hectorbustnuts

World Tour has arrived

A lot of people complaining that the new drums aren't solid and can collapse :( Let aside the sensitivity issues.

There should be a label, saying

NOTE: THESE DRUMS ARE NOT REAL DRUMS, AND BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF THEM PRETENDING YOU ARE GOOD WILL RESULT IN YOU NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY BADLY ANYMORE.

A lot of people complaining that the new drums aren't solid and can collapse :( Let aside the sensitivity issues.

NOTE: THESE DRUMS ARE NOT REAL DRUMS, AND BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF THEM PRETENDING YOU ARE GOOD WILL RESULT IN YOU NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY BADLY ANYMORE.

well after playin on them for a solid 3 hours or so after doin that little tape mod i cant see how anybody could hit these things hard enough to make them collapse?? i mean if start hittin them too hard it just makes too much noise anyway and sounds crap.

Oh...Shit.

/Cries.

played it a a friends house tonight. Fun!

The problems I see so far

- Getting everyone up to speed is gonna be tough when you have people who can't keep time wanting to play drums. Those out of time hits on the pads put you off! Dropping down the difficulty doesn't seem to be any fun for drummers.

- Guitar strummer seems even harder to press than the last one. I stand by that the xbox whie guitar is the best one even if it's corded.

- Song selection doesn't seem too interesting.

- Our orange cymbal doesn't register properly unless you smack the shit out of it. (will try fixes when I get a chance).

- We couldn't seem to find a way to play as a band in a practice mode (so you don't get boo'ed off)?

- It'd be nice if you could ad lib some of the drums in a fun mode sort of way.

- We couldn't seem to find a way to play as a band in a practice mode (so you don't get boo'ed off)?

You're going to need Rock Band 2's Party Mode for that.

Jesus, how hard are these people hitting the drums?

I was hitting them kinda firmly last night and they didn't even wobble, let alone collapse.

Jesus, how hard are these people hitting the drums?

I was hitting them kinda firmly last night and they didn't even wobble, let alone collapse.

Yeah, get some cymbals that only respond to 75% of hits, if that, and then see how hard you hit them.

I'll be gettin it over the weekend probably, and have already saved a few links to DIY drum repairs I've seen around the net ha.

Already downloaded Blind Melon's 'No Rain' as DLC but I agree with Atomic's review that Rock Band set list is overall a bit better. There's plenty I like in GHWT, but if you compare the DLC RB shits all over GHWT, and I'm not sure it's solely because RB's been out in other regions for so long... we'll see.

Quite happy to pick up RB too, using GHWT instruments of course.

Used the tape fix, works a treat.

P.S. Christ, Ted Nugent's Stranglehold is an epic.

Edited by YPE

For some unknown reason, my cousin and her boyfriend brought two copies of the game + guitar pack.

Because of this I'm getting a copy of the game, but no instruments.

What are my options for buying controllers for the game?

Those with drum sensitivity issues (or little girly arms) might want to try out the Activision Drum Tuning Kit.

Sounds a lot better than opening the bastard up and re-gluing things. But it seems you do need a MIDI-USB adapter.

I haven't tried it yet, so can't say here-nor-there about it, as I don't have the game yet.

*jealous glare.

Edited by MoshVandal

The tape trick seemed to help me with sensitivity problems I had with both my cymbals, but I'm also having similar problems with my red drum so I've bought a USB-midi cable off ebay for $14....

The tape trick seemed to help me with sensitivity problems I had with both my cymbals, but I'm also having similar problems with my red drum so I've bought a USB-midi cable off ebay for $14....

Yeah, I've just noticed the same, but the red is so much less of a problem than the cymbals were.

Our drums seem to be doing just fine but I find I am having to hit the yellow cymbal way harder than the others and my weak girly arms get really frikin tired after doing 6 songs. I might try the tape mod and see if that improves things. As someone who was expecting to get put in the singers place because no one else I would play with would actually sing I was kind of let down with the singing component. it's much harder to sing a song well if you have never heard it before, even if you have lyrics to guide you. Plus most of the songs are sung by guys and while it supposedly doesn't matter if your an octave or so above I'm not sure why I am scoring well sometimes when my comet doesn't go through the high way but sits a line or so above, and sometimes i am scored badly for the exact same thing. I know I am in pitch because my comet is on a straight line, not going up and down all over the place. Then sometimes when I know I am singing in a higher octave the comet is in the highway, like the game has adjusted it's self to my higher voice? want rockband just because I know and can sing so many more of the songs. I think I will be using the drums much more while I only have GHWT. I'm only playing on medium drums right now but I am getting better and can finish most songs no problem.

I waited for this outside eb with my mate on launch. Then new guitar seems better quality to me, and I like the star power button next to the strummer. The drums are way out of my league, however my friends mate played them exceptionally well on his first go (we're talking 92% on medium mode). The drums are also very tiring on the longer songs.

The singing is a bit retarded on some songs, with odd lyrics and odd voice distortions which no normal human can replicate. Otherwise the game is great.

One of my friends drums broke last night :O

Doesn't work at all. :(

So I've told him to take it back to JB and see if he can get a replacement straight away, which should happen >_>

Failing that, I guess he sends it off to activision and waits?

iv only got GH3 on the wii so no DLC for me :( , but i was wondering is TTFATF still the hardest song? is there anything of similar difficulty on world tour, or any other downloads?

Well, I took my whole thing back to Big W last night after getting fucked off with the borked strum-bar...got a refund, as no complete packs left. Did a hunt around a few other shopping centres, but they were all sold out of the complete band pack. D:

So I bought a new single guitar GH:WT pack at JB (thankfully the strummer works on this one), and picked up the Rock Band disc (against everything I've spouted about never buying Rock Band) :/

Well, my yellow cymbal just carked it. Tested it on the orange connection, still nothing.

Win.

Edit: So, managed to take my pack back to Big W despite one of the managers insisting there was a card with fault instructions written on it. I never saw such a card, and he eventually gave me a refund (they had no more stock). Went up to JB, bought again for 290, came home, there's a little green card with fault instructions on it. Outstanding. Sure enough, I still have cymbal problems, combined with a more noticeable red drum, plus minor foot pedal problem. So, off to the Activision site I go.

Edited by YPE

After all the hype from Activision, I'm a tad underwhelmed by World Tour, and especially with the instruments. While their form is fantastic, their function is leaving a bit to be desired. The horrible click the guitar makes while strumming combined with it's overall sloppy feedback annoys me. And admittedly, I'm retarded at the drums, but it doesn't help having a kick pedal that doesn't seem to notice the little hits.

And don't start me on the singing. I've always been against singing in GH, and the microphone + interface for the 360 is made of suck.

However, I'm still having a blast working through career mode, almost in spite of all that. And of course, having your girlfriend play guitar while I have a drum is prertty awesome.

LBP and Fable 2 are still pwning the living room though.

Edited by elfinke

I bought last Wednesday, played the drums for around an hour, and the yellow cymbal carked it completely. not even inconsistent response, just nothing. Tried it on the orange side, same thing. RMA'ed and sent on Thursday, no news yet.

Dodgied it up last night playing with the orange cymbal on the yellow side and no orange cymbal, was still pretty fun. I think I'll try the tuning thing once I get the yellow cymbal back.

I'll update on the status of my RMA as stuff happens.

I thought I was the man, beating Trapped Under Ice on Expert on my first attempt, so I took a shot at Hot For Teacher on Expert...and got totally owned. hahaha

One of my friends drums broke last night :O

Doesn't work at all. :(

So I've told him to take it back to JB and see if he can get a replacement straight away, which should happen >_>

Failing that, I guess he sends it off to activision and waits?

First thing to do is to contact the manufacturer first, not the retailer.

First thing I ask a customer is if they contacted the manufacturer. If they haven't, I'll put them on a phone. It's in the warranty information for most products (including GH:WT which says to go through their website first)