Caelum

What's on your mind?

Pell will get an appeal but he'll spend at least 3 months on gaol first. He's got a new lawyer lotsa of money can buy.

The other day Richter said he was gonna take a back seat ( re the appeal ) as he was too emotional involved  ... I reckon it was a seat designated to him since his " vanilla " comment   ... ffs even Pell's lawyer doesn't seem to see too much harm in certain styles of sexual conduct with kids.

In all likelyhood Pell's time served will be all he gets ...

It seems you have to take solace in him having to sweat it out for a few months. 

13 hours ago, fliptopia said:

It seems you have to take solace in him having to sweat it out for a few months. 

At we found out his real "friends" who have been protecting him for all this time.

**** Australia post. When you leave a card to pick up an item, at least properly mark the identity section!

On 06/03/2019 at 8:18 PM, eveln said:

The other day Richter said he was gonna take a back seat ( re the appeal ) as he was too emotional involved  ... I reckon it was a seat designated to him since his " vanilla " comment   ... ffs even Pell's lawyer doesn't seem to see too much harm in certain styles of sexual conduct with kids.

He's a trial lawyer, not an appeals lawyer.

Same reason you wouldn't want a diesel mechanic working on your motorbike.

2 hours ago, Nich... said:
On 06/03/2019 at 7:18 PM, eveln said:

He's a trial lawyer, not an appeals lawyer.

Same reason you wouldn't want a diesel mechanic working on your motorbike.

So, then why make an excuse ? I mean if it's just normal procedure an' all why the need to offer his emotional involvement as a reason for not going forward ? ... not that I really care  ... a mind that can produce that " vanilla " description is not one I care to have around

• Like 1

you guys are smarter than me,
how does Facebook AI censorship work?

Yesterday I went with a friend to the NGA,

while there we noticed an exhibit of nude photography, my friend took photos and tried to post them on facebook, one of the photos FB took an immediate dislike and would not post the photo

the other photos showed just as much flesh, so why did FB choose one photo to censor?

34 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

the other photos showed just as much flesh, so why did FB choose one photo to censor?

DO NOT QUESTION THE ALMIGHTY ALGORITHM

56 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

you guys are smarter than me,

while there we noticed an exhibit of nude photography, my friend took photos and tried to post them on facebook, one of the photos FB took an immediate dislike and would not post the photo

nipple quota ?

although maybe one had pubic hair, and facepage can't recognise that as naked in these strange times

• Haha 1

So, installing a new Corsair PSU into someone's machine and find the old screws are a bit reluctant so decide to use the ones included with the unit.

First 3 are fine but the last one feels like it's stripped out immediately before even bottoming out.  WTH?

So, fetch one of the old screws and it goes in just fine.

Eyesight is such that I can't see fine detail so well so I grab the magnifying glass.  The "screw" which I thought had stripped the thing out in fact has no thread at all.

Theory there that the machining process must have had some error and probably made an actual thread then somehow machined the screw to the diameter of the inside of the thread when backing out.

Odd Ry, like you I've installed multitudes of drives, never seen that.

Cheers

FFS run into an issue on my SQL server at work where someone decided it was good idea to use smallmoney as a data type.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

its probably pattern recognition using a neural network that is still in training, likely one that produces very few false positives at the expense of missing many more positives.

think of the sort of algorithm you could use to identify the presence of a passport-style face.  you'd be looking for two circles symmetrically offset from a vertical line above a horizontal line, and a set of min/max limits on proportions, eg. the mouth line never being a longer line than the distance between the eyes, distances to frame edges, etc etc.   its simple enough to imagine manually programming a set of rules that would work up to a point, but fail to identify faces taken side on, or with poor exposure, for example.  the amount of rules you would need to detect all possible occurrences of faces in any photo would quickly snowball beyond any human's ability to program. 

the power of neural networks is that "millions" of unitary cell-like programs making simple either/or weighted decisions work together like a hive mind until they eventually arrive at all necessary rules automatically, by being fed countless examples (eg. photos) and given positive/negative reinforcement on their response (face / not a face). there are choices to be made about structure, like how many of these cells in how many layers will be most efficient/reliable/etc, but the most fascinating part, to me at least, is once these neural networks are working reliably, the algorithm encoded into them is too complicated to be understood or reverse engineered. 

machine learning further automates the formulation and training neural networks, making the astronomical scale of training needed to reliably identify any nudie pic anywhere possible — but its imperfect and ongoing. 

Edited by @~thehung
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

But right wing d-bags are meant to stick together, Milo! 

You're making right wing d-bags look bad, lol

Got home for the long weekend to find a dead PC. Ugh. BCD issues, see how long this fix lasts.  Fiik why windows recovery can't just remake the boot partition, rather than my manually having to extract to the system drive.

52 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Apparently Milo has no money

People paid and will pay to see him here, he's got money ... maybe not in his own name (like lots of rich people do to hide from taxes).

9 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

People paid and will pay to see him here, he's got money ... maybe not in his own name (like lots of rich people do to hide from taxes).

I agree. Hence the "apparently" 

Two sets of mandarins, one used by 14/3/2019 and one 4/3/2019 ... guess which one I had chuck out. Yep the one supposedly more fresh

I caught a quick glimpse of Milo doing a bad Luis IV the other day

11 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Two sets of mandarins, one used by 14/3/2019 and one 4/3/2019 ... guess which one I had chuck out. Yep the one supposedly more fresh

Being born in a later year doesn't guarantee you won't die first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

Being born in a later year doesn't guarantee you won't die first.

I suspect those ones might have been stored badly, compared the older set.

• Like 1