Caelum

What's on your mind?

It can be a powder keg over there especially if the malay government mobilise the local malays against the Chinese (it's happened).

4 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

It can be a powder keg over there especially if the malay government mobilise the local malays against the Chinese (it's happened).

I'm not too surprised, but had not heard of it.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

There will no glass brick, sorry Apple Store, in Fed Square in Melbourne. Apple pulled plans to build one there after the heritage people said NO. I suspect a lot people will be very happy about that.

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

I suspect a lot people will be very happy about that.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse, Apple fucks

federation square is a great precinct in the cbd - my favourite buildings in melbourne (although the new railway building is also pretty sweet)

apple should have had half a clue as to the inappropriate nature of their fugly architecture in entirely a wrong spot

🙂

I guess the mac-folk will have to find the pretentious wonder-geeks somewhere else...Ballarat maybe ?  They seem to love Macs at the Uni there  🙂 (not )

Cheers

4 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

There will no glass brick, sorry Apple Store, in Fed Square in Melbourne. Apple pulled plans to build one there after the heritage people said NO. I suspect a lot people will be very happy about that.

not to worry, Gladys is probably already in negotiations to convert the Opera House into one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, @~thehung said:

not to worry, Gladys is probably already in negotiations to convert the Opera House into one.

nah, useless for projecting horse racing advertising

Weekend toil done. It looks like a lazy rainy Sunday for me . WoT has given me some premium days perhaps I should be there 😉

Protest doesn't amount to shit unless it's disruptive. 

Lots of peeps still hating on vegans, but they're more mainstream than they used to be, and that didn't happen by itself. If you want to shift the Overton window, you have to hit it hard. 

• Like 1

Mant meat eaters ate an extra steak tonight in protest of the protest I'd reckon. 

yeah, ms24  commented on it to me, and the concept of people becoming sympathetic to animals' suffering when they are stuck in traffic sorta neglects that the commuters are suffering animals, although they won't get killed inhumanely and eaten (unless they are exceedingly unlucky) into the bargain

i can just see the poor sympathiser in the masses of gridlock : "let me through, i'm rostered at a vegan restaurant..."

let's make people see our point more clearly by trapping animals in an inhumane enclosure - a car caught in traffic

I'm now just sitting here blissfully digesting the most superb Walt-cooked spag bol. done with lots of chuck steak ( diced by himself ) plenty of roma tomatoes and not a tin of sauce anywhere, pulse spagetti FTW.

1 hour ago, scruffy1 said:

let's make people see our point more clearly by trapping animals in an inhumane enclosure - a car caught in traffic 

... but but Kimmo says, " Protest doesn't amount to shit unless it's disruptive.  "  ... I reckon the protesters believe they got the animals approval to go ahead

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Anyone in South Australia, check your hot cross buns don't have ... bits of calculator in them , yes bits of a calculator. Work experience kid drop a calculator into a mixer?

I'm safe - ours are  made fresh at a local bakery, not supermarket bricks.

🙂

I think mother bought some from Baker's Delight.

They were ok, stopped making or eating them much years ago, had one to please her, they sort of lost their relevance, I'm not religious anyway but hocking them from Boxing Day was sort of missing the point.

As for all the new varieties - Hot Cross Bun Ice Cream!!!

For the long weekend I'll be making a fruit cake, well laced with brandy, keep teetotal mother quiet 🙂

(Not that I'll see much of her, big religious orgy is Easter.)

Cheers

Had to throw out more potatoes ... me thinks Darwin gets the leftover crap which is about to expire

O.M.F.G. !

Just got the power bill and it's under $400.00 

... That's not happened in years. Today is a great day 😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eveln said:

O.M.F.G. !

Just got the power bill and it's under $400.00 

... That's not happened in years. Today is a great day 😄

Was it 399.95?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Was it 399.95?