TheSingularity

Star Ruler

Hi guys,

Hopefully Unco_Tomato and Hawkeye see this. Anyway did you see the little write up I did on Star Ruler. I was also wondering if you guys might review it, as that way hopefully more players join up as the playerbase is currently somewhat small... The indie developers are really active in there forums, I've been talking to them about the game myself here: http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=5245.0 about everything basically. I also think it would be great as it will give the developers some more cash to play around with if more people buy it thanks to your review, if you do one. And thus they may have more time to improve Star Ruler or more to improve the next project they are doing which has been kept secret so far.

I cover it quite well in this thread here: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=50703. As I'm busy at the moment, well kind of... So hopefully that covers the game a bit more. There is also a great review on SpaceSector about it as well here: http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2011/09/st...er-gold-review/.

I'm not sure what the process is with your reviews if you need to be paid to review a game (hopefully not the case...) or if the game has to be new or something but yeah some details on how the system works would be great too if that is allowed...

Pity there aren't any comments on my thread thought there might be some interest thanks to my other thread on Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, Endless Space and Sword of the Stars 2 and the interested in space strategy games...Guess not though...

Here is also a great gameplay video that is very recent and thus most probably version 1.2.0.0 with gameplay mechanic explanations

. Only one I could find that was recent and decent when I was on my hunt for gameplay videos with explanations while the game is played.

Anyway thanks.

I'm not sure what the process is with your reviews if you need to be paid to review a game (hopefully not the case...)

Whoa! We do not accept money for game reviews! Easy tiger :)

All we need is access to the game; if it's relevant, we'll look at it. Normally, what would happen is a dev or PR will contact us and let us know about a title; or, in the case of big games houses, we just tend to get sent stuff automatically. But with smaller games, like this one, it can be very hard to be across everything, so sometimes we rely upon readers like yourself letting us know about something.

So I'll check this one out, man. Cheers!

Guest xyzzy frobozz

I'm not sure what the process is with your reviews if you need to be paid to review a game (hopefully not the case...)

Whoa! We do not accept money for game reviews! Easy tiger :)

All we need is access to the game; if it's relevant, we'll look at it. Normally, what would happen is a dev or PR will contact us and let us know about a title; or, in the case of big games houses, we just tend to get sent stuff automatically. But with smaller games, like this one, it can be very hard to be across everything, so sometimes we rely upon readers like yourself letting us know about something.

So I'll check this one out, man. Cheers!

Some sort of editor you are.

The print industry is in decline, advertising budgets are being reigned in, people are spending less money on computers...

... and you knock back an offer to pay to review a game.

Unbelievable Hawkeye.

When we can no longer buy Atomic, I think we'll all know who to blame.

Haha.

I wasn't going to give you money so you would review the game...Hell no...I don't have spare money like that floating around. I only even mentioned it as I am certain that IGN is payed to do reviews and payyed to give certain scores on games...Not looking at Activision here at all and there franchise Call of Duty >_>. I'm not trying to compare you to them at all either I just wasn't sure how Atomic functions when it comes to doing reviews and choosing what it puts in the magazine.

I only mentioned I was 'busy' because I was playing Mount & Blade Warband (I'm just love this damn game) all well it is the game that I keep going to, to spend my time on.

Great to haer you will even have a look. The game was originally released unfinished and thus broken so the reviews it released at that time basically said it was shit, ever since then they have patched it like crazy until it reached version 1.1.0.0 where it was re-released as the gold version. It is now version 1.2.1.0 and is a great game I'm just overwhelmed by all the customisability and options and thus am trying to play it each day so I learn a bit more about the mechanics and how to do things. I'm sure once I get the hang of it I will be having a blast.

Edit: Forgot to add...Have a spare copy of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion there by any chance Hawkeye xD...

Oh and do you have a Steam account, I'm sure you do because you have mentioned it in reviews, but I haven't seen your name in any of the Atomicans friends lists? Whereas I found Unco_Tomato pretty fast =D.

Edited by TheSingularity

I know guys at IGN, and I'm quite certain they do not take money for reviews or review scores.

As to Steam IDs, I keep that pretty quiet.

Awwwww you mean the steam id you gave me - mypenisis5inchesofmuscularglory - is fake?

Damn...

Hey, TheSingularity. Pay up if you ever want to see your review alive again. Each hour you delay 30 words will get cut and emailed to you.

Oh Ladies and Gents be nice to the poor guy, he's only young and might take it to heart.

:)

Oh Ladies and Gents be nice to the poor guy, he's only young and might take it to heart.

:)

Take it to heart, unlikely =P. Got far too much else to worry about to be bothered by some chaps making silly comments.

On that note I oddly think I found Hawkeye's Steam account by accident. Only 1 friend according to Steam as well, not TheFrunj or Unco_Tomato...How odd...Poor Hawkeye/David (which do you prefer?) so lonely on Steam. Came across the account while looking at usernames I recognized from the forums in the Public AtomicMPC group (unless it was the private F1 group

...).

Oh and that commeny about IGN was just general dribble I had regurgatated from somewhere after reading there (well what I thought was) ridiculous scores for the most recent Call of Duty games. Sure good to mindlessly waste time and escape/relax with (for me anyway) but as they say if you have played 1 you have played them all. Black Ops 2 looks horrible in my opinion, sure I would buy MW3 if it got cheap enough as well as Black Ops but no way in hell will I buy Black Ops 2. Mainly want MW3 to play with 1 particular close mate and Black Ops just to see what I missed as it didn't look too bad...

Anyway that got kind of side tracked.

Any word on thoughts (if you have looked at it yet) on Star Ruler. Recently generated a 10,000 solar systemed galaxy, my computer was laggy as fuck when I sent out over 10,000 scouts. Already disabled pirates, remnants and enemy AI empires...Damn was it huge and amazing to look at though. Double the size of the entire EVE galaxy a guy was saying on the in-game chat.