Caelum

What's on your mind?

No, Cant say I'm surprised at all, but I am offended.

America already has restricted sale of the F-22, totally - too late now anyway, the lines are closed, and is being very selective with the F-35.

i can't see the Israelis standing still for this - knowing them they have probably already blocked the ET 'phone home syndrome... 😉

Cheers

🙂

They were not a metre tall but the NZers very quickly learned in that odd period in the 70s of Vinyl Topped cars that for some treason the Kia, I think it was called, did not like them and tore them off at every opportunity.

Personally I think Kias (?) had more sense of style than their human counterparts .... 🙂

Cheers

4 hours ago, Nich... said:

Nah, Ben's alright, still.

He gets points and major creds for his work in keeping this place alive, and it is fitting that NZT48 acknowledges this with regularity

• Like 1

I think a bug has crept into Firefox.  The last week or so the rendering on some sites while loading just looks totally wrong/messy/unprofessional, like large serif font that then goes non serif and smaller, or reserved picture regions that are the wrong size then corrected.

Only happens on some sites though and as luck would have it the only one I currently have going that's doing it is a private work site.

12 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Yeah... I should have done something about it a few years ago.  Got one with them that was going well for a while but lately seems to barely beat inflation.

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

I think a bug has crept into Firefox.  The last week or so the rendering on some sites while loading just looks totally wrong/messy/unprofessional, like large serif font that then goes non serif and smaller, or reserved picture regions that are the wrong size then corrected.

Only happens on some sites though and as luck would have it the only one I currently have going that's doing it is a private work site.

They changed something a version or few back to do dynamicrendering I think, to speed up compositing.  Maybe?

their new "images" page is rather crap too when you choose to preview a link

but i love the fox, and won't be abandoning them- they'll fix it at some point

Hope all you lot south of the border are keeping warm.

Posted (edited)

I'm expecting my sister's little dog to resemble an ice block soon ...

Edited by Jeruselem

The GWS vs Hawthorn game is here tonight - I was tempted to go but it's likely to be raining for much of it, windy as well, and probably 2 degrees by shortly after half time (7:50pm start)

Up here it's finally started to be the sort of weather everyone comes here for... been waiting all winter for it.

Although it's cold as frig, I've been getting the hay fever symptoms at times and the pollen index is way up too.

7 hours ago, Rybags said:

The GWS vs Hawthorn game is here tonight - I was tempted to go but it's likely to be raining for much of it, windy as well, and probably 2 degrees by shortly after half time (7:50pm start)

Beware ! Spoiler Alert in link !!

... did you go and get snowed upon  Rybags ?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-09/snow-falls-on-afl-game-between-gws-and-hawthorn-in-canberra/11392482

I was elsewhere for a while and caught the second half on TV @ home.  The temperature was about 4.5 at the start of the game and 2.5 at the end of it.

Sort of funny, you could see the rain on the TV but I'm all of about 8 km away and it was clear here much of the time.

I've got this prick of a sinus infection ATM that's been lingering over a week and a half so probably a good idea I didn't go out.

15 hours ago, Rybags said:

I've got this prick of a sinus infection ATM that's been lingering over a week and a half so probably a good idea I didn't go out.

good call.

what a great pic. sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I not be there to have taken it

• Haha 1

🙂

That 'roo is one smart cookie - very adaptable to temperature extremes are 'roos.

Cheers

OMM  ... there are chicken marylands being cooked meters away from me 😋