Caelum

What's on your mind?

58 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

God is great.

Which one?

Hmm.

Won't directly affect us, the equatorial divide will keep it north, bad news for the planet just the same.

Cheers

Geeze!  no one has anything at all to say ?! ... I'm diligently working atm, that's my excuse. What about the rest of you ???? 😉

Posted (edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 9:35 AM, Jeruselem said:

i am calling bullshit on that study — filtered through the lens of that article at least.  (even if did point out they "observed an association and did not prove cause and effect" as an afterthought)

confounding factors, anyone? 0_o

"Participants with a high chilli consumption had a lower income and BMI, and were more physically active compared with non-consumers".  

ha yeah: the most underpaid, overworked, and underfed.  those who labour outside, or are crammed onto a factory lines.  people who cant afford to be picky about where they live and what they consume.

...in a country plagued by poor air quality, and water and soil contamination issues; with an average life expectancy still trailing developed world.  those who have historically been the least able to minimise their long term exposure to detriment...who were in their forties, in the nineties.  people less likely to be well educated or have the luxury of an intellectually stimulating life.  in other words, chilli-eating motherfuckers who are probably biologically older than the rest?  what? these people's memories might be degrading faster? quelle surprise!

"In certain regions of China such as Sichuan and Hunan, almost one in three adults consume spicy food, including chilli, daily" the study reads.  Sichuan, btw, has the third lowest disposable income per household among 31 provinces.  maybe the study should be more interested in how many heavy metals they consume daily instead?

Edited by @~thehung
  • Like 1

A lot has happened since I've last been on....

I've have had to most of my teeth removed, became, a motorist.... and ran into a mountain... the Kurada Range road is a puta of a road

Did you mean the Kuranda Range road @BookWorm.303 , and are you okay ? I've not driven it in a few years, but that road is lethal !

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Did you mean the Kuranda Range road @BookWorm.303 , and are you okay ? I've not driven it in a few years, but that road is lethal !

Yup, i sun out a few months ago, and clobbered a dirt embankment.

I had to replace three shock absorber mounts

if that's the road up from cairns, it's a pretty civil stretch of bends

i drove it on the queen's birthday weekend this year, and wished i'd been on the gtr250, apart from my fatigue

Posted (edited)

Last time I was in a vehicle on that stretch ( Kuranda ) there was dense cloud, thick like fog. pretty scary tbh.

2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

if that's the road up from cairns, it's a pretty civil stretch of bends

Over the years they've civilised the drive between Port Douglas and Cairns. You still get fools who take the bends on the wrong side.

2 hours ago, BookWorm.303 said:

Yup, i sun out a few months ago, and clobbered a dirt embankment.

I had to replace three shock absorber mounts

Running into a mountain is never a really healthy thing to do ... glad you be here to tell the tale 🙂

Edited by eveln

You know that feeling when you have a chest infection and you can feel a vibration when you breathe? Well, I thought maybe I was in that boat, until I realised it was independent of my breathing. Seems there's some significant turbulence in my circulatory system... I found that a bit alarming. 

So now I'm chilling in the emergency dept waiting room, on my GP's advice, after he did a few tests... more tests required. Hope I'm not here all evening... 

...And by the time I saw the doc, it had stopped. Of course, now I'm home, it's back. 

He said it might be some sort of muscle tremor, which I guess could be on the money. Pretty weird, though

I sometimes pull my phone out of my shirt pocket thinking it's vibrating but it's not.

I suspect it's probabaly not crackly chest (which is usually clear) but some sort of amplification of something else being transmitted through the ribs - usually only happens if I'm standing or walking.

next time it happens, check your apex beat (the thump that your heart makes between the ribs under your left nipple), or easier still, clap on a stethoscope if you have one

that vibration might be atrial fibrillation - though your doc should have heard that if it was happening during the examination (if they checked your heart as well as your lungs)

22 hours ago, eveln said:

Running into a mountain is never a really healthy thing to do ... glad you be here to tell the tale 🙂

better to hit the mountain than go airborne off the other side of the road

7 hours ago, scruffy1 said:
On 28/07/2019 at 12:17 AM, eveln said:

better to hit the mountain than go airborne off the other side of the road

...or an oncoming vehicle.

Still though, is healthy to try and avoid all, if at all possible, yes ?

Posted (edited)

Hmm.

An unusual problem for the NT to need to deal with - usually it's awash.

I don't have a very high regard for NT poliies, are they blustering yet ?

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

Posted (edited)

The season before this one was too wet due a cyclone but this time round we didn't get one. The NT isn't the best place for farming ... the weather is too extreme even for Australian standards

Edited by Jeruselem

i remember that they trailed rice at humpty do, the result of which was a huge influx of water birds that ate it

my mum tried a veggie garden in parap, and everything (that an established melbernian gardener might grow) rotted shortly after it sprouted

God is great.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:04 PM, Nich... said:

Which one?

The same one I was referring to last time you asked that question.