hectorbustnuts

World Tour has arrived

Sooo...anyone got it yet?

Pre-ordered from Big W and their release date price was $258...~$70 lower than the RRP. Bargain.

The kids brother's playing it right now, but I had a quick burl over lunch. I'm made of suck on the drums.

Didn't have any problems with the cymbals as many appear to be having though.

Seems like it'll be good fun!

Hope Morris is kickin' it live in store today. Can't wait for the pics!

i have it sitting at home waiting for me, too bad i won't be home for another 2 weeks

sadface

*grabs bobby pins and a screwdriver*

What's your address again? :P

God bless Big W.

Unpacking now (sorry kids, no unpacking vids here.)

:( Dam.

On the other note, Morris should make a vid of him going nuts with the game and owning customers at skill he has XD.

i have it sitting at home waiting for me, too bad i won't be home for another 2 weeks

sadface

*grabs bobby pins and a screwdriver*

What's your address again? :P

uh oh

iv said too much....

screw finishing uni *starts running home* ......only 1000km to go.....

Hmm. Quick post, seems I'm having the cymbal issue. Will report more later.

yellow cymbal? i thought iwas having issues too.. after i figured out i put them on the wrong side.. and my wife had a go to see if it was the cymbal or me.. turns out it was me.

i find you have to give it a good whack.. and on the edge if possible.. which makes sense

my foot is killing me!

Edited by eware

yellow cymbal? i thought iwas having issues too.. after i figured out i put them on the wrong side.. and my wife had a go to see if it was the cymbal or me.. turns out it was me.

i find you have to give it a good whack.. and on the edge if possible.. which makes sense

my foot is killing me!

Yeah, give it a good whack on the edge, works maybe 85% of the time.. And yes, I've tested it in the ultra slow-mo practice mode, still refuses to register at times.

Orange cymbal does it too, but not as bad.

And foot? Nah, my back is killing me! Doesn't mean I'm not having fun, though. :)

Edit: I just had a quick trawl on the net, apparently if the cymbal knobs (teehee!) are too tight, it can cause it to not work properly. Loosened them a bit, when the girlfriend decides she's done I'll give it a whirl.

Edited by YPE

my foot is killing me!

Yeah, give it a good whack on the edge, works maybe 85% of the time.. And yes, I've tested it in the ultra slow-mo practice mode, still refuses to register at times.

Orange cymbal does it too, but not as bad.

And foot? Nah, my back is killing me! Doesn't mean I'm not having fun, though. :)

Edit: I just had a quick trawl on the net, apparently if the cymbal knobs (teehee!) are too tight, it can cause it to not work properly. Loosened them a bit, when the girlfriend decides she's done I'll give it a whirl.

thanks for the tip!

I'm finding the new guitar's dropping notes, and i know it's not me.

It'll release a sustained note when my fingers haven't budged at all, and even on single notes. I don't know if it's in the neck or in the strum-bar.

It everyone else's strummer...I dunno..."springier" than the GH3 guitar? It's almost like when I strum down, it's bouncing too far UP and registering it as a second strum.

Will need further investigation.

I'm finding the new guitar's dropping notes, and i know it's not me.

It'll release a sustained note when my fingers haven't budged at all, and even on single notes. I don't know if it's in the neck or in the strum-bar.

It everyone else's strummer...I dunno..."springier" than the GH3 guitar? It's almost like when I strum down, it's bouncing too far UP and registering it as a second strum.

Will need further investigation.

Strummer on mine is actually much tighter than the GH3 guitar...

hmmm well i loosened the cymbol nuts and while it has improved the response(i think) i still think it could be better,maybe we just gotta hit the things a bit harder:)

lol and before i picked it up i thought "drumming will be pretty easy i can play the guitar bits just fine" played a couple songs on easy and then bumped it to medium and got owned big time lol but its alot of fun.

hmmm well i loosened the cymbol nuts and while it has improved the response(i think) i still think it could be better,maybe we just gotta hit the things a bit harder:)

lol and before i picked it up i thought "drumming will be pretty easy i can play the guitar bits just fine" played a couple songs on easy and then bumped it to medium and got owned big time lol but its alot of fun.

Yeah, you really need to hit hard to improve strike rate, especially if you're hitting in rapid succession. No jazztap here.

Frustrating.

Hmmmm...uncool.

I'd hate to have to send it off for replacement/repairs.

If it's faulty within 14 days of purchase, swap it over for new ones. Outside of 14 days you have to contact Activision.

Anyway I have photos. Going to upload soon and I'll make a new thread.

I set up the game and unlocked all the songs at work. Challenged a few people too. No one beat me.

this might fix the sensitivity issue

http://www.powertuneplus.com/gh/

hey hey nice find! guys i just followed this: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dhF5noVUBN8

its as basic as ya can get and i just tused some black electrical tape on 1 side of the sensor in my yellow symbol and its sweet as,no longer concentratin on tryin to hit the damn thing hard and in the right spot,ya just tap it and it works:)

Thanks dBug!

lol on reflection wouldnt this have been picked up during testing,i can understand smaller things slipping through the net but surely the people testing must have found that it just didnt feel right? oh well all is good yay but i still suck at drums haha

This worries me. Had to send back 2 guitars on GH3. Missus is going to get me WT for my bday next week but I don't want faulty gear putting a damper on it all.

All my instruments seem to be working flawlessly.

Game is great! Much better than GH3... I just did the Tool songs on Hard, 96%+ on all.

Loving the new guitar's size. Also feels much sturdier than the previous ones.

Only had a quick bash on the drums for now... Been playing the game all night.

Awesome fun. :D

A lot of people complaining that the new drums aren't solid and can collapse :( Let aside the sensitivity issues.