Caelum

What's on your mind?

Stupid Brisbane weather today/tonight, so stifling!

I better get some sleep and catch up on some of the green room reality shows tomorrow 😎

6 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

she's an adelaide girl...

thing is, adelaide residents mostly sound more english than any other local dialect.

Yup. Been asked which part of Europe I'm from before; by hotel staff! (who surely would get to hear many accents)

TBF, there are parts of Adelaide that sound downright bogan. Those parts don't do things like politics. Or school, really. 😜

My week of work is finished. I'm well fed and even a little scotched, and my face feels like it has a soggy clogged substance formed within and around the area between my eyebrows down and around my eyes and nose, and across my cheek bones.

My voice sounds like a peg is firmly clenching my nostrils . I don't remember the last time I had a cold but fucksake I'm over this one

Monday morning, and there's paramedics at the office.

One of the office girls passed out, not looking good.

Yeah I saw that.

Someone is going to have a very red face and be looking at a very large bill...

Cheers

3 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Yeah I saw that.

Someone is going to have a very red face and be looking at a very large bill...

Cheers

You'd think to check everything was detached from the plane first ...

A big airplane I suppose but yeah, personally I'd be checking everything twice and once more to be certain 🙂

Cheers

I'm guessing the maintenance was running late but someone didn't get the memo ...

🙂

"Driest State on the driest continent" etc.

Yeah, once you get far north of the Goyder Line it can get a bit unworldly  🙂

Cheers

Get a new printer, drivers on CD. Computers don't come with CD reader these days LOL

🙂

If they are on CD usually they re out of date anyway, usually best to go download the latest.

Cheers

Yeah, I think Canon are going the same route, don't recall a driver disk with my el cheapo but perfectly ok  Pixma 3-in-one - not I needed them anyway, Ubuntu is very good at just finding suitable drivers.

Cheers

Yep, DL yourself is becoming the usual, and the complete driver package often includes the bloatware as well.

13 hours ago, Rybags said:

Yep, DL yourself is becoming the usual, and the complete driver package often includes the bloatware as well.

Or you get the Epson driver I got yesterday which was supposedly the combo driver and didn't include the scanner for their multifunction. 

Yep, that's annoying as frig when it happens.

Close second being when you want to use the printer and it decides a firmware update is due.

I did use the downloaded web site installer and it had this tendency to crash ...

🙂

That's also a not uncommon issue, so is finding the right file on HPs appalling site (s).

I not uncommonly find the best drivers on generic sites.

Cheers

Does Aussie deliver mail at 1:21 AM these days? I had a mail notification item got delivered at that stupid time of day. And yes, the item was there ... in the work mailbox.

🙂

i can't speak for Darwin but in SA apparently they are trialing a night shift to deliver parcels in the main since they tend to lob in during the night and the parcel sorters do work 24/6 I think, could even be 7. Some years back I picked a cat up in the middle of the night at Perth airport, they were good enough to call me which allowed me to go get her rather than leaving her caged all night.

Allied to that SA are also trialing trikes which give them the ability to carry more parcels.

Overall I guess the Post Office does not get the best of reps but in the end as with most things it's people that make the difference 🙂

With email destroying the snail mail business they need to be doing things to stay relevant with parcels and it seems they are. The question is will our skies be filled with parcel delivery drones in the future ? I sincerely hope not, skies are crowded enough as it is. A friendly personal service on an Ebike trike seems much more human.

Cheers

You really would think he would give it up - just lock him away and forget about him, but  not his misdeeds.

Cheers

3 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

That's also a not uncommon issue, so is finding the right file on HPs appalling site (s).

I not uncommonly find the best drivers on generic sites.

Cheers

I google the model number to get directly to the driver page rather than navigate any manufacturer's page.