hectorbustnuts

World Tour has arrived

One of my friends drums broke last night :O

Doesn't work at all. :(

So I've told him to take it back to JB and see if he can get a replacement straight away, which should happen >_>

Failing that, I guess he sends it off to activision and waits?

First thing to do is to contact the manufacturer first, not the retailer.

First thing I ask a customer is if they contacted the manufacturer. If they haven't, I'll put them on a phone. It's in the warranty information for most products (including GH:WT which says to go through their website first)

Funny thing is, if you weren't supplied a little green card as with my first complete kit, all it says in the warranty section is to go straight to the retailer.

hey Morris,

how many returns of this are you getting? light / medium / heavy?

from what i'm reading it seems like it's affecting almost everyone who bought it.

dont wanna fork out my $$ to have to go belly up.

Mine's been perfect so far... The guitar is TONS better than the previous wireless one (I know hector had strumbar problems, but mine's flawless), mike working fine, and the drums are awesome. It did take me a long while (~1 hour) to get used to just how hard I have to him them (sometimes feels harder than I'm comfortable with hitting them though), and also WHERE, especially with the 'cymbals' (middle of pad); striking the edge sometimes works, but doesn't always, and the manual advises hitting the centre, so I find I've set the kit a little lower to ensure good coverage of all pads.

Now, to get the drums away from the wife! We've barely even touched the guitar hah, been playing through band with me on vocals and her on drums; she's getting damn good, and beats me on percentage most times!

I think my guitar problem was a one off, as the replacement axe works perfectly.

And yeah, it's WAY better than the GH3 guitar (LOVE the scallop in the back of it so it doesn't dig into your gut).

First thing I ask a customer is if they contacted the manufacturer. If they haven't, I'll put them on a phone. It's in the warranty information for most products (including GH:WT which says to go through their website first)

Problem is, Australia has laws about this kind of thing. Activision can put as many cards into the boxes as they like but they cant override the retailers responsibility and the customers rights.

I went to JB Hi-Fi the other day and couldn't get through the door as 4 people tried to get through the security barrier with those massive drum boxes to return them! It was a funny sight!

Problem is, Australia has laws about this kind of thing. Activision can put as many cards into the boxes as they like but they cant override the retailers responsibility and the customers rights.

Pretty much this.

I know it must suck being the retailer sometimes, but you've got a duty to sell items fit for purpose, and shit that breaks on the second day isn't fit for purpose. I don't give a shit what Activision want you to do, I'll use my rights as a consumer if I can.

Anyway, he got a new set of drums, and the new ones are shit too unfortunately (but at least they work even though they're terribad) so we're waiting on the midi controller to see if that helps.

edit: playing with a bunch of friends is great though <3

Edited by superfireydave

At the store I manage, we have been fortunate enough to not have any returns.

But, I have said/warned all our GHWT customers about the problem with the drums, and also told them in the same breath that they are entitled to a replacement, refund or help, or a combination of all 3. I do't understand retailers who wouldn't do the same.

w00t! (haven't used that word in ages!)

j03y just got the long awaited call from JB saying their stock has arrived, and our copy of GHWT is awaiting us.

Unfortunately, due to a weeding on the weekend, I won't be able to pick up, let alone play the damn thing until Tuesday. :,(

Oh well, at least I know that it's there.

Finally got my copy of WT (the complete pack) and Rockband last night.

Busted it out with three of my housemates and had an absolute blast. Just about the most fun that we've had around the TV :P

That said though, few niggles here and there. I don't like how the guitar sounds like I'm playing an extended session of Diablo. The clicker sounds too much like a mouse click for my liking. I also have a feeling that my orange cymbal is borked, but yet to do some more testing on it.

Is the strummer supposed to wobble a little before the pressure before clicking?

Edited by Reb1rth.

Oh definitely.

If it's faulty within 14 days of purchase I swap it over (DOA period given to me for this product is 14 days). But only if the customer has also done what they can to ensure that it is definitely faulty (i.e. call the manufacturer).

I had one customer bring theirs back telling me it's faulty. I tested it, found what they were doing wrong and told them what it was. Went home happy because it was working fine, but this could all have been avoided with a phone call to the manufacturer.

So far I've only had one genuine faulty bundle - and that's because it was missing the microphone.

Edited by morris

Awesomest wifey just bought me Rock Band for Xmas (but I get it early, WIN, because I conceded to her spending $180 on framing some tapestry she brought back from Melbourne markets)... and I haven't even PLAYED it yet. I know, that's REAL discipline, YEAH!

Had family over for some GHWT goodness last night (finally got some of those 4-player-band achievements)... I'll be into RB next week!

Red Drum pad has died. Not registering at all.

Off to Activision support I go :P

ditto. Ordered the usb midi cable tonight. Then gonna buy rockband (cos it''s compatible).

I'm happy with the Death Magnetic download, but the rest of the songs aren't that interesting with nothing grabbing my attention in the way of upcoming DLC.

So far the only download content on GH:WT that has been worth it is Death Magnetic and the Classic Rock pack (Rock 'N Roll Band by Boston; Hot Blooded by Foreigner; Jessies Girl by Ricky Springfield). I regret buying the rest.

Rockband on the other hand - I bought 9000 microsoft points and still don't have enough.

I must admit that Rockband has the better song list. Although I'm quite impressed with the GH:WT instruments. Got a good 5 hour thrashing at Ug Lee's place the other night.

Edited by morris

The GH songlist is basically fucking shit. Gonna get rockband today. Much better list and DLC.

So far the only download content on GH:WT that has been worth it is Death Magnetic and the Classic Rock pack (Rock 'N Roll Band by Boston; Hot Blooded by Foreigner; Jessies Girl by Ricky Springfield). I regret buying the rest.

Rockband on the other hand - I bought 9000 microsoft points and still don't have enough.

I must admit that Rockband has the better song list. Although I'm quite impressed with the GH:WT instruments. Got a good 5 hour thrashing at Ug Lee's place the other night.

Definitely agree... I'm loving playing through GHWT at the moment, but I reckon once we've finished the Band Mode, I'll play through all the instrument careers on Easy then that'll be it. Got Death Magnetic, and 'No Rain' by Blind Melon, but so far nothing else of its DLC is interesting, but when I was browsing through RB's DLC the other night every few second I'm thinking "FAAAARKK OFFFFFFFFFF that's AWESOME! Gotta get THAT... Oh shit another one holy.... OHHHHHHHH SO getting that".

I'll have to remove GHWT from the hard drive now to make room for all the RB DLC haha...

I just got my yellow cymbal back in the mail today. Looks like a completely new cymbal - there's no wear on it at all. I'll give it a workout tonight and edit this post.

Just got my USB-Midi cable, tuned up the drum.

Holy christ, this is what fun is like again? I almost forgot!

I got my cable today too... I grabbed it just in-case.

Nothing was wrong with my drums until yesterday, my orange symbol went a bit funny.

It detects some soft hits but not others.

how long (overall) did it take to get the cable? I ordered mine last sunday. Got 1 confirmation email that they will let me know when it gets shipped. Nothing since.

12 days. Ordered on the 15th (about 6pm), arrived today the 28th, so realistically 12 days. Got an email saying it had been shipped, only checked the email this morning after I missed the delivery. :(

13 days for myself.

Got the email on the 12th day, saying it had been sent, and I got a card in the mail to go pick it up on the 13th day.

13 days for myself.

Got the email on the 12th day, saying it had been sent, and I got a card in the mail to go pick it up on the 13th day.

How are you guys getting the cable? I'd really like one too - my orange cymbal's a bit crap during GHWT, and weirdly enough the BLUE one is iffy when in Rock Band (though fine in GHWT).