Caelum

What's on your mind?

2 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

This was cheapo SkullCandy, I had better Samsung headphones but wanted to use them at home so I got these just for work.

Try the Grados.

Good price............a bit bassy for my taste but fairly well balanced out of an iphone or similar source.

Plugged into mt ASUS Essence the AKGs are far better but @ nearly four times the price.

http://alessandro-products.com/headphones-2/

(these are open phones........but I mostly use open)

https://gradolabs.com/headphones

HAH !

Walt was in Woolies tonight. In the bread section he found a long narrow loaf with a single cross on it, a "hot cross loaf " in fact !  and some " hot cross buns " . Not even a week in to the new year, and to my knowledge Easter is not till April 😕

Supposedly the HCBs actually went on sale on Boxing Day in some places.

The wog bakeries used to sell them all year round as 'Fruit Buns' and just put a cross on them for Easter!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rybags said:

Supposedly the HCBs actually went on sale on Boxing Day in some places.

in the 24 hours news cycle, the gap between the birth of lord jesus and his departure gets stale fast

14 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

in the 24 hours news cycle, the gap between the birth of lord jesus and his departure gets stale fast

yep !  gotta keep tuggin' at the heartstrings, it's the key to great marketing

I like the things but generally it's a cold weather after dinner snack.

17 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

The wog bakeries used to sell them all year round as 'Fruit Buns' and just put a cross on them for Easter!

That's what I said they should do. Hot crossless buns and then surely everyone gets what they want. The cross is not why you buy the bun. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not ever been a fan of Ricky Gervais. I did try to watch him a few times but well he just didn't take . Just now flicking through my abc site I spied the Golden Globes thingy and a vid of Gervais doing his presenter's speech . Now right up front he gave a full disclaimer that everything to follow was just jokes . LOL.

First time I've bothered to listen to his speech and this one was his fifth and final . He went for the woke, Epstein, the Huffman ( I think that's her name )  woman who paid to get her kid into some College. Also the " Two Popes "

and various others. He virtually told the people collecting awards to just get up and thank those responsible accept their awards and that they weren't gods and  " fuck off " from the stage , he wanted no woke speeches. lol. The camera rolled over the audience a few times and Tom Hanks was not finding his humour with it at all.

... quite enjoyed it really, I usually just flick through the pics for the fashions and the jewellery

edit :

" "If you win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech," he advised the stars during his opening monologue.

"You're in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg." "

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50983253

Edited by eveln
to make errors go away ;)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Gervais is best when he is making people feel uncomfortable.

It seems the actors still got up and made their wokeness apparent though.... seriously got to wonder how they ( the actors ) don't realise that they aren't famous for their ideas, they're famous for their acting ... ohhhhh I get it now .ffs

I don't know, I still had the urge to slap Gervais' face even while I was enjoying his speech

• Like 1

i thought "the office" was painful on the brief viewing i had

but gervais as a presenter of awards is consistently good value, often pissingly funny, and extremely adept at simply dead panning completely honest observations about the complete artifice of the inbred establishment of hollywood

do yourself a real entertainment favour, and look at prior events

if you don't laugh, you need better drugs

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

but gervais as a presenter of awards is consistently good value, often pissingly funny, and extremely adept at simply dead panning completely honest observations about the complete artifice of the inbred establishment of hollywood

I think he was over the idea of the backlash that would come at him if he dead-panned too much this year ... he kept saying how it was his last show etc.etc.

not really sure I can be bothered to go back and look at his past efforts 🙂

Edited by eveln

Like a lot of you, I'm not much of a fan of his TV work but I caught him doing a stand up show that was bloody funny!

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Bushfires and two cyclones, HOW GOOD IS Australia! Yes, the NT has to get a cyclone because ...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65012.shtml

I have the feeling there's a joke there that I missed.

Four days to go 300km... Taking a pleasant stroll, really.

6 minutes ago, Cybes said:

I have the feeling there's a joke there that I missed.

Four days to go 300km... Taking a pleasant stroll, really.

WA got a cyclone recently and then one pops in the NT at the same time.

Posted (edited)

Ukraine airline crashes in Iran (yes Iran) due to technical issues. It's an old 737

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/ukrainian-boeing-737-crashes-imam-khomeini-airport-state-media/11852504

Update - no survivors

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-08/ukrainian-boeing-737-crashes-imam-khomeini-airport-state-media/11852504

American made plane (Boeing) so any investigation with US being in Iran is going be rather problematic!

Edited by Jeruselem

Sooooo many pregnancies and screaming kids to be seen wondering past my view !

Seriously, not seeing the down side of legal abortion just now

On 1/7/2020 at 10:38 AM, Jeruselem said:

WA got a cyclone recently and then one pops in the NT at the same time.

Yeah I saw the low developing and said to hubby there would be another cyclone within a few days.  Blake has dumped much needed rains in many places, but we haven't seen any of it.

Posted (edited)

Windy and rainy from tomorrow afternoon, expecting a bit of rain ... I guess we need it!

The rain is already here ... it's like night out there.

Edited by Jeruselem

dont fret about the droughts people!

i can fix it.  i have a special talent.  ive just been dragging my heels because of the travel costs involved.  maybe i should get a gofundme page?

here's how it will work:  i will go to each drought effected area, put on some washing, and then hang it out.  problem solved.

...in the short term at least.  however, if we can raise enough money, i am willing to share my gift around on a semi-permanent basis with some kind of a round robin arrangement.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

dont fret about the droughts people!

i can fix it.  i have a special talent.  ive just been dragging my heels because of the travel costs involved.  maybe i should get a gofundme page?

here's how it will work:  i will go to each drought effected area, put on some washing, and then hang it out.  problem solved.

...in the short term at least.  however, if we can raise enough money, i am willing to share my gift around on a semi-permanent basis with some kind of a round robin arrangement.

You gotta wash the car as well!

1 hour ago, LogicprObe said:

You gotta wash the car as well!

and the flyscreens and well while you're there the windows too ... all the dust and ash ...