Caelum

What's on your mind?

I, amongst others here, keep saying that the parties have drifted to the right of the political spectrum, and some keep denying it.  Well, it may be helpful to take a look back at what 'Republican' used to mean back in those hallowed '40s that so many want to get back to.

I've spent about five-ish hours over the last two days conversing with someone who actually listened to the info I have to impart and takes it on board, and when making the final decision takes my suggestion. I have no degree in anything, just experience.

They however are a Dr. of Neuroscience  ( if that's how you phrase it ). I was ignorant of this until after the decision making had been concluded. farrrk

25 minutes ago, chrisg said:

So, Um, when do Neuroscientists actually DO anything ?

https://pni.princeton.edu/undergraduate-concentration/careers-neuroscience

Seems to be a degree designed to teach people to get the same degree, ad infinitum.

No wonder you taught them something new, you were starting with a clean slate  🙂

Cheers

Lordy but this ^^ is so full of small minded jealousy.

🙂

Not at all - great scam if you can wing it   🙂

Cheers

5 minutes ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Not at all - great scam if you can wing it   🙂

Cheers

Well. Seeing as how you think you're a the great scammer extraordinaire, I guess you might know 

A scam would imply benefit, not seeing any....

Cheers

Completed the missing link a couple of days ago - I've now prettymuch travelled the entire length of the Princes Highway.

The missing bit being between the Bermagui turnoff and Bega (about 52 km worth)

The thing about this road - south of Nowra it's mostly 2-way and fairly ordinary and even crap in places, but from travelling it and Monaro Highway in both states, NSW doesn't fare too badly compared to Victoria for the major highways (there was a time when the Hume in Vic shit all over the quality of the NSW one from Albury to near Gundagai).

Thought bubble #2 - tempted to pay the bucks and go to the NRL Grand Final (ticket alone would likely be a touch over $250).  But the seats on offer are near the corner post and I'd probably have to stay way out and get train/bus/whatever to the event.

And I'm currently 350km south of Wollongong which would be the closest (to me now) accomodation option and sort of CBF'd driving that then following up with another 2.5 hours to get home the next day.

Trying not to burn the house down (I'm consigned to a cold garage doing this)

Nearly done the Parallel connections (the safe bit).. Soon be time to do the Serial connections !

LQOLVAg.jpg

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

On 10/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, eveln said:

Lordy but this ^^ is so full of small minded jealousy.

Didn't you know that Christopher was once a neuroscientist back in the day?

He was also a paramedic prior to that.

Did you know he once witnessed a Harley Davidson accident and when the ambulance turned up, they got schooled because they didn't know what to do about the rider's broken legs, so Christopher told them to stand back and he straightened them legs out all by himself!

I guess he learned how to do that during his previous career as a rally car driver. Duh!

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Outcast_Aussie said:

Trying not to burn the house down (I'm consigned to a cold garage doing this)

Nearly done the Parallel connections (the safe bit).. Soon be time to do the Serial connections !

LQOLVAg.jpg

• Like 1

🙂

I'm glad you asked, because I'm buggered if I know   🙂

Cheers

5 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

I'm glad you asked, because I'm buggered if I know   🙂

Cheers

This surprises me.

Gee I hope not, they have been the major moderating influence in the mess that is Hong Kong's relations with China. Not often recognised as such but by having a foot in both camps so to speak they have quietly provided good counsel.

The reasons would not be hard to find I suppose, especially the ongoing turmoil in Hong Kong but I would not have thought of them as a bank to get overly leveraged.

Cheers

That's just usual financial institution behavior.  Get rid of a few thousand then employ a couple of thousand back office replacements from some 3rd-World shithole at 10% of the hourly rate.

42 minutes ago, Rybags said:

That's just usual financial institution behavior.  Get rid of a few thousand then employ a couple of thousand back office replacements from some 3rd-World shithole at 10% of the hourly rate.

Given the US banks have to take BILLIONS in overnight repos from the US Fed to stay solvent, I think there's an underlying issue there not being mentioned.

Posted (edited)

Getting a decent edge on my blade - and being able to shave arm hair with just the weight of the knife.  👌🔪🔪🥩

Edited by DEVERE
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

6 hours ago, DEVERE said:

Getting a decent edge on my blade - and being able to shave arm hair with just the weight of the knife.  👌🔪🔪🥩

Keep all mine like that.  Scares and/or cuts n00bs 'helping' in the kitchen, but I think once you know not to be an idiot they actually results in fewer injuries.  And cleaner ones if you do mess up (tried to catch one I'd dropped - I know not to do that!)

18 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Given the US banks have to take BILLIONS in overnight repos from the US Fed to stay solvent, I think there's an underlying issue there not being mentioned.

Underlying issues that go unmentioned is the planetary business model, innit.

9 hours ago, Cybes said:

Keep all mine like that.  Scares and/or cuts n00bs 'helping' in the kitchen, but I think once you know not to be an idiot they actually results in fewer injuries.  And cleaner ones if you do mess up (tried to catch one I'd dropped - I know not to do that!)

Kinda have to keep mine extra sharp in my business haha - but they get a lot of use so they get extra sharpening.  Yeah - the one dance I had to learn real quick was dancing out of the way of a falling knife.  Had one glance off the side of my knee a few years ago - scared me shitless, let me tell you!