Caelum

What's on your mind?

A rush on commodities and consumable groceries maybe?

All the muppets, you know, the ones that use shopping trolleys as mobility aids they don't actually need, have nothing better to do than empty the shelves and hoard stuff they'll probably end up chucking out.

Hmm,

Daytrading really does screw with the predictability of the market. Australia has one hell of a lot of daytraders, most working on quick wins. In that situation with a volatile overseas market they actually can influence a seeming, but ultimately false, rally.

Hording really is getting crazy, I don't need anything at the moment, hoping it will cool off before I need to go shopping.

Cheers

Term deposit rolled over at 1.60%, if it rolled over later it would have been 1.34% (and that's the best rate).

Well that's a turnup.  I've been avoiding mandarins like the plague as they're currently all overpriced disgusting looking imported crap.

Oranges in some cases the same.  But just had a US produced one that I bought the other day and I'd give it about an 8.5/10.  Seedless, nice flavour and healthy looking skin and not too pricey.

• Like 1

I'll 3rd that one. Hardly any dry juicless crap ones. Mostly quite nice. Nothing like the local ones here for flavour but still quite acceptable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fliptopia said:

I'll 3rd that one. Hardly any dry juicless crap ones. Mostly quite nice. Nothing like the local ones here for flavour but still quite acceptable. 

Sounds like ones not 6 months old ...

Bloody headphones, left speaker works but right side has really low volume (checked L R balance on Windows, but it's the headphones)

51 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

Bloody headphones, left speaker works but right side has really low volume (checked L R balance on Windows, but it's the headphones)

Cord usually fails at the plug or where it enters the phones.

You can diagnose by flexing the cord all the way along if there is a 'stretch' in the middle.

I once had a great pair of Sennys that ended up with a 3 ft cord before I blew them up by cranking the mixer up too loud one too many times.

30 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

Cord usually fails at the plug or where it enters the phones.

You can diagnose by flexing the cord all the way along if there is a 'stretch' in the middle.

I once had a great pair of Sennys that ended up with a 3 ft cord before I blew them up by cranking the mixer up too loud one too many times.

True last pair of headphones (EarPods) broke around that spot except the EarPod cables are really dodgy ... like the Lightning cables Apples sells.

• Like 1

That's why any decent head/earphones I buy now have replacable cables or are Bluetooth. 

Bluetooth has made huge leaps in quality to the point that it's still only a hi bit rate MP3 equivalent.

^^^ surely that has always been the way of it

" Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us they can be beaten. "

On 19/03/2020 at 4:56 PM, TheManFromPOST said:

Everybody around me is weird

i'm not

okay, probably i am

• Like 1

I'm not weird, I'm just faulty. should have been sent back

1 hour ago, NZT48 said:

God is great.

Must be a bot....

Cheers