Sign in to follow this  
DonutKing

Rise of the triad remake announced

They better not stuff this up...

Going off the video though it looks like they are oh the right track.

Now if only they would do blake stone....

They better not stuff this up...

Going off the video though it looks like they are oh the right track.

Now if only they would do blake stone....

I would kill a man for a Blake Stone remake.

I would kill a man for a Blake Stone remake.

? It was Spear of Destiny with different sprites. And SoD was only Doom with new levels.

Back to RotT: That trailer looks like awesome stuff! Seems like the original sounds have been reused or recreated, too.

Edited by Cybes

Don't you mean Wolf 3D with new levels?

Ah, shit. Yes, yes I do. No need for the link - I knew it as soon as you said it.

I knew what I was talking about! :P

I disagree. Blake stone added a lot more features to the wolf3d engine, and had a lot more varied enemies and weapons. Plus I liked the sci fi setting better.

It wasn't just new sprites

I never got into Blake Stone, mainly because of the Sci Fi setting, but I think I might give it a bash on the 486 today while I reinstall windows.

That guy is a terrible reviewer, but the game brought back memories. We used to play it in primary school. School computers were awesome back then. Pretty sure it was just a demo like many games we had, but I remember most/all of that video.

I sure didn't, but I looked it up, looks like a far better version.

nCx6KfdKytw

yep, I didn't believe it either until I saw it. if only people had known about it, it might have kicked of Mac gaming from an early stage...

http://riseofthetriad.net/

We heard you like it old school - so now you've got the option to play with all the original ROTT 95 sounds and music or you experience the original soundndtrack completely reforged in the fires of heavy metal! The choice is yours.

Excuse me, I have come.

Edit: Just watched the trailer, err mah gerd, heavy metal cover of Goin' Down the Fast Way. Apogee logo and fanfare in HD.

That's two pairs of pants today...

Edited by SquallStrife

I bought the original ROTT on CD when it was released. But the CD has long since disappeared :(

I bought the Wolf3D CD at the same time, I still have that.

http://riseofthetriad.net/

We heard you like it old school - so now you've got the option to play with all the original ROTT 95 sounds and music or you experience the original soundndtrack completely reforged in the fires of heavy metal! The choice is yours.

Excuse me, I have come.

Edit: Just watched the trailer, err mah gerd, heavy metal cover of Goin' Down the Fast Way. Apogee logo and fanfare in HD.

That's two pairs of pants today...

I know man, after watching that trailer, I had to go and play some of the original to calm myself down.

Please! No, Don't Shoot!

I bought the original ROTT on CD when it was released. But the CD has long since disappeared :(

I bought the Wolf3D CD at the same time, I still have that.

I bought a boxed copy of ROTT registered version (published by Manaccomm) plus a boxed copy of ROTT Extreme which was an expansion pack with 4 new episodes sand RANDROTT.EXE which made random playable levels.

Extreme ROTT was damn hard, it had some really nasty puzzles in it and heaps of quirky stuff, I remember there was one level with boulders rolling through the sky, a few levels above the ground

So this is now out. Ive played the first few levels and am thoroughly enjoying myself. Its plain to see that the developers are not a AAA studio, with some framerate bugs causing some issues and a general lack of polish on a lot of the effects etc. in game. Still, really loving it.

Yeah, that annoys me as well, if it weren't for the onscreen indicators, it would be nearly impossible to tell where you were being shot at from.

Just played the game. Overall a decent fast-paced shooter (like the old games). A bit more variety would have been nice in terms of the gameplay, but a fun game overall.

Ha this is only $15 in steam and has awesome ratings across the board! I'm still waiting till its on sale for less than $5 lol