Caelum

What's on your mind?

I guess that is what we deserve for being complacent with such fractional reserve banking.

27 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I guess that is what we deserve for being complacent with such fractional reserve banking.

Printing money out of thin air based on nothing has consequences.

• Like 1

🙂

Money in the existential end is a fiction, a shared hallucination really, but we seem to have no choice but to keep believing in it.

Cheers

I have no idea where Zero Hedge got their info from but no confirmation about Deutsche Bank, we'll see tomorrow ...

17 hours ago, chrisg said:

Money in the existential end is a fiction, a shared hallucination really, but we seem to have no choice but to keep believing in it.

Maybe there should be an alternative on the table. 

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

Maybe there should be an alternative on the table. 

Indeed there should be but as long as humans prefer to claw over each other in pursuit of some mythical high ground I have no idea what it could be.

Cheers

Maybe start with that crab mentality. I know a good inoculation for that...

31 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Maybe start with that crab mentality. I know a good inoculation for that...

🙂

There is a trend apparent that is very cyclical in history - money is becoming concentrated in far too few hands.

Eventually that results in revolution.

I have a tendency to believe that on this cycle we may just break free of that. Various initiatives, not least cryptocurrency, are rendering money obsolete which could well have a ripple effect on politics.

Then it's a whole new deal 🙂

Cheers

I think it's a bit hopeful to imagine the house of cards collapsing before the actual house collapses... 

OMM...

* it used to shit me off that people ridiculed Gillard for her manner of speech and somehow that added to her unsuitability as PM 😕 ... there were other things imo, that made her unsuitable in the end ...

* fucking head cold is pissing me right off.

Oh, it is very likely that the whole tottering edifice will collapse, I just do not know how we stop it from happening.

Cheers

Gillard's Kath & Kim emulation with the speaking was just about the least of her problems.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:29 PM, chrisg said:

What does that mean?

12 hours ago, Rybags said:

Gillard's Kath & Kim emulation with the speaking was just about the least of her problems.

Thing is, some knob thought that was more relatable than her own diction.  She and Alexander Downer both were "made over" because some fuckheads thought they sounded "too posh" for regular Aussies.

And the horrible thing is, those fuckheads were probably right. 😕

I never thought of Gillard as posh.  The demeanor to me is like the semi-rural housewife who thinks she's a cut above the rest of us but not really exhibiting any characteristics of the upper-middle class.

16 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I never thought of Gillard as posh.  The demeanor to me is like the semi-rural housewife who thinks she's a cut above the rest of us but not really exhibiting any characteristics of the upper-middle class.

I don't think you read that right.  That voice you think of for her was engineered - her own diction, before the image consultants, was thought to be too posh.

1 hour ago, NZT48 said:

What does that mean?

Hmm.

We agreed somewhen in the deep past to assign value to items, gold because it is scarce and does not tarnish for example. Then we moved to notes that said on demand the note was worth an agreed amount of gold.  Then we went off the gold standard but kept the notes, without the wording. At that point money became an agreed upon fiction , if it was not already.

However we all believe it and spend most of our lives chasing it.

Cheers

Leaonid, Kimmo and I are quite the love triangle.

Edited by NZT48
spelling

🙂

If you think there is anything but enmity between Leo and Kimmo you really are nuts  🙂

Cheers

8 hours ago, Cybes said:

Thing is, some knob thought that was more relatable than her own diction.  She and Alexander Downer both were "made over" because some fuckheads thought they sounded "too posh" for regular Aussies.

she's an adelaide girl - i went to the same school and her older sister was in my year - they sounded like adelaide people do (her sister still does)

thing is, adelaide residents mostly sound more english than any other local dialect... and that's not dinky-di working class, maaaaaate

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cybes said:

Downer and Pyne both have a sort of effeminate caste to their style of speech . private schoolboy sound isn't it ?

If Gillard's style is not her own then that's yet another reason she was right not to succeed. I'm eternally grateful to her getting the Royal Commission  on the churches sexual abuse of minors up and running, but ...