Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

🙂

Just one, and not directly, I was tagalong with a mate who was living there at the time.

Malaysia has an amazing number of religious and other events and holidays so I would guess it was one of those. It was also around 15 years ago.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Well I guess the wee true story I'm about to impart, is progress for the fight for equal opportunity. ...

Five " youths " were arrested yesterday in a combined police effort between here and Cairns.

They were found hiding in growth at the back end of a property here in Port. Four girls aging from 12 -> 16, and one boy aged 12 also. They had stolen a car in Cairns and driven it up here, quite possibly cos the 12 year old girl was from up here 😕

Edited by eveln

52 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Yes. Saw this just now myself.
The detrimental flow-on effects of smoking are grossly underestimated, including the filthy stench & tobacco-related chemicals from passive, 2nd & 3rd-hand smoke.
More needs to be done to reduce all such effects on the natural environment & the normal populace; & harsh as it may seem to some, incr. taxes seems one of the only effective ways - quadruple them & allocate the revenue to public healthcare & govt litter/cleanup processes.
Just.
Don't.
Smoke.

a good sleep is worth bottling !

23 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Cyclones are moving South ... no that's not good as Southern homes are not designed to handle them. You don't want to learn like Darwin did with Cyclone Tracy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-06/cyclones-spreading-south-could-cause-tens-of-billions-in-damage/12020218

Hmm,

Townsville and even parts of Brisbane definitely, however most homes in say Sydney and Perth which isn't mentioned but is vulnerable are stronger built than pre-Tracey Darwin.

The bigger issue as the article hints at is stuff flying around and doing damage which can be just one shoddy home, cars, trees etc.

Tracey was an utter shock to Australia, it shouldn't have been but it was.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Hmm,

Townsville and even parts of Brisbane definitely, however most homes in say Sydney and Perth which isn't mentioned but is vulnerable are stronger built than pre-Tracey Darwin.

The bigger issue as the article hints at is stuff flying around and doing damage which can be just one shoddy home, cars, trees etc.

Tracey was an utter shock to Australia, it shouldn't have been but it was.

Cheers

Trouble is since there's no uniform cyclone code some homes might be fine but others are just wooden toys to the cyclone.

Yeah,

That probably why Perth would fare quite well. Nature of the place, built on sand so most every house is double brick.

Cheers

F**king health insurance, went up 39.05 or 4.4% for me.

Scam!

It's Friday, we've had a wee storm and rain, I've had some food and now for some scotch  and tanks ...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

F**king health insurance, went up 39.05 or 4.4% for me.

Scam!

It's always been a scam.

Once the funds were demutualised, it was just another place for ex pollies and their mates to rip off the plebs............with Government subsidies to boot!

Edited by LogicprObe

I gave it the arse decades ago.  Price going up every 6 months "compensated" by stupid discount shoe offer that I maybe used once.

Well, my extras work ok, all the cover I have.

Latest set of glasses were $149, against a retail of $399, but they were muti and non reflective - last pair were rather more.

I've yet to draw down on physio etc, we'll see this year, but overall I'm not really unhappy with it.

Cheers

3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

It's always been a scam.

Once the funds were demutualised, it was just another place for ex pollies and their mates to rip off the plebs............with Government subsidies to boot!

My cover changed too but I'm now covered for

female/male sterilisation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

My cover changed too but I'm now covered for

female/male sterilisation.

why do you pay for that ?

Where does the time go?  It's almost 30 years since Men Behaving Badly (the UK original, not the crap US copy) debuted (1992).

Doesn't seem anywhere near that long (though we probably had a year or 2 lag in it's airing).

10 hours ago, Rybags said:

Where does the time go?  It's almost 30 years since Men Behaving Badly (the UK original, not the crap US copy) debuted (1992).

Doesn't seem anywhere near that long (though we probably had a year or 2 lag in it's airing).

Next you'll be reminiscing about 'The Young Ones'!

It probably served as inspiration.  Set the theme for later shows like Filthy Rich & Catflap, Bottom and Time Gentlemen Please.

I've been waiting for a mention of The Goons ...

🙂

I don't watch enough television to be able to comment but I do have very fond memories of the lunacy of The Goons 🙂

Seriously of the shows thus far mentioned I recognise The Young ones, just,  the others are a mystery to me. It's not intentional, I quite like relaxing for some tv time but those sort of shows never seem to attract me. I don't watch any FTA at all any more, have not for a couple of years, it's all streaming and I really cannot say I miss it.

Cheers

I guess you could call it an evolution and mix of slapstick and dark comedy.

Also throw in the likes of Monty Python's works, Not the 9 O'Clock News and some of Kenny Everett's stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Kenny Everett's stuff.

marvelous, seriously marvelous show that one