Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

41 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Apple are planning their own ARM-based Macbooks which should have the Bionic processors they make, but then they'd have to put in x86-64 emulator on that to run the previous apps not ported to ARM.

Those will cost a frigging fortune.

Nah, they'll just sell people new apps and call it OS*something new* and everything before it is incompatible.

Probably sighting security concerns.

8 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Nah, they'll just sell people new apps and call it OS*something new* and everything before it is incompatible.

Probably sighting security concerns.

Bionic ARM OS!

• Like 1

In you're in South Korea, avoid the local Christians ... and doomsday cult fuckwits

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/south-korea-tests-every-shincheonji-cult-member-coronavirus-outbreak-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

South Korea is testing all 200,000 members of a doomsday cult that has been badly hit by the coronavirus outbreak.

Sixty per cent of the country’s 977 infections are members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, based in Daegu, officials said.

Edited by Jeruselem

6 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

In you're in South Korea, avoid the local Christians ... and doomsday cult fuckwits

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/south-korea-tests-every-shincheonji-cult-member-coronavirus-outbreak-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

South Korea is testing all 200,000 members of a doomsday cult that has been badly hit by the coronavirus outbreak.

Sixty per cent of the country’s 977 infections are members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, based in Daegu, officials said.

It's a similar story in Italy.

I think I read the outbreak started in a church.

On 26/02/2020 at 1:18 PM, Jeruselem said:

guess their prediction of doomsday was accurate for once

1 minute ago, scruffy1 said:

guess their prediction of doomsday was accurate for once

God smote them with a plague for  bothering Him all the time. 😜

2 hours ago, eveln said:

@Cybes I thought of you when I read this ...

I just new you'd be in like Flynn ! 😛

Yeah. Complete with guns and ordnance.

Just when I thought my uninformed opinion of him could get no lower...

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Yeah. Complete with guns and ordnance.

he's really not worth going to jail for

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Just when I thought my uninformed opinion of him could get no lower...

you watch him make more of a fortune out of the sidelines he's got going with it . lol.

Don't look at ASX if don't want to see how your super is crashing.

Edited by Jeruselem

Found someone's credit card sitting on the road (it was hard to see as the card was same colour as the road).

I picked it up before all the cars ran over it.

Can't find the person's name in the phone books but then most people have a mobile phone and not a landline.

Want to get the bank which issued it, it's closed on Saturdays.

10.30 last night inside temp was 30.5c ... now at 8.50am it's 29.5c ... been for a swim and it's no longer February so there's hope here 😉

On 28/02/2020 at 7:31 PM, Jeruselem said:

Want to get the bank which issued it, it's closed on Saturdays.

if it's a stolen or even just a lost card there's a good chance the holder has already cancelled it, maybe

Edited by eveln

Gave it to the police to chase it up, as it's rather pointless finding phone numbers in the directories as most modern people don't have landlines anyway.

12 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

Malaysia has a new PM and the circus over there in politics goes on .

The rate we changed PMs for a bit, and given our current pathetic excuse, I don't think we have much room to throw stones.

Mahatir is not taking it laying down - astonishing that he is still even involved at his age.

Cheers

36 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Mahatir is not taking it laying down - astonishing that he is still even involved at his age.

Cheers

He should retire and spend all that money he's stolen ... geez

20 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

He should retire and spend all that money he's stolen ... geez

It just doesn't seem to be in his nature - strange guy, I was at a garden party he hosted one time, don't actually recall why, he stood for three hours in KL heat greeting every arrival.

Just why he felt the need to do that when he was as much a stranger to most of us as we were to him was beyond me.

Cheers

I'm expecting people running screaming for interest rate cuts now, some asking for negative (like Trump).

There's nasty implications if that happens.

31 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Anyone here use Alinta Energy?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-02/alinta-energy-accused-of-putting-customers-information-at-risk/12006752

Well it's owned by a company called Chow Tai Fook (no I'm not making that up) and they don't seem to paying much attention to the privacy of your data there.

Not any more but any WA members who use gas will have no option, they are THE gas provider in W.A.

Cheers

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

Not any more but any WA members who use gas will have no option, they are THE gas provider in W.A.

Cheers

So you can't tell Alinta to Fook off then ...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

It just doesn't seem to be in his nature - strange guy, I was at a garden party he hosted one time, don't actually recall why, he stood for three hours in KL heat greeting every arrival.

Just why he felt the need to do that when he was as much a stranger to most of us as we were to him was beyond me.

Cheers

How many garden parties hosted by the guy did you attend ? Must have been lots for you to not recall why you were there