Caelum

What's on your mind?

I'm happy with both still. Maybe less so with Undertow but aeinma and lateralus I still love. Although I slightly prefer the Brass Against covers. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11-20/perth-man-jailed-for-falsely-claiming-$110,000-in-centrelink/11722666

" Ali Ayad, 49, received Newstart payments and carer allowance between May 2010 and December 2017 while he was operating the business, which had a turnover of almost $3.6 million.

The District Court was told most of the defrauded money was used to fund Ayad's gambling and drinking problems, but he also made four trips to the Philippines where he bought property.

He was required to tell the Department of Human Services about any income he received, but he failed to do so.

At one point Ayad completed a form on which he had answered "no" to the question: "Do you undertake any paid voluntary work, study or training?"

On another occasion he declared an income of only $8,000.

The court heard when he was interviewed by authorities he said he knew he should have told the department what he was earning and he was surprised it took so long to get caught."

re the underlined, so am I .

5 hours ago, Rybags said:

Tool IMO haven't aged well.  I've put their stuff on from 20 years ago and had no desire to continue with it, then put some FNM of the same era and get right into it and it feels almost as fresh as when released.

10,000 Days was sublime.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

5 hours ago, Rybags said:

Tool IMO haven't aged well.  I've put their stuff on from 20 years ago and had no desire to continue with it, then put some FNM of the same era and get right into it and it feels almost as fresh as when released.

I still dig Tool quite a lot.

Opiate is an excellent EP for my ears. TBH everything Tool has put out I have loved...I am still trying to find the time to listen to Fear Inoculum from start to finish but yes, it is very different from their previous stuff.

Kind of like where QOTSA took themselves when they released Like Clockwork - it took me w while to appreciate that. When I first heard it I dismissed it as elevator music.

Faith No More are a different kettle of fish. Anything Mike Patton touches turns to gold. He's a deadset genius and if the chance presented itself, yeah I'd cup his nuts.

Adam Jones is a fucking freak.

I want to see a collab with him and Homme.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twinair said:

Kind of like where QOTSA took themselves when they released Like Clockwork - it took me w while to appreciate that. When I first heard it I dismissed it as elevator music.

Yeah, like a lot of Beck's stuff I had to get out of the mindset of what it "should" sound like and just let it be what it is. Then it was one of my favourite QOTSA albums after that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fliptopia said:

Yeah, like a lot of Beck's stuff I had to get out of the mindset of what it "should" sound like and just let it be what it is. Then it was one of my favourite QOTSA albums after that. 

It just depends on a) what your ears appeal to and b) what your ears are willing to appreciate in the long run.
I've been listening to Josh Homme play since he was in Kyuss and supported Metallica on their 1992 tour. I was sold on it then, so I gave Clockwork the benefit of the doubt and I really dig it.

Me and @Damo are going to see Tool, Get yourself a ticket mate. I'll buy the first round and spike everyone'd drink.

Throw that Bob Marley wanna be motherfucker outta here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, twinair said:

It just depends on a) what your ears appeal to and b) what your ears are willing to appreciate in the long run.
I've been listening to Josh Homme play since he was in Kyuss and supported Metallica on their 1992 tour. I was sold on it then, so I gave Clockwork the benefit of the doubt and I really dig it.

Me and @Damo are going to see Tool, Get yourself a ticket mate. I'll buy the first round and spike everyone'd drink.

Homme was on JRE today. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twinair said:

I'm doing my best to get one 🙂 I remember a guy at school making a tape of....and the circus leaves town and it blowing my musical mind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

I'm doing my best to get one 🙂 I remember a guy at school making a tape of....and the circus leaves town and it blowing my musical mind. 

My first experience was Welcome To Sky Valley. I distinctly remember reading the cover inside and out before listening. It came with instructions; Listen Without Distraction.

So I did. Whacked on some headphones, got baked and listened to it from start to finish. 

giphy.gif

Circus was just simply a spectacular follow up.

• Like 2

Yeah, demon cleaner off Sky Valley is amazing on what is a great start to finish album anyway. 

Edit: I think it's this sort of music that I go to because weed seems to not affect me. It gives me the feeling people describe when they get high. 

Edited by fliptopia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Yeah, demon cleaner off Sky Valley is amazing on what is a great start to finish album anyway. 

Edit: I think it's this sort of music that I go to because weed seems to not affect me. It gives me the feeling people describe when they get high. 

QOTSA replicate that vibe really, really well.

Stoner Rock Radio on Spotify is killer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Brian?

Bryan Ferry 🙂

Just sitting here thinking that there is 620 million Facebook groups, and I keep joining the ones run by morons 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JediKnight said:

620 million Facebook groups

farrrrk. 😱

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, twinair said:

I'm going but couldn't get Monday's show. Tuesday will have to do. 

Fair enough the tuning fork is probably as advertised but the crystal, please.  Whatever resonance it'd generate would probably depend on where it was hit, you'd not actually hear anything, and given the roughness of the cut it'd not be tuned to any particular frequency.  And the usage case in watches and electronics is as a piezo-electric component and generally in the few cubic millimetre size and generating frequencies in hundreds of kHz to dozens of MHz.

But really given the phrase a sucker and their money are soon parted, the biggest surprise of it all is that they're only asking 75 bucks.

Edited by Rybags

18 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Fair enough the tuning fork is probably as advertised but the crystal, please.  Whatever resonance it'd generate would probably depend on where it was hit, you'd not actually hear anything, and given the roughness of the cut it'd not be tuned to any particular frequency.  And the usage case in watches and electronics is as a piezo-electric component and generally in the few cubic millimetre size and generating frequencies in hundreds of kHz to dozens of MHz.

But really given the phrase a sucker and their money are soon parted, the biggest surprise of it all is that they're only asking 75 bucks.

Quartz wand

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100-Natural-Pink-Rose-Quartz-Crystal-Wand-Point-Healing-Reiki-Mineral-Stone-AU/323726908308?hash=item4b5fa09b94:m:mrga52tgDLJh-hYXKHmz7FQ

Turning fork

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4096HZ-Aluminum-Alloy-Medical-Tuning-Fork-Hammer-Sound-Peace-Healing-Diagnostic/193038391493?epid=11031246501&hash=item2cf1fc18c5:g:IGwAAOSw3nhdTNrl

For $10.00 USD ex P&P you can make ya own!

Edited by Jeruselem

Tool 2nd night just went on sale. I wandered in 3hrs late and still got a pair of seats front and centre.

18 minutes ago, Damo said:

Tool 2nd night just went on sale. I wandered in 3hrs late and still got a pair of seats front and centre.

Might see you there. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eveln said:

farrrrk. 😱

thats around 1 group for every 4 users...

in Q3 2019, there were 2.45 billion active Farcebook users, ie. nearly ⅓ of the world

q16jmVZ.jpg

edit:

and 56% of americans ... farrrrk

Edited by @~thehung