Caelum

What's on your mind?

Looking forward to this...

Should put my PSVR to proper use... Gran Turismo is fun with it now and then, and ping pong is pretty sweet, but I'm still looking for that killer app...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Should put my PSVR to proper use... Gran Turismo is fun with it now and then, and ping pong is pretty sweet, but I'm still looking for that killer app...

HL3 confirmed.

ive been wondering what they have been cooking up for VR with the franchise.  this, to me, is evidence they are testing the waters for a VR HL3.  this is perfect because they need a buffer to manage expectations.  if it goes well, and drives the uptake of VR, it will prove to them its worth throwing everything into HL3 while releasing a lot of the pressure.   and ive no doubt it will be quality stuff.  the mini games in the The Lab are a step beyond most VR offerings in terms of UI polish.  they know what they are doing.  all they need is a killer mechanic that is extendable to a fully fledged title.

btw, what has led you to expect a PSVR release?  the minimum specs for PC are fairly extreme...

9 hours ago, eveln said:

@datafast69 It's not that I don't get what the cat might be offering re the kills it's placing at the feet of the person presently willing to regularly supply it with food.

It's, that really and truly is it wise to leave our innards open to whatever germs /diseases they might pass on ?!

Well, responsible cat owners keep them inside at night, that cuts down on the number of possible kills a lot, and any cat or dog owner should not allow them to lick you, or scratch their butt or anything else on ya' 😎

Me, I don't have pets for the simple reason I have not and am not in a position to care for them well for the term of their natural life.

At least with kids you can boot them out after adolescence, not that I have any of them either, again for similar reasons.

12 hours ago, Cybes said:

We domestivated dogs from wolves only about 14-36 thousand years ago, and cats much more recently than that (probably around 12,000 years ago).  In evolutionary terms, that is not a long time.

Cats btw may have just "moved in" by themselves shortly after we started trying to store farmed grain, rather than being properly domesticated.

We encouraged them as they kept the rodent problem under control, just like dogs we use'd them for our own purpose/s....from there we also took them up as companions, well the Egyptians worshiped them believing they were sentries guarding the border of life and the here after....if I recall correctly.

hmmm.... not rushing to invest in vr myself

meanwhile, metro exodus is half price on humble bundle.... 🙂

7 hours ago, eveln said:

No to both, but have in the past had both dogs and cats. I spend my days with people from diverse backgrounds and countries. I' m of an age where it pays ( health wise) not to be complacent with my immune system. It is robust enough that I don't need too much to keep me healthy and viable.

People are even more demanding!

Most of the bastards refuse to use the litter tray 😧

I get the health reasons 😎

When your immune system has been comprised for your whole life, you tend to become used to it.

I have a quite decent stash of antibiotics that I can start if I feel anything a bit abnormal happening.

A few times I've hesitated and paid dearly for it!

8 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Looking forward to this...

Fark! that makes me want to get a game system and VR set up.

Damn it!

1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

When your immune system has been comprised for your whole life, you tend to become used to it.

I have a quite decent stash of antibiotics that I can start if I feel anything a bit abnormal happening.

A few times I've hesitated and paid dearly for it!

I can't take them, had too many when younger now they don't help, and in fact compromise my immune response even more.

Stress is one of the most common enemies where compromising the immune system is concerned, apart from the more obvious ones.

I have to use colloidal silver for things topical (was used in medical procedures before antibiotics, in dentistry until quite recently, and still very effective), but never consumed by mouth (ingested). I usually load up on Garlic at the same time, keeps those pesky hot Vampires away too 😎

• Like 1

7 hours ago, datafast69 said:

I can't take them, had too many when younger now they don't help, and in fact compromise my immune response even more.

Stress is one of the most common enemies where compromising the immune system is concerned, apart from the more obvious ones.

I have to use colloidal silver for things topical (was used in medical procedures before antibiotics, in dentistry until quite recently, and still very effective), but never consumed by mouth (ingested). I usually load up on Garlic at the same time, keeps those pesky hot Vampires away too 😎

The big three..............Chiili, garlic and ginger!

• Like 1

That's been a looming issue with over-prescription of antibiotics for many years, interesting that you are yourself a victim.

Coloidal silver has indeed been an option for a very long time and seems to be enjoying quite the renaissance.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisg said:

"slow moving blob" has spooked the White House

Big brave Donny, scared of a flock of birds.  FFS.

😉

Seriously, it COULD have been a drone but I'd think the SS might notice one...

The entire area around the WH is no-fly but I guess the birds didn't get the memo... 😉

Actually I'm not even sure Trumpy was there, think he took off early for Thanksgiving golf at Mar Largo or whatever he calls his golfing dump...

Cheers

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

How appropriate his name being Uncle Sam 🤣

And this.

Edited by datafast69

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Or someone with peak paranoia ...

Slow moving blob?

Astral traveling Trump during nap-time after cheese burger.

Edit: hmm...making fun of trump is not as much fun as it used to be, he's worn out his welcome.

Edited by datafast69

19 hours ago, @~thehung said:

btw, what has led you to expect a PSVR release?  the minimum specs for PC are fairly extreme...

Hmm...

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/11/guide_will_half-life_alyx_ever_come_to_psvr_and_ps4

I just assumed. Looks possible...

I have the PS4 Pro, but I'm not sure that counts for much since Sony's policy is that non pro users don't miss out on any games, IIRC

13 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Mainly because of pissweak Governments and even worse regulators!

Like, Keating gave them the go ahead to do whatever they wanted and every soft cock Treasurer/Finance minister since have been following his lead!

On 11/28/2019 at 6:16 AM, LogicprObe said:

The big three..............Chiili, garlic and ginger!

Spot on.
You know I live on that shit.
The only time I need to go to the doctor is for painkillers when I fall off things!

And what the fuck is with those half life 3 voices? Are they supposed to be Australian accents or Kiwi accents?

watching a video about pinball machines from the early 80s

to get a machine to produce speach required an extra board containing 4 extra ROM chips

each ROM chip was only 2k , but cost $50 each

• Like 1

fucksake. another lot of ants trying to build their home in ours. anyone would think we're going to get big mobs of rain or something

Tree is up and decorated!

The Christmas spirit over flowith in me, worth the extra effort 😎

dN8bI9Y.jpg

Edited by datafast69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Looks like a dildo with five condoms on it................

3 short of spider dijon's requirements