Malkieri

Assange granted Ecuadorean Asylum

I think all alleged rapists should be granted political asylum and use that to never face trial.....

OK

Except Assange isn't an alleged rapist, he's accused of breaking Swedish sexual assault law, where you can be charged with sexual assault if the woman changes her mind after the event.

So that means he didn't sexually assault these women?

Slip him in to something like

Posted Image that just "happened" to go past the embassy and end up at an airport.?

I really wish this forum had a like feature, fucking lol.

I think all alleged rapists should be granted political asylum and use that to never face trial.....

OK

Except Assange isn't an alleged rapist, he's accused of breaking Swedish sexual assault law, where you can be charged with sexual assault if the woman changes her mind after the event.

that's right.

just that he had sex with the women bareback, which they decided that they didn't like some time later......all he's 'guilty' of is being a root-rat, and being a risk-taker (not wearing condoms)

if that's a crime, I would've been locked up many times in my younger days

;)

OK

Its possible that in our definition he didn't.

Considering how long after the event it came out, it wouldn't surprise me if it was some kind of US government conspiracy or just a bunch of Sheilas looking for publicity.

Fair enough.

But laws differ from country to country, I mean they'll execute me for carrying a gram of coke in Singapore, I don't agree with it but it still means I've committed a crime that I have to answer for, I just cant run in to Ecuadors embassy and get asylum can I?

To be completely honest, also, I just don't like the guy or the fact that his site assisted in the disclosure of sensitive military information.

To me he's cut from the same cloth as Kim Dotcom.

Fair enough.

But laws differ from country to country, I mean they'll execute me for carrying a gram of coke in Singapore, I don't agree with it but it still means I've committed a crime that I have to answer for, I just cant run in to Ecuadors embassy and get asylum can I?

To be completely honest, also, I just don't like the guy or the fact that his site assisted in the disclosure of sensitive military information.

Yes can't have people calling our alleged governments on their bullshit now can we? There is NO excuse for a government to keep secrets from the citizens who are its boss unless that government is some kind of dictatorship and people who have the balls to expose these criminals should be given a medal instead of being persecuted (whether I personally like them or not).

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell.

The alleged crime is irrelevant.

Assange feels that the charges being brought against him in Sweden are simply a ruse to get him brought in to the United States, to be locked away indefinitely on some vague terrorism-related pretence.

If you felt you were being unjustly pursued by a nation-state, you're perfectly entitled to run somewhere and seek political asylum. Ecuador or wherever.

Fair enough.

Yes can't have people calling our alleged governments on their bullshit now can we? There is NO excuse for a government to keep secrets from the citizens who are its boss unless that government is some kind of dictatorship and people who have the balls to expose these criminals should be given a medal instead of being persecuted (whether I personally like them or not).

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell.

I like the almost universal assumption that we somehow expect better actions from our government than we do of ourselves, its a grand delusion. Secrets and politics go hand it hand with Government and always have.

also, I can quote Orwell too.

"It seems rather mean to go to HC [Holy Communion] when one doesn't believe, but I have passed myself off for pious & there is nothing for it but to keep up with the deception".

George Orwell

On one hand he was a vaunted Atheist with another...a devout Anglican.

It seems he's quite familiar with utter self deception.

But its ok for the individual to be deceitful right? but not ok for a group of individuals yeah?

Was reading yesterday that the poms were thinking of raiding the embassy basically risking a HUGE diplomatic incident over a broken condom. He must have some really good dirt on someone?

I think this is the first time I've agreed with you.

If you felt you were being unjustly pursued by a nation-state, you're perfectly entitled to run somewhere and seek political asylum. Ecuador or wherever.

... whether you're accepted or not, is entirely up to them.

Fair enough.

I like the almost universal assumption that we somehow expect better actions from our government than we do of ourselves, its a grand delusion. Secrets and politics go hand it hand with Government and always have.

"It seems rather mean to go to HC [Holy Communion] when one doesn't believe, but I have passed myself off for pious & there is nothing for it but to keep up with the deception".

George Orwell

But its ok for the individual to be deceitful right? but not ok for a group of individuals yeah?

Theres a difference between one man being deceitful for his own purposes and a group of individuals being deceitful for their own purposes, especially if they run a country.

Was reading yesterday that the poms were thinking of raiding the embassy basically risking a HUGE diplomatic incident over a broken condom. He must have some really good dirt on someone?

I think this is the first time I've agreed with you.

I wonder if we get to decrypt insurance.aes256 soon?

I dunno about a huge diplomatic incident, who cares about Ecuador and what could they do about it. Maybe if it was a nation that has a presence on the world stage ..

The only time i've heard of this, is on this forum, which had shed a lot of details, that some of the media (links) didn't....

I want to ask a question.

Why is Australia not helping him? Knowing that under OUR law (his), he did nothing wrong?

I think Julia's been on her knees for the president for too long, and just wants HIS country to get what they want.

The only time i've heard of this, is on this forum, which had shed a lot of details, that some of the media (links) didn't....

Why is Australia not helping him? Knowing that under OUR law (his), he did nothing wrong?

I think Julia's been on her knees for the president for too long, and just wants HIS country to get what they want.

He is wanted for rape in Sweden... That's what this is about

It doesn't matter what our laws are, if you break the law in a foreign country, you have to face their judicial system.

The problem in Assange's case, is the doubtful nature of the allegations, and the implications of him being located in Sweden (i.e. Witness Transfer, I think.).

Australia isn't really part of the picture. We could take him in, but then we would have the pressure to extradite him to the USA, and we're quite likely to do that.

Edited by SquallStrife

Fair enough.

George Orwell

Theres a difference between one man being deceitful for his own purposes and a group of individuals being deceitful for their own purposes, especially if they run a country.

I believe that to be totally untrue. Here's a TED talk as to why I believe it

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/dan_ariel...moral_code.html

As stated many times in this thread, what he did, is not under our definition of rape, and it's not the fear of being imprisoned for a couple of years for his sexual assault charge, its the extradition to the US, which could be life imprisonment or even death in a lot of states, as what he did to them, they see it as a form of terrorism.

As stated many times in this thread, what he did, is not under our definition of rape, and it's not the fear of being imprisoned for a couple of years for his sexual assault charge, its the extradition to the US, which could be life imprisonment or even death in a lot of states, as what he did to them, they see it as a form of terrorism.

You are speculating, you dont know what he did in sweden and you certainly cant say he did nothing wrong...

" Sweden accuse him of "one count of rape, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of unlawful coercion--or illegal use of force--allegedly committed in August,"

Our law is for Australians in Australia. Our law doesn't follow ppl on sex trips to sweden..

Edited by xnatex

You are speculating, you dont know what he did in sweden and you certainly cant say he did nothing wrong...

" Sweden accuse him of "one count of rape, two counts of sexual molestation and one count of unlawful coercion--or illegal use of force--allegedly committed in August,"

Where in our law is this ok?

Have you read the rest of the thread? or just picking it up just because i've said it?

As stated, i have no more facts than what has been provided in this thread, if some of it is mere speculation, maybe you should of said something a page a go :P

Have you read the statements of both involved parties and that of Mr Assange xnatex?

The rape was not using a condom, the molestation was well.. use your imagination of what goes on during sexual intercourse, unlawful coercion was apparently when they agreed to go back to her place, and the use of force was when he had her pinned to the wall while having sex.

All of these things seem pretty normal to most people, it's a string-up plain and simple. In Sweden, the burden of proof is in reverse for rape cases. So Assange needs to prove his innocence, rather than these two women needing to prove they were "raped".

Can't remember the show, but it was either on Discovery or ABC. It covered all of this, along with WikiLeaks and had interviews with both Assange and the two women involved. All three said the sex was consensual, though the women are charging him for not using a condom, and in once case he got "violent" when he had sex with her up against a wall. Add in the fact that the sexual acts happened nearly a year before the allegations of rape, and it's pretty easy to see they were either asked to do this by a greedy lawyer, or by a government, Swedish or USA.

haha im not having a go at you, if those facts are from this thread then they are wrong, not you personally

Australia is in no position to help him regardless of our law, this is demonstrated with our most empathetic bleeding heart government Government's foreign minister, Bob Carr even, refusing to help.

You can buy weed from a shop in holland and walk around the street smoking it no worries, You do the same thing in Bali you go to Jail. Its how the world works.

Assange is an idiot, how did he think he would get away with what he did anyway? He wants to be a martyre

Edited by xnatex

No he isn't.

He is wanted for questioning in relation to a sexual assault under Swedish law.

If he was "wanted for rape" he would be charged.

However, instead of sending someone to London to interview him there, they mysteriously want him in Sweden.

And somehow the US has an interest in this case? I'm sure they just want to stand up for the rights of a woman in Sweden to have police question someone in their own police station.

Our respect and cooperation with the legal systems of world super powers like the UK, America and Europe is more important then the plea of some Aussie who wants to be a free speech super star

Edited by xnatex