Caelum

What's on your mind?

StupidShitFuck LG phone.  Press the on button and it's totally not responding to any screen input, never done that in over 2 years.

Do stuff like long hold power to see if any of those items work, and no.  Double-press volume and the quick launch works but still no go.

Can't even power off normally since no screen input.  So pull the battery.

Starts up and gets to launcher and nearly full initialisation then just reboots.  Gets to launcher and hey presto!   All icons and folders gone, including the phone, contacts etc from the dock.

Now to sit down and reconstruct what I had.

^^ needs a beverage of the alcoholic variety

...so did the sniffing in the supermarket tonight ...confirmed my weirdness-factor to randoms ... ended up with some Galas

You should sniff fruit though. Especially pineapples but scent usually helps indicate flavour. 

not usually prone to sniffing apples. tend to judge by look and weight mostly

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-12/bupas-ninth-aged-care-home-sanctioned-in-12-months/10647436

BUPA has so many "non-compliant" nursing homes, it seems they don't seem to be changing their behavior running the homes even after getting sanctioned. I guess their health insurance arm is like rivers of gold and they can take the hit.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Rybags said:

StupidShitFuck LG phone.  Press the on button and it's totally not responding to any screen input, never done that in over 2 years.

Do stuff like long hold power to see if any of those items work, and no.  Double-press volume and the quick launch works but still no go.

Can't even power off normally since no screen input.  So pull the battery.

Starts up and gets to launcher and nearly full initialisation then just reboots.  Gets to launcher and hey presto!   All icons and folders gone, including the phone, contacts etc from the dock.

Now to sit down and reconstruct what I had.

🙂

Phones just die Ry, hardly surprising, we do not exactly treat them very kindly.

i'm having a serious look at my plan right now, I must have had a blonde moment a couple of years ago and signed up for a 36 month plan - I'm not sure any modern cell really lasts that long, but I think Vodaphone are offering me an out with a new phone with more features for less money... I think...  🙂

It's the nature of the game, The Shockwave Rider has been here especially when it comes to mobile phones for a long time   🙂

Cheers

Days like this one make life worth living 

Heh,

Not what he is doing though, branching out on his own with Apple claiming they will be his biggest customer.

That did not stop Apple stock from shedding a few billion but hey, what's a few billion on paper ?

Cheers

You do have to wonder, not much use having buildings with no one in them.

Cheers

Fridaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

• Like 1

!!!

Geez man....

I sort of try to avoid the place although I did fly a little to close to it in the late 70s apparently,. Was nearly in a deal of trouble but pulled strings,.

So now it's a tourist attraction ?

Do tell 🙂

Cheers

21 minutes ago, chrisg said:

!!!

Geez man....

I sort of try to avoid the place although I did fly a little to close to it in the late 70s apparently,. Was nearly in a deal of trouble but pulled strings,.

So now it's a tourist attraction ?

Do tell 🙂

Cheers

Did a flying visit last year but going back with the family to have a better look around. Not the easiest place to get to being 270K's west of Coober Pedy through the Woomera exclusion zone and the Great Victorian Desert. After that we continue another 300k's west before heading south to Cook on the Transcontinental rail line and then exit at the Nullabour roadhouse.

🙂

There's an awful lot of nothing out there, but that can have its attractions sometimes  🙂

Enjoy it anyway   🙂

Cheers

6 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

There's an awful lot of nothing out there, but that can have its attractions sometimes  🙂

Enjoy it anyway   🙂

Cheers

There is an awful lot of something. The Australian outback is awesome. 

Posted (edited)

A reminder when the UK used Australia as it's testing ground ... Australian's were guinea pigs

Edited by Jeruselem

I've no idea if they are still there but way back in the 70s I was forced by weather to cross close enough to the exclusion zone and happened to see WWII fighters that looked remarkably intact sitting on a spartan airstrip.

A rather naive friend of mine wondered if they could not be salvaged - doubt it very much but next thing I knew I had some Government dude calling me and threatening me, not sure exactly with what but he was decidedly unpleasant.

Fortunately I had then and sort of still have a sufficiently high security clearance that I was within my rights to be where I was but it took a bit of proving.

In the end I was given a bit of a reproof for having to change my flight plan and for mentioning it to my mate but it stopped there,.Whomever the guy was apparently my clearance went higher than his 🙂

Never been anywhere near the place again, didn't really want to be there in the first place but did not have much choice.

Cheers

Employer is trying to meet the ATO 'ATO requirements - Electronic Data Storage' and it's funny because the myGov system isn't actually a beacon of reliability ...

5 hours ago, NZT48 said:

God is great.

🙂

So you keep saying - preaching to the nonconvertible I suspect...

Cheers

Hmm,

Rather unfortunate but I don't much care for bourbon... Jamie did, probably having a minor sob somewhere...

Cheers