Caelum

What's on your mind?

6 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

69 never gets old

😛

thank god

I told him that this is his summer of 69. His first real 6 string was a long time ago now though. 

8 hours ago, fliptopia said:

69 and 42. They've got reasons that mostly have to do with no shacking up without a God blessing. 

If that's what it's about then, surely, god bless .... however if it's his millions she's after, make yourself the godbotherer from hell dude !

I think she's fine. I just expect that within about a year or so their going to find they want different things out of life. 2ish months in you are still in wonder at this new person and have trouble seeing the flaws. 

Who knows how they'll deal with their first disagreement. Not that he has much more than his house and car and some super. You wouldn't want to lose that though. 

1 hour ago, fliptopia said:

I think she's fine. I just expect that within about a year or so their going to find they want different things out of life. 2ish months in you are still in wonder at this new person and have trouble seeing the flaws. 

Who knows how they'll deal with their first disagreement. Not that he has much more than his house and car and some super. You wouldn't want to lose that though. 

A pre-nuptial agreement then. Tell him life will suck should the shit hit the fan. 

Oo Oo no air-con in the work place wasn't part of the deal 😞

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, eveln said:

Oo Oo no air-con in the work place wasn't part of the deal 😞

BYO Air-con?

PMSL.  Armed robbery with toilet paper taken in Hong Kong.

"2 men arrested, a third on the run"

so, looks like Jeremy Corbyn is kind of helping Assange at the 11th hour.  and i cant help thinking that if Corbyn is on the case it can mean only one thing: he is truly fucked.

• Like 1

Sounds like some sort of populist stunt.  I bet if he won the election he'd not have shown the same concern.

• Like 1

I'm not quoting it because it doesn't deserve it..................but that First Dog In The Moon hasn't improved any.

The problem I have with these parodying cartoons & sketches - it's just so easy to sit on the outside criticising, with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight usually in hand.

• Like 1

OMM.

Someone I've grown to like and respect, who I've  also managed to have some amusing and deeply serious convos with has ( last week ) been made redundant.

Obviously this is very very sucky news for her. She's a couple of years younger than me, very capable and knowledgeable in her field and also very respected by the pilots who rely on her detail every day to do their jobs with safety.

Luckily for her she will manage, simply because she has organized her life to survive, relying on herself as the lone unit she is. She loved the job. And I reckon her expertise will be sorely missed

For me, I will miss her hugely, we've been work mates ( of a sort , different companies ) for about threeish years now. I don't really do friends, so we never hungout outside of work, but we kept each other sane and laughing at appropriate times.

And I happen to know who will be working in the premises in her stead. A pair of spineless nasty little bitches old enough to know better, who don't yet realise their karma is coming at them like a turboed-up freight train

Tool were friggin amazing. I'd go see that show twice back to back if I could. Waiting for Brass Against on Sunday

55 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

That's very unusual, both those are twin-engined low wing aircraft with good visibility. Not likely being flown by completely inexperienced pilots.

I suppose weather could be a factor but I thought it was pretty clear clean across South eastern Australia today.

Cheers

33 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Not likely being flown by completely inexperienced pilots.

Er... First time in a twin, it's real easy to get caught unawares by its peculiarities - the speed of certain things, weirdnesses caused by having multiple thrust points.  Doesn't take much to lose you concentration for a second or two.

That said, WTF were they doing that close to each other?  There used to be this concept called "air separation"..?

Well,

A long time since my first time, but if it were someone moving up to twins they would or should have a competent instructor alongside them, part of whose job is specifically to keep an eye out.

Modern twins really do not have much in the way of torque "steer" they tend to just be a docile step up from singles.

There's no evidence yet to suggest this was was a first hop for either of course although it is a training field so reasonable to suppose and it is controlled airspace so I can't really answer your question.

It's speculation only but if one had a problem then unfortunately all the holes in the cheese could line up.

I've no experience whatsoever on either aircraft, descendants only,  but neither are particularly  high performance and I'd not rate either as being expected to be at all difficult to fly.

I suppose details will come out but at the moment a bit of a mystery.

Cheers

If anyone has money in HSBC, get it out of there! HSBC is shedding 35000 staff.

More on that air crash in Melbourne

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-20/mangalore-plane-crash-victims-mourned-by-flying-clubs/11982842

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau's (ATSB) Nat Nagy said the "full sequence of events" was not yet fully understood, but the planes were at around 4,000 feet when they collided.

He said the Beechcraft plane Mr Segev and Mr Phillips were on was descending when it collided with a Piper PA44 Seminole model plane, which was climbing after it had taken off from the airfield.

Edited by Jeruselem