Caelum

What's on your mind?

49 minutes ago, twinair said:

I can see a spit roast in my tea leaves.

Where's @chrisg when you need him.

@chrisg is already full. Leave him out of this you naughty boy.

Edit: Of shit.

Edited by Damo

Yeah was just checking that out Jeruselem... If I was down there I'd invest in a proper face mask like the people who cut stone should be wearing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Yeah was just checking that out Jeruselem... If I was down there I'd invest in a proper face mask like the people who cut stone should be wearing

Not good for people with repository issues at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

or respiratory issues either

it's foul here, but quite breathable inside, luckily

pity i have to go to work tomorrow...

• Haha 1

Yeah it's pretty hectic. I've got friends up and down the coast that have lost parts of property, in some cases houses/sheds etc.

If a fire ripped through here I'd be more shattered in losing my gardens and food forest than I would the house. It's a shame, because plenty of my circle think the same and lots of them lost exactly that.

The local school is putting on indoor activities, so my youngen is sitting on the PC or Art/Music etc at Recess/Lunch.

Edit (just a word)

Edited by Damo

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Not good for people with repository issues at all.

Just ask Lee Harvey Oswald.

err, hang on, that'd be depository.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

Just ask Lee Harvey Oswald.

err, hang on, that'd be depository.

Picked the wrong word when the spell checker got in ....

6 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

or respiratory issues either

it's foul here, but quite breathable inside, luckily

pity i have to go to work tomorrow...

I saw loads of idiots walking around North Sydney today with those shitty surgical type masks you can buy at Bunnings for like 50 cents each. You know the ones. The ones that for a start don't fit properly and also the ones that are completely useless at filtering out smoke.
Hilarious.

Also hilarious - repository issues 🤣

• Like 1

What about the ones who wear them when there's not a bushfire - is it to stop them getting someone's flu or to stop everyone else getting their flu?

22 minutes ago, Rybags said:

What about the ones who wear them when there's not a bushfire - is it to stop them getting someone's flu or to stop everyone else getting their flu?

I see a lot of mainland Chinese do that, even in Australia. I guess at home, their air is a bit grubby by Aussie standards.

asians wear them as a public health thing - they realise it's not good to spread germs, so generally the wearers are advertising they are sick, and trying to contain their contagion

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Picked the wrong word when the spell checker got in ....

I would have chosen suppository.

8 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

asians wear them as a public health thing - they realise it's not good to spread germs, so generally the wearers are advertising they are sick, and trying to contain their contagion

I heard that the Honk Kong protesters weren't just protecting themselves from AI facial recognition, but also from pig swine influenza and the black plague.

Those crazy multi tasking Asians! What will they think of next?

Want to launder money? Crypto? CBA? Nope, just bank with Westpac!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-19/westpac-accused-of-23-million-breaches-of-money-laundering-rules?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google

Westpac Banking Corp. has been sued by Australia’s financial crimes agency for allegedly breaching anti-money laundering laws more than 23 million times.

The Sydney-based lender was accused of “systemic non-compliance” of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism finance laws regarding its failure to report more than A$11 billion ($7.5 billion) in international transfers via correspondent banking relationships, the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre said in a statement Wednesday.

😉

A job came up on Seek with them today, not that I'm really looking - seemed to spend as much time talking up the ethics of the company as describing the position...

Cheers

10 minutes ago, chrisg said:

😉

A job came up on Seek with them today, not that I'm really looking - seemed to spend as much time talking up the ethics of the company as describing the position...

Cheers

Banks? Ethics?

I'm thinking back to the times on dial up when Ticketek first launched their site, just how fucking bad it was with congestion. I'm sitting in a pre-sale queue for TOOL tickets at the moment, and she's been refreshing herself for half hour now (sale only active for 8mins so far).

Things have come a long way, but there's certainly far less ways to screw the system than there were back in the day! Same with every bloody thing.

18 minutes ago, Damo said:

I'm thinking back to the times on dial up when Ticketek first launched their site, just how fucking bad it was with congestion. I'm sitting in a pre-sale queue for TOOL tickets at the moment, and she's been refreshing herself for half hour now (sale only active for 8mins so far).

Things have come a long way, but there's certainly far less ways to screw the system than there were back in the day! Same with every bloody thing.

Ticketek 's web site is still atrocious especially for high demand tickets the day they are available.

1 hour ago, Damo said:

Yeah, I missed out on the presale for GA tickets by the time I got through and I'm not sitting down for Tool. 

Tool IMO haven't aged well.  I've put their stuff on from 20 years ago and had no desire to continue with it, then put some FNM of the same era and get right into it and it feels almost as fresh as when released.