codecreeper

WoW MOP 5.04 Update

Anyone update their WoW client ready for the MOP expansion? I did and it has a Major Bug which is pissing me off. Screen freezes in some places or at start just keeps the Hard drive grinding away for ages or until you can hit the logout button. It seems a lot of the WoW community is suffering from this and Blizzard keeps saying its not a client problem. Blizz Forums are alive with threads like this and as usual all is quiet from Blizzard.

Apart from that the talent system is confusing along with the glyphs. It they have made the game more easier and stats and such are all the same. You get less spells and but they also combined some together to create better ones. At Last the Warlock now gets his DPS back and tonight my Lock took down that guy in Uldum where you lure the boss over the croc eggs. He was using his buffed Void to tank him it was so easy the boss was 644k and it was like cutting cake.

What is everyone one's thoughts on this upgrade?

no glitches or bugs. none for my son.

how can tallents be more confusing. you select 1 of 3 every 15 levels and then Glyphs.

stats required are mixed up a bit, my ret pally went from strength to haste, I was a bit wtf. aflic lock and Fury warrior are not to much different.

with the full client update and clean, it looks like they have polished the layout of SW i little bit. I even went and clicked the recomend button for the graphics to see how they optimise it.

Deadly boss mods and recount are workign again so we are all good to go.

no glitches or bugs. none for my son.

how can tallents be more confusing. you select 1 of 3 every 15 levels and then Glyphs.

stats required are mixed up a bit, my ret pally went from strength to haste, I was a bit wtf. aflic lock and Fury warrior are not to much different.

with the full client update and clean, it looks like they have polished the layout of SW i little bit. I even went and clicked the recomend button for the graphics to see how they optimise it.

Deadly boss mods and recount are workign again so we are all good to go.

I found Deepholm the most buggy with the phasing instances. Log in too Deepholm and you see a bug the one i was talking about.

Warlock is actually more streamlined in its ways ,the only bug i found in the rotation as a afflic lock is that you have to use Fel Flame after the DoT's for extra ticks. And grab the glyph for the allowing the DoT's to tick more than 30secs.

I noticed the Heroics are more like Normals now most dungeons are easier now. I try not to use addons or anything but the what is provided ,DPS addons are like Gearscore only causes issues. The Combat log is good for DPS ideas and calculations.

deepholm was alwaysed bugged. all those explosing pillars and stupid shit would spaz my graphics card out. I had to stop goign there or look at the ground to limit view distance. good thing it was dull and could be missed, bad that you needed the shoulder enchant.

All of Cata has been nerfed, atleast 3 times over it's run and as my son said, DS is rading for beginners. he highlighted Ultraxian but compared all of Dragon Soul to firelands to show that it was half arsed content with very little step up in complexity from LFR to Normal and a little more to Heroic. HE also sayd they have addressed that issue some what in MoP.

I have yet to play 5.0.4 but have set my tallents and adjusted my gems and enchants to the new weightings. I dred the numbe rof Noobs in DS these days so have been watchign BF3 videos and playign with video capture in MSI afterburner. (just need to as some hard rock/metal music and post to youtube)

after 6 years of wow this has made me dump it i wont be going back to wow,the new talents etc im just over it..

I am getting more bugs with this version ow WoW than any other versions. Last bug was today i shutdown WoW and Windows reports not enough resources for Windows and wants to downsize my resolution. This must indicate either a) a memory leak in the 64bit version or b) they designed MoP for high end PC's

It seems Blizzard are now stopping replying to messages about the problems with the new update. Most players have narrowed the issues down to the new Graphics engine and compatibility with older Graphics cards. Error 134 is causing heaps of problems along with the multi-sampling bug anything other than 1* or 8* you get crashes galore and lag. Just hope it gets fixed soon or GW2 could be overloaded with ex-wow players.

saw that MoP had a seperate 64bit client. I have had no problems with it.

I did specificaly go in to the video setting and ask it to apply it's recomendations instead of sticking with the old or generic.

Does anyone know the size of this patch? I'm a bit close too my quota atm. If it's more than a gig or two, I'll just have to wait till the quota gets renewed.

Does anyone know the size of this patch? I'm a bit close too my quota atm. If it's more than a gig or two, I'll just have to wait till the quota gets renewed.

full client redo, 21GB

contains 32 and 64 bit versions.

Edited by meowkitty

Just checked Blizz forums and someone leaked a email about all these problems. Apparently Blizz will only support Hardware only 2 years old now and anything older its your problem you deal with it. The other issue is half of the code is missing in preparation for MOP and when you go too certain areas its a blank map or just crashes for xrealms play. Reading the forums tech support Blizz have been very quiet on a lot of problems. Just hope they delay the MOP release to fix all the bugs this new graphics engine is a pain in the butt.

Had a power outage and my toon was stuck in Uldum getting it back was awkward i had to login and when game started to hearthstone back to org otherwise it would lock up over graphics issues.

I am leveling a tauren pally tank and i learned they nerfed the threat by taking aura's out. It was crazy i had to sit on a button waiting a CD all the time. Maybe this is why Bear Druid Tanks are now back in their number one spot .

Edited by codecreeper

Just checked Blizz forums and someone leaked a email about all these problems. Apparently Blizz will only support Hardware only 2 years old now and anything older its your problem you deal with it. The other issue is half of the code is missing in preparation for MOP and when you go too certain areas its a blank map or just crashes for xrealms play. Reading the forums tech support Blizz have been very quiet on a lot of problems. Just hope they delay the MOP release to fix all the bugs this new graphics engine is a pain in the butt.

Had a power outage and my toon was stuck in Uldum getting it back was awkward i had to login and when game started to hearthstone back to org otherwise it would lock up over graphics issues.

I am leveling a tauren pally tank and i learned they nerfed the threat by taking aura's out. It was crazy i had to sit on a button waiting a CD all the time. Maybe this is why Bear Druid Tanks are now back in their number one spot .

pally tanks are useless for threat untill mid 20's and even then healers can keep whole groups up as long as the whole group does not go soloing. they were nerfed when they redid it for Lich, have yet to get on my mid 20s pally tank (doing my 85 ret rotation training) but this not new. with out concecrate and the threat multiplyer buff it can be a challenge sometimes to keep main target threat above 120% BOA has added to this.

All classes are now useless for everything until level 60 :P

Thankfully you can level from 1-75 in around 1.5 days play time if you've got Heirlooms. I'm currently leveling my fourth 85 at the moment before MoP launches, coincidentally a Prot Pally at 78.

Not sure what I'll make my main toon, most likely my Druid, which has been my favorite since BC (before that druids weren't the best at anything).

Currently have:

85 Warrior: Prot / Arms

85 Rogue: Assasin / Subtle

85 Druid: Resto / Guardian

78 Pally: Prot / Holy

72 DK: Unspecced as I haven't played him since patch.

45 Shaman: Resto / Elemental

41 Priest: Shadow / Disc

38 Mage: Frost / Arcane

It's looking like I'll be reviewing MoP for Atomic this time around. So I might level my Pally first, and then head back to start a Pandarian Monk for the review.

New talents should be far from confusing lol.

Not really enjoying the latest patch but that's likely the combination of GW2 coming out and the fact there's simply nothing to do in WoW at the moment until MOP launches.

Will definitely be getting MOP though - played the beta for quite some time and was pretty impressed overall!

remove all addons or update them, that removed all stuttering for me, i have seen no bugs yet.

Just finished lvling my 17th Character (not all one 1 account). looks like they have reduced xp requirement now.

The stuttering is caused by the cross realm code in the game ,but not activated yet.

The Prot Pallys have been DPS nerfed someone put a thread up in blizz forums and it seems they losing heaps of DPS now. Max DPS on skills is about 1-5k max and this is not the only thing even vengeance has been reduced or sometimes not working at all. Someone did some testing and confirmed the problems with the Prot Pally and DPS. AT this stage i have mothballed him ,going back to my Warrior for Tanking now.

This patch is highlighting a lot of problems most of like in my case for using old Hardware ,still using my old DDR2 mobo 3 years old now.

Good, Prot pallies were doing far too much damage, hopefully this brings them into line with warriors and bears.

Yeah i second that. Although its good to have an extra "dps" in the heroic/raid

Good, Prot pallies were doing far too much damage, hopefully this brings them into line with warriors and bears.

I did 3 pugs today in heroics and all had pally tanks not one could keep aggro. With my Fire Mage i learned the art of threat management really fast after my first volley of spells the mobs where heading for me. Glad i had invisibility slotted i was going to dump it.

people forget that they have to make sure they have the tanks target.

huntards who don't care for that shit get left to die at the hands of what they pull.

Last one who did that was a mate, I laughed at him on Vent.