Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
hectorbustnuts

World Tour has arrived

13 days for myself.

Got the email on the 12th day, saying it had been sent, and I got a card in the mail to go pick it up on the 13th day.

How are you guys getting the cable? I'd really like one too - my orange cymbal's a bit crap during GHWT, and weirdly enough the BLUE one is iffy when in Rock Band (though fine in GHWT).

There's a green card in the packaging. Go to the site it says, or maybe one of your fellow chums of atomic know the url. Anyway, you order that shit off there, WUP WUP!

13 days for myself.

Got the email on the 12th day, saying it had been sent, and I got a card in the mail to go pick it up on the 13th day.

How are you guys getting the cable? I'd really like one too - my orange cymbal's a bit crap during GHWT, and weirdly enough the BLUE one is iffy when in Rock Band (though fine in GHWT).

There's a green card in the packaging. Go to the site it says, or maybe one of your fellow chums of atomic know the url. Anyway, you order that shit off there, WUP WUP!

Ah cool thanks... yeah got the card, so will check it out.

how long (overall) did it take to get the cable? I ordered mine last sunday. Got 1 confirmation email that they will let me know when it gets shipped. Nothing since.

I ordered mine on the 15/11/08, received confirmation email that day, and nothing since. I'm guessing they have been swamped a bit in the mean time.

13 days for myself.

Ah cool thanks... yeah got the card, so will check it out.

Direct link.

http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/redo...amp;p_topview=1

Anyone in the biz (Morris?) know if the GH:WT drums will be available for stand-alone sale at any point?

Man, I wish I'd not been so hasty returning the full band set.

),:

Unfotunately I have had no word on the instruments being available separately. Which seems silly because now there's no way to have two of the GH:WT guitars without getting another copy of the game.

Thanks for the cable info folks - 'ordered' mine last night, but since some folk ordered weeks ago and it's still to arrive, I won't hold my breath; it's not urgent anyway.

My strum bar now doesn't work when pressed down, only up.

Sigh.

Whoa that sucks... I never strum up... maybe a mechanical thing, easy enough to fix by dismantling? Wouldn't wanna go in there though unless you could make it impossible to tell you had, or you might void the warranty you'd have to turn to if you didn't find an easy fix.

Whoa that sucks... I never strum up... maybe a mechanical thing, easy enough to fix by dismantling? Wouldn't wanna go in there though unless you could make it impossible to tell you had, or you might void the warranty you'd have to turn to if you didn't find an easy fix.

I'm recent to the genre, but I was encouraged by friends to learn how to alternate between the two. It makes things harder at first, but once you get it down it makes the really fast notes much much easier, particularly when you get really fast strings of the same note repeatedly.

Edited by Zanken

Whoa that sucks... I never strum up

I'd be surprised if you can manage to finish any harder song on Hard or Expert difficulty, then.

I'd be surprised if you can manage to finish any harder song on Hard or Expert difficulty, then.

I only ever strum up when there are 3+ notes in very quick succession.

I can finish almost everything on expert (fuck the intro to Demolition Man).

'

I only ever strum up when there are 3+ notes in very quick succession.

I can finish almost everything on expert (fuck the intro to Demolition Man).

I'll join the up-strumming crew. I guess being a bassist has some bearing on that. I'll only strum both ways when it's a Foo Fighters song of a whole bunch of repeated notes (see Knights of Cydonia in GH3)

I rarely strum up, it feels poo on these controllers. Always alternate pick on real guitars though.

Anyway, my red drum works about 10% of the time. Got rma details, sending back. So poo.

Alternate picking is ftl, economy picking is where it's at >:D

But I prefer to downpick, simply because that's how I play my real guitar because it's more hardcore or something.

Becomes less fun (and more effort) for me by then, I never get that far...

Also, rarely have the TIME to get that far, there's always something else to steal me away once I start getting as far as the start of Hard...

Put it this way, I've never failed a song in a GH game (except intentionally, for the Achievement), except maybe first time(s) I tried the harder difficulties with GH1, still not being used to the controls. I realise though that learning up-strumming would be pretty much mandatory if I ever DID play that far...

I have the same downstrum issue, just with Rock Band, its so annoying, the down strm only works after an upstrum, so up-down-up-down works...

So I'm going to try and return the pack tomorrow, I've only had it for a couple of days, hopefully JB HiFi don't mess me around.

You'd think that after releasing a few music games these companies would have the peripherals working without fault...oh well.

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread or not, but it's related to World Tour so I'm gonna whack it in here (and there's been talk of instruments available seperately)..

I just spied this on the US Logitech site..

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/p...n?WT.ac=ps|5102

Mother-fracking expensive but it sure sounds and looks like a pretty sweet game controller..

As far as I can tell it's only for the Sony... 2 & 3.. not for the XBox..

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread or not, but it's related to World Tour so I'm gonna whack it in here (and there's been talk of instruments available seperately)..

Mother-fracking expensive but it sure sounds and looks like a pretty sweet game controller..

Holy snappin' duck shit, that s awesome. Trust Logitech to take guitar controllers to that level.

Also, Yahtzee's latest review is of this very title, and is as always, bang on for the money.

And my cable arrived yesterday. Fixed all of my drum problems in a snap.

Edited by elfinke

Up strum died yesterday. Only registering about every 5th strum. another RMA for me. still waiting on return on drums :\

Buttfuck... last night, my blue pad has started tripping the red at the same time, about half the time.

I'm kinda hoping it's because a) this is the first time we've changed the batteries from the shitty Duracell that came with (I prefer Energizer), and b) this happened DURING the game (ie we were playin along happily and all of a sudden 'please reconnect controller', just dropped off that quick), so maybe it got a bit confused? And will be fine the next time we start it up?

Sucks... can still get about 96% but that ain't good enough, when the problem's mechanical or whatever :-P

I placed the warranty order for the tuning kit last week (to fix some sensitivity issues in the orange cymbal in GHWT, and the blue pad in RB - which seems fine in GHWT so go figure...), so hopefully that'll show up soon; maybe that'll help too.

I think I'll still Google the DIY drum kit fixes I remember seeing on the net (where they take the pads apart and reseat the sensor in better silicon etc), just in case... Would be too much trouble to take the whole bloody lot back to Dick Smith where I got it near work, so hopefully can fix it myself...

Edited by thylacine

If they made that for the 360 I'd order two right now.

'

Put me down as alternate picking.

No idea why. I just prefer it.

You've got wigglytuff under your handle now... Congrats!

There's probably a proper thread about it somewhere, but I like living on the edge y'see...