Caelum

What's on your mind?

Actually I know personally of a very considerable number of miscarriages, of course it is upsetting but it happens and much more frequently than people realise. Most commonly in the very early stages of pregnancy but not always.

My wife lost twins at somewhere around five months, my own mother lost a baby before me. In both cases they went on to have children, in my mother's case a total of five.

My second daughter could easily have miscarried, in fact we did think we would lose her but she was and is made of tougher stuff than that.

Great news on Walt Ev,

Cheers

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NZT48 said:

We pretty much all draw the line somewhere between what sexuality is acceptable and what is not, be it homosexuality, adultery, under-age sex, bestiality, necrophilia or prostitution. I think the line should be drawn with God's will in mind.

I'll give you a small piece of advice.  If you don't even know what sexuality is, no-one is going to really take your 'opinions' seriously on it.

• Like 2

Fans aren't happy with the GoT finale ... at all. I knew what was going to happen from leaked spoilers.

If you needed leaked spoilers to see that coming, you must be new to the show and its fandom.

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

If you needed leaked spoilers to see that coming, you must be new to the show and its fandom.

Eh I already knew

Jon was going to kill Dany.

Eh I already knew you weren't going to try and hide spoilers, but c'mon dude.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Actually I was watching the ABC election coverage, and GoT spoilers started popping up on the live chat.

Edited by Jeruselem

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Eh I already knew ______________________________________

yeah well thanks for that Jeruselem, ya fucking dickhead!

50 minutes ago, Nich... said:

and boo! to you nich, for not modding it away /smh

I have no idea if that's an actual spoiler or a troll, but I was kind of hoping there'd be an edit by now.

Yet to watch any of GoT ...

the election was sort of "red wedding" with less nuptials

and i haven't watched g.o.t. at all - although i admit to looking at some pictures of the dragon girl when her clothes burnt off... and yes, there's definitely some incentive to check it out there

the story, not so much

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Yet to watch any of GoT ...

26 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

and i haven't watched g.o.t. at all - although i admit to looking at some pictures of the dragon girl when her clothes burnt off.

Binge watched the first season, and that was pretty cool.  Well acted, beautifully produced, a tonne of potential story lines, and I was curious to see where they went with it.  Bought the boxed set to end of season 6, and never watched another moment of it - still in the shrink wrap. 😕  Sometimes I wonder about me.

Still, I'd just got through with True Blood (also an HBO production), and that had basically gone steadily downhill.  Maybe I didn't trust GoT not to do the same.

most "recent" long series, with the notable exception of breaking bad, are sadly underwhelming as they attempt to stretch a few more seasons' sales from diminishing interest

17 hours ago, Cybes said:

Binge watched the first season, and that was pretty cool.  Well acted, beautifully produced, a tonne of potential story lines, and I was curious to see where they went with it.  Bought the boxed set to end of season 6, and never watched another moment of it - still in the shrink wrap. 😕  Sometimes I wonder about me.

Still, I'd just got through with True Blood (also an HBO production), and that had basically gone steadily downhill.  Maybe I didn't trust GoT not to do the same.

Lol Cybes, you'll be bored shitless sometime with the urge to watch some meaningful crap. ...if not sell it on eBay in a year or so 😉

19 hours ago, Cybes said:

I still have boxes of DVDs for TV shows I bought back in the 90s/early 00s that are shrink wrapped, waiting for me to magically find enough time.

I just love spending 1300 on a new air con in my unit to replace a just 5 year old one ... yay

On 5/18/2019 at 4:27 PM, Nich... said:

I'll give you a small piece of advice.  If you don't even know what sexuality is, no-one is going to really take your 'opinions' seriously on it.

Okay; so I should have said "expression". I think everyone knows what I mean though.

People can guess at what you mean, but that depends on how charitable they are with you.

homosexuality, adultery, under-age sex, bestiality, necrophilia or prostitution.

For instance, I'm not going to charitably go out of my way to try and work out why anyone would be trying to link all of those things together and want to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

I still have boxes of DVDs for TV shows I bought back in the 90s/early 00s that are shrink wrapped, waiting for me to magically find enough time.

you should have them buried with you when the time arrives

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, scruffy1 said:
12 hours ago, Nich... said:

still have boxes of DVDs for TV shows I bought back in the 90s/early 00s that are shrink wrapped, waiting for me to magically find enough time.

you should have them buried with you when the time arrives

I can see Nich being buried in a material that will suitably break down creating food for the tree/s of his choice to grow above  him ... not sure boxed DCDs are gonna work so well with that .

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eveln said:

I can see Nich being buried in a material that will suitably break down creating food for the tree/s of his choice to grow above  him

Ahm... Nich is going to create food for the tree.  Assuming he goes that route.

Which I really like, btw.  Deader and family get a marker, tree gets a head start, and the world gets to sequester some measure of carbon for a while -wins all 'round.

Posted (edited)

Foxtel are now pretty much begging customers to stay. They needed 300 million loan for the parent company to keep afloat recently. A business model were ... you pay good money and you pay to get spammed by ads is just wrong. Youtube is free but you get ads. Pay youtube some some money and the ads go way.

Edited by Jeruselem

18 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Ahm... Nich is going to create food for the tree.  Assuming he goes that route.

Which I really like, btw.  Deader and family get a marker, tree gets a head start, and the world gets to sequester some measure of carbon for a while -wins all 'round.

this is an idea that might have traction as a business, really

i expect the embalmers and coffin sales people and planet warming cremation industry would disapprove ("for health and safety reasons"), but the virtue of being wrapped in some unbleached hemp cloth and dropped under a native tree sapling that is tended to self sufficient viability is a lovely thing

personally, burial a sea, or the tibetan "air burial" are both okay by me too

25 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Foxtel are now pretty much begging customers to stay. They needed 300 million loan for the parent company to keep afloat recently. A business model were ... you pay good money and you pay to get spammed by ads is just wrong. Youtube is free but you get ads. Pay youtube some some money and the ads go way.

Between Ghostery and YouTube Enhancer (FF plugin), I have no idea what YT ads even look like on desktop any more.  Still get 'em on the 'phone, of course.