Caelum

What's on your mind?

🙂

In earlier times in the Catholic Church a Jesuit agent would have spiked his sacramental wine with arsenic or similar by now.

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh yes, Pell still has his Order of Australia Companion from 2005 ... you think they should revoke it now?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Oh yes, Pell still has his Order of Australia Companion from 2005 ... you think they should revoke it now?

He was strongly implicated in pedo priest shuffling in the *'80s* (of course nobody outside the Church could prove anything), and every time that or any other instance of kiddyfiddling priests came up he evaded, redirected, and generally squirmed quite obviously (an actor he is not).  That scumbag should never have received the award in the first place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cybes said:

He was strongly implicated in pedo priest shuffling in the *'80s* (of course nobody outside the Church could prove anything), and every time that or any other instance of kiddyfiddling priests came up he evaded, redirected, and generally squirmed quite obviously (an actor he is not).  That scumbag should never have received the award in the first place.

Like making Peter Hollingworth GG of Australia ... which happened

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Like making Peter Hollingworth GG of Australia ... which happened

Yeah but hey, letting child molesters run around unhindered was the done thing in those days. 

Kind of like letting the corporate scum do whatever they like is all the go these days. Maybe one day there'll be a reckoning, and folks will be all like, hey, everyone else was letting the poor get pillaged and the ecosystem raped, it was the fashion. 

22 minutes ago, aquilus said:

Now that's not true. I'm sure Kim gave him tons of tips on how to crush dissent and be a successful autocrat 😉

There's one difference, one has autocratic powers and one doesn't but behaves like he does ...

Edited by Jeruselem

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

There's one difference, one has autocratic powers and one doesn't but behaves like he does ...

Give it time.  He's rolling back or ignoring constitutional limits every day.

So we've got a captain's pick for head of the ABC from the fuckhead with no mandate...

Never mind the independent selection panel and their candidates, we'll give the job to someone who didn't even apply for it. Someone who just BTW, was chummy with Packer and Murdoch, and who's a big fan of the Liberal party.

Fuck these scum in the arse with a pallet of bricks. 

6 hours ago, Cybes said:

Give it time.  He's rolling back or ignoring constitutional limits every day.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this national emergency stick. I don't like emergency powers at the best of times, they tend to be the tools of autocrats historically.

• Like 2

Yeah, see what spin Trump puts on it - all a war of words.

Putting biochem on the table was probably a bit early but necessary, with everything focused on the nukes it is easy to forget that biochem weapons are MUCH easier to manufacture.

Cheers

Yay, my health insurance premiums went UP again! Like it *** does every year.

OMM right now: Goddamnedfucking CALL CENTRES!!!

*Every* damn day day for the last two weeks!  Same two companies.  *Every* damn time I stop them as soon as they announce the product (I'm generous - it *could* be something new) and say "I should be on your 'DO NOT CALL' list.  If I'm not, add me."  *Every* damn they apologise and say they'll do just that and I should never get a call from them again.  And then it happens again the next day.

I try not to get angry at the dude/dudette on the 'phone - they're just trying to put bread on the table.  But it's really fucking trying sometimes.

10 hours ago, aquilus said:

It will be interesting to see what comes of this national emergency stick.

schtick?

58 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

schtick?

That could also fit.

Trump won't be happy until he's wiped out millions, including his own people. A twat of the highest order ... 

Apart from one wee break, I slept for about eleven hours  ... unprecedented ... consequently, I'm wavering between getting all up on housework and stuff or just continuing with the waking bludge of doing not a whole lot of anything

procrastination ... wonder if I can make it last till it's too late 😉

• Like 1

For those Game of Thrones fans, the Mountain breaks a new record

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-04/game-of-thrones-the-mountain-breaks-deadlift-world-record/10866688

Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson has proved why he is the reigning World's Strongest Man by breaking his own deadlift world record at the 2019 Arnold Strongman Classic.