Caelum

What's on your mind?

Nothing inspires murderous mayhem in human beings more reliably than sexual repression. Denied food, water, or freedom of movement, people will get desperate and some may lash out at what they perceive as the source of their problems, albeit in a weakened state. But if expression of sexuality is thwarted, the human psyche tends to grow twisted into grotesque, enraged perversions of desire. Unfortunately, the distorted rage resulting from sexual repression rarely takes the form of rebellion against the people and institutions behind the repression. (If it did, perhaps we'd be reading of abused priests rather than priests as abusers.)  Instead, the rage is generally directed at helpless victims who are sacrificed to the sick gods of guilt, shame, and ignorant pride.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/sex-dawn/201004/sexual-repression

🙂

In other words Jesus was just trying to keep everyone happy  🙂

...you can't please all of the people all of the time   🙂

Cheers

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

Indeed.

Hopefully next cab off the rank is J&J my wife is dying because of those bastards.

Cheers

Johnson & Johnson?

9 hours ago, Kimmo said:

High five. Seven months here

good stuff ! ... when we were, um , conversing at an earlier time , I recall you saying that you had stopped smoking  ... but as we were referencing bongs and the like I thought it was that that you had stopped

Anyway Kimmo you will feel and look heaps better, if you don't already ... so again I say  " Good Stuff ! "

Give it a few more months and I will be writing my annual  " yay it's seven years no ciggies " post

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NZT48 said:

what God has joined together, let no one separate.

If you believe that, I wish you a good luck and happy 65 years.  Seriously - you're going to need all the luck you can get, because in all likelihood, you won't be able to stand each other before 3 decades are out.  That "one flesh" rubbish will probably not last even one.

9 hours ago, Cybes said:

If you believe that, I wish you a good luck and happy 65 years.  Seriously - you're going to need all the luck you can get, because in all likelihood, you won't be able to stand each other before 3 decades are out.  That "one flesh" rubbish will probably not last even one.

Well yes. ... but if it does, and I'm not saying a god has anything at all to do with it, then it's usually down to the two " bodies " just growing up and getting on with it ( life ). Nothing is ever in the moment ' always perfect '... but if the two bodies can occasionally ( at least 😝 ) look back and smile then I reckon that's pretty good.

On the other hand if looking back is a fricking horror show ( 😱 ) then, either those two bodies need to part, or, be given a very wide berth by all

3 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

[abortion ban]

You know they've seriously proposed jailing women (upto 30 years!) for having miscarriages, right?  Like anyone has one by choice.  Like 99.99% of women who do have one aren't massively upset (to the point of needing counseling) about it.

Don't know the status on the one - I can only hope it was hastily withdrawn by a sheepish-looking cretin pretending it never existed.

40 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

America is turning into the nightmare in the HandMaiden's Tale ... Christian Taliban

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/alabama-s-senate-has-passed-a-law-banning-nearly-all-abortions

Not been signed by the Governor yet and it has to get past other steps too apparently . Bottom of the link says no criminal charges for the female, but the abortionist could get seriously hefty jail time. It' s a stupid backward step by Alabama. 

1 minute ago, eveln said:

Not been signed by the Governor yet and it has to get past other steps too apparently . Bottom of the link says no criminal charges for the female, but the abortionist could get seriously hefty jail time. It' s a stupid backward step by Alabama. 

To be it is a trend considering like 16 other US states are borderline banning it as well. The Christian conservatives putting this stuff in before they grow old and drop dead.

Indeed.

I do not know if you know much about J&J but their involvement with mesh is a litany of denial and defeat, I do not know if she is even sane any more that's how badly it has torn my wife up.

Re the abortion situation I've stopped being surprised by anything backward from the majority of the southern states - Alabama is still trying to get over losing the was, the Civil one...

Not exactly cheery

17 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Indeed.

I do not know if you know much about J&J but their involvement with mesh is a litany of denial and defeat, I do not know if she is even sane any more that's how badly it has torn my wife up.

Re the abortion situation I've stopped being surprised by anything backward from the majority of the southern states - Alabama is still trying to get over losing the was, the Civil one...

Not exactly cheery

DPI_ARXX4AAa62N.jpg

26 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

To be it is a trend considering like 16 other US states are borderline banning it as well. The Christian conservatives putting this stuff in before they grow old and drop dead.

Only borderline so far. Thing is both sides of this argument need to meet in the middle ... I don't know how real the threat of full term abortions is, but it's not a great proposition. Now doubt the mum in that predicament would be suffering big time.

3 hours ago, Cybes said:

Like 99.99% of women who do have one aren't massively upset (to the point of needing counseling) about it.

Where did you get that statistic? By "needed" you mean "seeking"? What is the significance?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

Where did you get that statistic? By "needed" you mean "seeking"? What is the significance?

You may have missed the sarcasm? 

22 hours ago, fliptopia said:

I know I did . It's really not an unimaginable statistic, imo * shrugs *

For miscarriages it is probably not far off the mark.

People are reasonably well educated these days, miscarriages are not at all uncommon - natures way of saying try again.

Abortions can be a different story but not by much,  a conscious decision rather than one taken out of a woman's hands and one that she is fully entitled to make, or should be, ignorant cretins aside.

Cheers

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

People are reasonably well educated these days, miscarriages are not at all uncommon - natures way of saying try again.

Abortions can be a different story but not by much,  a conscious decision rather than one taken out of a woman's hands and one that she is fully entitled to make, or should be, ignorant cretins aside.

Cheers

In 7 states in USA, a rapist can claim custody over his child of the rape victim. There are Maryland, Alabama, Mississippi, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wyoming and New Mexico. Yes one of those is Alabama!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/in-7-us-states-rape-victims-can-be-legally-forced-to-share-custody-of-their-children-with-their-rapist-fathers

Yeah nah. It's like a dumpster fire where the dumpster is full of things that crawled up arses and died. 

On 5/14/2019 at 7:11 PM, Kimmo said:

I read it a couple of times and I still haven't noticed any "murderous mayhem". We pretty much all draw the line somewhere between what sexuality is acceptable and what is not, be it homosexuality, adultery, under-age sex, bestiality, necrophilia or prostitution. I think the line should be drawn with God's will in mind.

On 5/15/2019 at 8:51 PM, fliptopia said:

I did not detect any sarcasm.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:38 PM, chrisg said:

How many miscarriages do you know of? I can only think of two that I know. In both cases the mother was very upset.

I don't think nature would produce a miscarriage in order to say "try again". I would think that would discourage the mother.

21 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

In 7 states in USA, a rapist can claim custody over his child of the rape victim. There are Maryland, Alabama, Mississippi, Minnesota, North Dakota, Wyoming and New Mexico. Yes one of those is Alabama!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/in-7-us-states-rape-victims-can-be-legally-forced-to-share-custody-of-their-children-with-their-rapist-fathers

Good. The circumstances surrounding conception do not alter the value of a paternal relationship.

Abortion is evil.

27 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I think the line should be drawn with God's will in mind.

I think your God should stay the fuck out of it

I think the line should be drawn at :

1) don't fuck people that don't want to be fucked

2) leave your children and babies the fuck alone . ... go wank your self to death instead.

3) if you don't understand the above.  ... then still go wank yourself to death ... you will feel great glory during your departure from this earth

32 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

How many miscarriages do you know of? I can only think of two that I know. In both cases the mother was very upset.

I don't think nature would produce a miscarriage in order to say "try again". I would think that would discourage the mother.

Try actually talking to a women

33 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

Good. The circumstances surrounding conception do not alter the value of a paternal relationship.

In advance: sorry for the personal reference. but ...

you be  a fucking idiot, you know that ?!

• Like 1

Walt can see again. huge relief that is. great week.

/ I'm putting the positive ahead of the negative of the rest of the week

• Like 2

So "homosexuality, adultery, bestiality, necrophilia [and] prostitution" are okay by you?

Why do you draw the line where you do?

8 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

So "homosexuality, adultery, bestiality, necrophilia [and] prostitution" are okay by you?

Why do you draw the line where you do?

well bestiality and necrophilia ... mmm you never going to get consent from the former and the latter are dead. I'd say those committing those acts are in need of help and guidance perhaps.

A couple married / or not  have sex with no actual payment crossing their palms ... a prostitute has sex and payment is paid. Both experiences leave someone fulfilled and ready to carry on their life ... that's quite fine by me

• Like 3