Caelum

What's on your mind?

I guess a coloured glove could've been deemed as putting in too much effort ... still my sense of aesthetics would like some colour

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

Looks like a dildo with five condoms on it................

You wish 😆

One of two rattan fighting sticks ( Escrima ) with a surgical glove atop, perfect equipment to deal with any creepy bearded guy that shows up uninvited on Christmas morn'  😎

Damn it, my Logitech G302 has been doing this weird double clicking thing. I thought it was some weird issue with a recent Windows update but it turns out the mouse is the issue as I have like 4 mice spare sitting around for testing.

2 hours ago, datafast69 said:

Had something like that happen with a Logitech gaming mouse once, drove me nuts for a while.

It's also rather random, it will do it then stop and start again.

• Like 1

I've found mine goes apeshit when the battery level is low.

It'll ignore clicks and sometimes register a click as the aero task list (buggered if I can find the key combo that does that).

Sometimes turning off then on fixes it but it gets to the point where it's just easier to change the batterea.

it's the micro switch, and is a "feature" of mouses, but more so with age, as they are rated for something like 5 million clicks, but i never counted how used they get, so i dunno what that really means

i do know omron make replacements that are cheap, but desoldering the one that's borked is difficult - i know, 'cause i tried on my treasured mx1000 and baked the circuit board - i might be better at it these days (managed to replace the one on my nexus5 that's a well noted common failure there)

sad, but consider it either dead, or in the process of being that way on that report

Edited by scruffy1
typing poorly

I used to slave my arse off to pay $550 a week in rent - I now pay less than $500 a year in rates on 40 hectares

I'm a (was) fucking dumb arse

Edited by Khirareq
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Rybags said:

I've found mine goes apeshit when the battery level is low.

It'll ignore clicks and sometimes register a click as the aero task list (buggered if I can find the key combo that does that).

Sometimes turning off then on fixes it but it gets to the point where it's just easier to change the batterea.

This is a wired mouse ... I think I've worn the thing out heh. I have three old gaming mice sitting around so I'm not stuck with it.

Edited by Jeruselem
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rybags said:

AutoHotkey might be able to present a software debounce fix - a script to ignore extra clicks within a certain time period.

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/82509-software-fix-for-double-clicking-mouse/

Though might be bad in a corporate environment since it could probably be rigged to do keylogging.

I've used that software. I got that G302 on special so it's not real loss anyway. I use a G403 at work.

45 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

THAT is just crazy - hopefully Congress will jump on it.

The US banned all biochem research decades ago although programmes still exist to be abreast of developments and to concoct countermeasures but to actually work on mutating a virus, no, even Fort Detrick does not do that. They are more involved in counters to chemical warfare any way.

Interestingly, and completely tangential,  CDC quietly announced a reasonably effective Ebola vaccine just a few days ago.

Another scourge is close to being beaten.

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, datafast69 said:

Apparently it's presence in our environment has also caused increased toxicity of the cane toad also.

In the NT, we have "super" cane toads. Not good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

THAT is just crazy - hopefully Congress will jump on it.

The US banned all biochem research decades ago although programmes still exist to be abreast of developments and to concoct countermeasures but to actually work on mutating a virus, no, even Fort Detrick does not do that. They are more involved in counters to chemical warfare any way.

Interestingly, and completely tangential,  CDC quietly announced a reasonably effective Ebola vaccine just a few days ago.

Cheers

Nothing surprises me in this era of Trumpisium, It's a social and moral disease gripping the USA.

Hopefully sensible reasonable folk will prevail.

5 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Where will it end...

Jabba_the_Hutt.png

This accompanied a 2010 story on the cane toad invasion of Kyogle

LNS_10-03-2010_EGN_05_Kyogle_CANE_TOADS_

Seriously though, will we ever learn from these mistakes when messing with the natural environment.

A week or so ago I posted a news link and wee comment on Measels cases in Samoa ...lo and behold shit has got worse ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-02/samoa-measles-epidemic-prompts-government-shutdown/11757652

It's progressed from one or two case of sick, to fifty-three dead ... and the Gov. is shut down

I wonder, I guess the anti-vaxxers are still maintaining thier need to be different and wrong ... well I guess this is the way we cut the pop. explosion .

5 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

When I first arrived up here people were killing large toads with gay abandon. A lot of the bigger ugly ones were then stuffed and dressed up as different characters, embedded on sticks ( or not ) and sold at the markets ... it was big business. Now though, at least around our area they are not nearly as big. but still bloody ugly

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

I remember when they were sold with pipes and walking sticks ect', I always thought it weird.

They move a lot quicker than they did in the late 70's, and now see us as a threat when back then they just sat there even after you kicked them around.

Reducing population?

The Black Death reduced numbers by around 100 million back in the 14th century, and with a total previous to it of around 475 million in Europe they recovered i a mere 200 years. World wide we now have around 8 billion.

give it time datafast69. and I'd say it will take waaay less time than it did in the 14th century

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

Until people think they know better and it comes back...

And what do you know...

2 hours ago, eveln said:

A week or so ago I posted a news link and wee comment on Measels cases in Samoa ...lo and behold shit has got worse ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-02/samoa-measles-epidemic-prompts-government-shutdown/11757652

It's progressed from one or two case of sick, to fifty-three dead ... and the Gov. is shut down

@rs727 I should state more clearly, the Samoan Gov. is shutting down so's it's all hands on deck to try and get more of it's population vaccinated and not being hood-winked by those trying to cure Measles with fresh water ...

8 hours ago, rs727 said:

Until people think they know better and it comes back...

And what do you know...

Yeah,

Scary thing about the measles in Samoa is how virulent it is, seems to be a particularly aggressive strain.

That or the people just have no immunity at all. There was a time when an outbreak of measles was a good reason to send your kids around so they WOULD get it and thus become immune, not any more it seems.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Yeah,

Scary thing about the measles in Samoa is how virulent it is, seems to be a particularly aggressive strain.

That or the people just have no immunity at all. There was a time when an outbreak of measles was a good reason to send your kids around so they WOULD get it and thus become immune, not any more it seems.

Cheers

I got measles by accident ... young. So that chicken pox episode on South Park was based on reality ...

Edited by Jeruselem