Caelum

What's on your mind?

13 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Frazier - his brother Niles, couldn't stand him.

i disliked Niles for a while, but the skill of the actor grew on me.  it was the father i couldnt stand.  written poorly, yes, but holy jesus what a thoroughly unlikable overacting twat.  still, it was the housekeeper and her bullshit accent that made me switch channels.

BBT is perhaps the biggest and longest turd TV has ever produced.

• Like 1

Good Times - yep, JJ was cool, that show was on my regular viewing list.

2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I kinda liked the Dyn-o-mite guy from Good Times.

Automatic association that shows my age:

Here's some equal opportunity for you : It seems three young teen girls ( 12, 13, 14)  are responsible for the fires in NSW just now

Posted (edited)

Fark... (fires)

The funny thing about JJ and Good Times - for years I thought that John Amos (who played his father) had actually died off-season and that's why they killed off his character.

But it turns out he didn't like the stereotype that JJ portrayed and preferred the angle of a struggling family improving themselves but the writers preferred the clown show, and fired him due to constant grievances.

So, maybe it wasn't a case of good acting when he was mad at JJ (which it seemed was much of the time).

Edited by Rybags

Posted (edited)

bloody hell

the front of my car and windscreen are plastered hard and dry with a week's worth of the bodies of every dusk-flying thing that is . so this morning there's some rain type stuff and being the multi-tasker supreme I put the car out to catch some wetness whilst I do other stuffs ( havin' a wee spell from the toil just now )  ... and well, the rain stops 😠

Edited by eveln
  • Haha 1

Heh.

Know what you mean, someone once said that if you could put that stuff in a tube you'd shave ome damned good glue  🙂

BugsOff or similar is pretty good at dissolving it though.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

We're gunna win!!!

or not...

Threw away the review option on an LBW that never would be then missed out on one that was highly probable the next over.

But worse, Lyon fumbled a return that would have been a certain runout.

Edited by Rybags

🙂

KRudd may be a bit yesterday but he sure called it as he sees it on the Project last night.

During a discussion about Trump and China, Aly reminded him that Trump was the "author" of  "The Art of the Deal" to which Rudd immediately replied "Yes, and it's bullshit."

He DID seem a bit embarrassed after for saying that on live TV, but never a truer word was spoken... 🙂

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

How is that not just another fiat currency?

I'm guessing it's the prototype replacement crypto version of the yuan which like all currencies will die.

🙂

Depends if China backs it or just sets it free.

If China underwrites it it is Fiat, if not it is Crypto.

It seems China intends to guarantee it, so yes, if they do it is Fiat.

Which does however make you wonder why they are bothering.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Well thank you Australia post, international parcel from overseas went to the wrong person because they put the Australia post stick on the wrong parcel.

The original tracking number on the package doesn't match the one I have.

Instead of an Intel 4004 chip I got some crappy skateboard parts!

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

It seems China intends to guarantee it, so yes, if they do it is Fiat.

Which does however make you wonder why they are bothering.

Cheers

so they can track all finances like they track faces

techno-totalitarianism is so much easier than analogue means of subjugation

8 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

even if China backs it, how is it not still a cryptocurrency?

• Like 1

It is a cryptocurrency, my bad for being slack, but if China underwrites it it is still Fiat, because that is what defines a currency that qualifies as being Fiat, to be all circular 🙂

Actually I think scruffy has hit the nail on the head, the same thought had crossed my mind.

Money laundering and tax avoidance, despite the high risk, are rife in China so as scruffy says, one more way to tighten the noose.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Iran are testing a new missile it seems by seem to be blowing up on the launch pad like the German V2s. Could be testing a new design multi-stage missile or something.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/iranian-rocket-launch-pad-explosion-caught-on-satellite-photo-20190830-p52mc2.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1567125737

Edited by Jeruselem

🙂

She's way down in Esperance Ev, far from the effects - Perth is getting a drenching though...

Cheers

We've had a couple of luvly early Spring-like days here, where, in the early morn. I've opened up the back door to the morn. air ... and yet at Coff's Harbour  it be hailing cold

As it happens that's where I am for the last couple of days - utterly pissed down virtually the moment I got here, didn't have hail though a mate went for a walk the next morning and there was parts of the breakwater that had packed ice still there.

Gladly it's not been back, a little bit of rain yesterday and supposedly sunny for the rest of the next few days.

Newcastle (where I was Wednesday) and Sydney now seem to be copping the brunt of it.

Shitbag arsonists set fire to lorry trailers (full of spare parts for washing machines & fridges) opposite our depot causing £2million damage.

I suspect they'll get a slap on the wrists !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7413671/Five-teenage-boys-aged-15-19-arrested-arson-inferno-Whirlpool-factory.html?ico=pushly-notifcation-small