Jump to content
Caelum

What's on your mind?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, eveln said:

Curious to know Kimmo , which figure did you know first ? 

 

Eh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kimmo said:
15 hours ago, eveln said:

Curious to know Kimmo , which figure did you know first ? 

 

Eh? 

months or years ? most think of years first ... either way, it is an impressive amount of time ( these days ) to spend in the one dwelling .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we've been here at the same address just over 27 years

 

in that time the house has gained a storey and a few modifications, plus a pair of offspring

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow 😲

A ten year old building is too old to be held by warranty ... well isn't that a fine testament to life ?!

... no wonder the average shoe bought today lasts not much more than a few months before disintegrating from under one's foot

... just a bit trickier to throw away a building is all

Edited by eveln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These apartment developments everywhere are a fucking disease.

 

The quality seems to vary enormously, I was in one not far away where they bought a Bluetooth remote speaker because the neighbours complained about their TV volume.

At least most of them seem to use concrete walls between the apartments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rybags said:

These apartment developments everywhere are a fucking disease.

 

The quality seems to vary enormously, I was in one not far away where they bought a Bluetooth remote speaker because the neighbours complained about their TV volume.

At least most of them seem to use concrete walls between the apartments.

 

The quality of the concrete is another matter though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🙂

 

Depends how strong their password protection is I guess. Unfortunately from some experience I had doing work for them a few years ago it quite possibly is not particularly robust.

 

Then again although they do share commonality so for example when I moved to S.A. from W.A. they were able to find my records and tell me when I was due an eye test they are actually individually owned franchise stores. I didn't know that, until I moved States I had always thought they were all one company.

 

Cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

 

Depends how strong their password protection is I guess. Unfortunately from some experience I had doing work for them a few years ago it quite possibly is not particularly robust.

 

Then again although they do share commonality so for example when I moved to S.A. from W.A. they were able to find my records and tell me when I was due an eye test they are actually individually owned franchise stores. I didn't know that, until I moved States I had always thought they were all one company.

 

Cheers

 

 

 

I guess there is a central server, the one stolen might have been a downstream server,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non IT management asset management people  have no idea about IT assets ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gold has hit $AUD 2000 per ounce. People are stacking on the Gold in preparation for a bad economic event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nowhere near the peak prices around 2011-13 and also consider the $AUD isn't exactly high.

 

And it's actually fluctuated up and down from mid  $USD  $1100s to mid $1300s regularly in the last 5 years - currently $1380

https://goldprice.org/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×