chemos

Z77-UD3H Build Issues

Trying to put together a rig for a friend. Have MB Z77X-UD3H, I5 2500K, 16gig Corsair vengeance CMZ16G3M4A,Win 7 home premium 64, 560GTX, running Corsair 620 PSU.

Problem i am having is the system loaded up fine,seemed to be stable, then when i tried to open a 3d app, game etc system just tunred off.

Rebooted it again and same thing happens. It can sit fine for 10 mins then just turns off.

I have flashed bios to latest version, tried running one stick instead of the 4 sticks of ram, still doing the same thing, pulled out 560 GTX, same same.

Got me baffled. Currently i am trying to increase the ram voltage slightly along with the CPU voltage slightly. Thought maybe there was not enough juice getting to it.

Any help would be handy, brother down from NSW need to get this sorted tonight if possible.

Q

Trying to put together a rig for a friend. Have MB Z77X-UD3H, I5 2500K, 16gig Corsair vengeance CMZ16G3M4A,Win 7 home premium 64, 560GTX, running Corsair 620 PSU.

Problem i am having is the system loaded up fine,seemed to be stable, then when i tried to open a 3d app, game etc system just tunred off.

Rebooted it again and same thing happens. It can sit fine for 10 mins then just turns off.

I have flashed bios to latest version, tried running one stick instead of the 4 sticks of ram, still doing the same thing, pulled out 560 GTX, same same.

Got me baffled. Currently i am trying to increase the ram voltage slightly along with the CPU voltage slightly. Thought maybe there was not enough juice getting to it.

Any help would be handy, brother down from NSW need to get this sorted tonight if possible.

Q

Running prime 95 now to stress test it.

Seems to be alot more stable with Voltage increase.

Anyone tell me a safe voltage to set the 2500k at? There is next to no cooling in the case so not thinking of clocking it greatly until new case in the future. Just want a stable setting for now. Like wise withRam, has anyone had to increase the corsair vengeance ddr3 and if so to what?

Cheers again.

Q

First thoughts are it's a CPU overheating issue. How hot is your CPU running?

CPU running at 60 stable.

Upped voltage to the CPU and it has been running stable for 12 hours now under stress testing. i noticed under cpuz that the voltage was dropping significantly under stress test for some reason, once it was increased slightly everything seems to be good.

Safe voltage for 2500k would be around 1.3-1.35v for average clock speed, up to 1.4v for a bit of an overclock.

I used to run 4.6GHz @ about 1.35v on my 2500k.

If it is prime95 stable, then your cpu/memory isn't the issue. If it still crashes during 3D/games only, I would suspect graphics card drives to be the first culprit. Try completely uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling.