Caelum

What's on your mind?

I always have the light on... regardless of helper software or dimming a bit, using a monitor in the dark is an OHS risk.

i have "under shelf" warm led lighting pointed up on top of the bookcase, bounced off a white cieling

it's bright enough to type on a non-backlit keyboard, but not much > candle power

i HATE anything brighter than warm white after sunset, and even then i don't usually go to bed till midnight or later - my circadian cycle is all sorts of strange; i get up at 7:50 when i'm working, otherwise am not unhappy to arise at the crack of noon if it seems right

• Like 1

Warm white here too... much preferable but next to useless if doing detailed work but there's other options.

Got a standing light that alternates white/warm but I barely use it.

Fair enough. I like it on my phone and tablet in the first 20-30 mins after I get up. But it's not for everyone and, yeah, can make some stuff look wrong. 

I'm also gradually replacing lights in the house with the adjustable Philips hue white bulbs that change colour temperature. Then set them that an hour before the kids go to bed the gradually change colour and dim. 

Edited by fliptopia

i've got the aldi cheapo version here and can set my study lights according to need - from warm and dull to surgical suite blue / white

but as i discovered, the uplight on the bookcase is a better option... nice to have choices though, for occasional evening serious work needing lumens

and also on my mind - it's too fucking hot (and smoky again)   - it hit 42.9c at the airport not long ago, but it's a mere 36c  here (from a high of 39 earlier)

humidity 26%, wind from the nnw gusting to 60kph

gorgeous... not !

sadly found a dead miniature marsh frog that parboiled in a water bowl near the bigger pond - wish i'd spotted it this morning and rescued the poor little creature early enough to toss it in the pond

😞

Edited by scruffy1

11 hours ago, Cybes said:

Why don't broswers have a quick&dirty 'night mode' button to save your eyes?  At minimum, all you'd have to do is invert the colour palette, though I think it should be possible to do something less jarring with per-page brightness and contrast.

I'm sure there's extensions for it. I used to use a browser that did that at the press of a button.

Vivaldi has page filters for invert and black/white with 2 clicks. Per page only though.

So there are options.

17 minutes ago, rs727 said:

So there are options.

Huh.  I have looked, but obviously not close enough.  Thanks for the heads-up.

This sign was seen in NSW ports, don't PANIC. I assume it's aimed at people from cruise ships.

11893194-3x4-340x453.jpg

9 hours ago, Rybags said:

I always have the light on... regardless of helper software or dimming a bit, using a monitor in the dark is an OHS risk.

I'm pissed that my backlit keyboard has carked it.

Can't type in the dark.

I've got a noisy Kogan LED KB still sitting in it's box.  Awaiting me cleaning up this desk area before using it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rybags said:

I've got a noisy Kogan LED KB still sitting in it's box.  Awaiting me cleaning up this desk area before using it.

Kogan hit their limit of 3 and 4 emails a day.................they are now listed as spam.

I can put up with one a day but fair dinkum!

They just fucked themselves!

Yeah, I think I took action as well.

The behaviour of some companies.

NRMA is doing it now as well.  Only communication I've had since filing a claim is confirmation email for the claim followed by one mentioning the repairer.

Then 2 more on successive days asking to rate whether I'd recommend them to a friend.  Fucksake, the cunts haven't even done anything yet!

They are using self destructing emails now in their feedback.

Like you say Ry,  the paint isn't even dry and they are asking 'How did we do'?

I think, I'll wait til the weekend so I can have a good look around, you go looking for aforesaid email and it's gone!

Self destructed in two days!

VW use them as well.

If you give them some stick, the next one will only last a day!

I always like it when you order something and you get asked to review it before it arrives. 

3 hours ago, fliptopia said:

I always like it when you order something and you get asked to review it before it arrives. 

Some Android apps do that too LOL

Edited by Jeruselem

48 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

No positive cases of 2019-nCoV in Australia as yet ... I think that'll change soon

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-24/six-people-in-australia-tested-for-deadly-coronavirus-/11897648

I suppose it could well mutate and become far more deadly but as it stands it's a bit of a beat-up or to be kind an over-abundance of caution.

The death rate is relatively low against a not very large number of confirmed cases and most everyone who has died has either been very elderly or suffering from respiratory issues.

The more normal, if you can call it that, flu that circles the globe on an annual basis kills far more people and we never seem to notice.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

I suppose it could well mutate and become far more deadly but as it stands it's a bit of a beat-up or to be kind an over-abundance of caution.

The death rate is relatively low against a not very large number of confirmed cases and most everyone who has died has either been very elderly or suffering from respiratory issues.

The more normal, if you can call it that, flu that circles the globe on an annual basis kills far more people and we never seem to notice.

Cheers

I have a friend who has breathing issues due this lungs under 30%. So this thing would pretty much kill him

what a week it's been . Thank fuck it's Friday. Home, showered and soon to be fed. Have scotch, all good

we have thunder happening ... it's sorta slow and heavy, like someone moving big pieces of  furniture around .

3 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

I have a friend who has breathing issues due this lungs under 30%. So this thing would pretty much kill him

I'm still in the process of getting to full recovery from pneumonia - news flash - takes longer when you get older - so my body might not like it much either but I'm of a sub-group, as is your friend. So far this thing is not Armageddon.

Cheers

Guess what?

Most old people die from pneumonia.

I've had it once (maybe twice) and I suspect the next time may be fatal.........................probably from China.

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

I'm still in the process of getting to full recovery from pneumonia - news flash - takes longer when you get older - so my body might not like it much either but I'm of a sub-group, as is your friend. So far this thing is not Armageddon.

Cheers

A recent "nasty" flu sent him to hospital, and by the looks of it this coronovirus will kill people compromised systems.

I totally understand but thus far this is not an Armageddon event.

Cheers

1 minute ago, chrisg said:

I totally understand but thus far this is not an Armageddon event.

Cheers

For healthy people who can fight it off, but some people it's best not to get it at all.