a winner