Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Caelum

What's on your mind?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, eveln said:

you two have a mini Cheeky-Jugg on the way  ???

is there a need for green mits and booties here ???

Bist du (and what a) schwanger?

Edited by Juggalo Scrub

1 hour ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

Bist du (and what a) schwanger? 

well ?

😉

7 minutes ago, Juggalo Scrub said:

I mean, I could give birth to an absolutely monstrous project manger.  If that's what you're after?

sounds tiring really ;)

I reckon it might be.  Only thing worse than a project manager is those fucking ITSM wankers they hire who read the books but never worked a real day in their life.  And i'm surrounded by both!

• Haha 1

Oh dear, Australia is in pickle.

The home nation (UK) is run by a talking mop

Our main strategic partner is run by psychopath

Our main economic partner is run by wannabe imperialists

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Oh dear, Australia is in pickle.

The home nation (UK) is run by a talking mop

Our main strategic partner is run by psychopath

Our main economic partner is run by wannabe imperialists

And China is making a play now to bring HongKong into it's fold properly ... talk about creating mayhem. lol

38 minutes ago, eveln said:

And China is making a play now to bring HongKong into it's fold properly ... talk about creating mayhem. lol

Imperial China, there's no more Emperors - but guess what they are behaving like their predecessors anyway.

Britain released Hong Kong as it was required to under the terms of the 99 year lease.

Must have seemed a long time back then but in the interim HKK turned into an economic power-house and the financial engine of South east Asia. Meanwhile China recovered from being shelled in the Opium War, went on a long walk and adopted Communism then opened up the Iron Rice Bowl before the peasants revolted (again.)

Under the terms of the Hong Kong release, which realistically the U.K has and had no ability to enforce Hong Kong was granted Special Economic status or SEZ. So was Shenzen up the road and Macau across the harbour.

Sezs were mainly about China really not understanding capitalism that well so they tried to fence the capitalists in but now they think they do understand capitalism and want Hong Kong to behave more like the rest of China with Macau to follow. Shenzen was always part of China so it has been easier to re-absorb. (Although not without incident as has been the case in other SEZs  across the nation but kept quiet.)

What they do not understand or do not let their communist inclinations allow themselves to understand is that Hong Kong lives or dies on money and money can move in the blink of an eye. Singapore , KL, Bangkok, would all love to have a bigger slice of the pie at the expense of Hong Kong.

They would be much better advised to just leave it alone but they can't help themselves it seems...

Cheers

Posted (edited)

Apple are killing off the charging port on the iPhone 12, charging will be wireless

https://7news.com.au/technology/new-iphone-leak-reveals-apples-secret-weapon-against-samsung-c-1050503

So you're totally fucked if you leave your wireless charging station at home.

So you can buy an Apple wireless charging battery pack for $500?

Edited by Jeruselem

7 minutes ago, dumbmonkey said:

Yawn....

So I have been lurking for 9 years, whats the happy haps?

What took you so long?

• Like 1

500 bucks for the portable wireless charger - now where's our Spanish mate?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

What took you so long?

Well I dont have that good of a story, no international spy mystery, no medically induced coma... Just life I guess...

And well amidst all the crazy that's going on, I'm doing well, things are good, don't even know what prompted me to log back in...

I see a lot of the cool cats are still active, so that's pretty rad!

Hi, I guess.

• Like 2

Lost my home back in January due to bush fires. Have sold up my 40 hectares and moved on to my dads 70 hectares. Been working hard to do fire hazard reduction. NFI if we're doing the right thing, but come on - I think we're cleaning it up ok given it's been untouched for 30 years

cleanup.jpg.29def589e956188f52665d975c996526.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

Posted (edited)

@Khirareq glad you're okay today .

... and um just love your tag . hahahhahha

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Take each day, one at a time. Dec/Jan, fires. Lost my place. New years dad had a PTSD attack, leaving him in hospital, leaving me to look after his place and mine. I could of got more of my stuff out, except the fucking tourists didn't leave East Gippsland when they were told - They fucked around and left it till the last minute (And stripped the town of all supplies as they went through) - There were quite a few of us who could not fully deploy our fire plans due to fucking tourists - Jammed up our roads and blocked our transit paths. I am so fucking pissed off, even six months later. Selfish. Fucking. Cunts. "Ooooh, but my holiday" - Meanwhile I'm stressing because the mobile phone network was going down for days at a time, meaning I couldn't keep an eye on the Fires Near Me app. Id watch the red embers fall at night and stay up - Weeks without sleep

Jan Feb, I was living out of a dome tent - Massive flooding. Still, not as bad as some

Then Corona, and my work being a pack of cunts. I completely missed my own birthday this year 

I attached a photo of what it looked like out my front door for over a month

20200104_180002.jpg

PS: Thanks for noticing the tag - I was rather proud of that 😛

Edited by Khirareq
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

It's just stuff. I can replace it with money, which imo is the only one true renewable resource on the planet. I didn't lose livestock or pets - That would of fucking devastated me

Thanks for the words though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khirareq said:

It's just stuff. I can replace it with money, which imo is the only one true renewable resource on the planet. I didn't lose livestock or pets - That would of fucking devastated me

Thanks for the words though

Amazing colour in that photo though! Most things that don't kill you become an interesting story to tell later. Still.... You can do without it at the time. I like your attitude towards it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Khirareq said:

Lost my home back in January due to bush fires. Have sold up my 40 hectares and moved on to my dads 70 hectares. Been working hard to do fire hazard reduction. NFI if we're doing the right thing, but come on - I think we're cleaning it up ok given it's been untouched for 30 years

cleanup.jpg.29def589e956188f52665d975c996526.jpg

Lota Hard yakka  there Khirareq  👍

12 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Most things that don't kill you become an interesting story to tell later

That is pretty much my whole history here.... 😛

• Haha 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1